What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 - They're Games, But We Aren't In 'Em

Bazal

Post Whore
As i said Nofo would be a gun if he played in a Penrith jersey.

Of course he would lol.

I reckon both DWZ and Nofo are basically generic modern wingers. You'd have either at Parra for the right price, both genuine first graders at worst. DWZ has awful hands but, and he's no better in defence than Nofo. I'd probably take Nofo if I had to pick between the two, he's much safer and his defensive issues are as much to do with the players inside him. The Tigers edges are abysmal defensively

hindy111

Post Whore
Of course he would lol.

I reckon both DWZ and Nofo are basically generic modern wingers. You'd have either at Parra for the right price, both genuine first graders at worst. DWZ has awful hands but, and he's no better in defence than Nofo. I'd probably take Nofo if I had to pick between the two, he's much safer and his defensive issues are as much to do with the players inside him. The Tigers edges are abysmal defensively

Noa is 2 yrs older. Big difference on young players.

Clifferd

Coach
I dont like the way he defends. Not smart enough to make a team id build.

Yeah I can't disagree. Makes a lot of poor defensive reads but I think that moreso comes down to not trusting his inside man.

His work in attack more than makes up for it imo, defo up to mansours level if not better. If Tigers were in a better position on the ladder I'd have no doubt he'd be in origin contention as he's had games like yesterday for quite awhile now

Bazal

Post Whore
Outplayed Mansour quite easily last week who was his opposite.

Mansauce is coming back from injury though...and having had a major knee injury myself I can tell you it takes an awfully long time to get over mentally if nothing else.

I'd probably have Mansauce top of the three at their best, Nofo a close second and DWZ a fair bit further back.

Clifferd

Coach
Mansauce is coming back from injury though...and having had a major knee injury myself I can tell you it takes an awfully long time to get over mentally if nothing else.

I'd probably have Mansauce top of the three at their best, Nofo a close second and DWZ a fair bit further back.

Ahh frick forgot about his knee lol yeah that can be a bit of a pickle

They're all top class wingers either way, jeez the depth for wingers in the nrl is pretty quality

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah knee injuries are a bastard

On wingers, it'll be interesting to see what Curtis Rona does now that the Farce have been euthanised...a lot of NRL sides wouldn't mind a try scorer of his calibre, even if he's a pretty stock standard winger otherwise IMO

hindy111

Post Whore

How do you rate Gutherson chances of getting back To best?

Bazal

Post Whore
How do you rate Gutherson chances of getting back To best?

Pretty good. Most pro athletes get back unless it's a really terrible injury or there are complications, they've got far better systems in place than us plebs. I'm not a pro athlete, I've got essentially no system to help me recover and I had a far worse injury than Gutho and eventually got back better than before, although I lost the power in my right foot step and I lost pace. The ankle is what eventually killed me off as a footy player.

Gutho doesn't really rely on blinding pace or a vicious step which might be affected by a serious knee injury, he's more a dummy/fend and slinky footwork kind of guy. Only concern might be his explosiveness at the line but realistically that should only be a confidence thing.