What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 V Souths

John Hamblin

Juniors
Souths beating Gold Coast 24-0 at half time. HOWEVER Souths right side defence is looking ordinary . Imagine Laui Kikua and Critchton against them !!!

Girds89

Bench
Few big ins for us for this game.

Id like to see

Edwards
May (most likely momo at centre critta wing)
Critta
Burton
Naden
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Api
Jfh
Kiks
Capes
Yeo

Tago
Martin
Tpj
Sorensen

Girds89

Bench
Put Staines and May on the wings and Crichton back to centre. Fast backline who defend well. The rest looks solid.
I thought naden did pretty well considering how much traffic amd bombs were directed his way.
Im happy to leave him there. I think ivan will go same backline as dragons but.

Fangs

Coach
We looked pretty good last night despite missing 5 key players. With each player back our attack gets stronger, same with game time for Cleary. And obviously our defence improves as well with our best pack on the ground. So any additional players next week will be a nice bonus.

I'd like another confident performance like yesterday. Dictate terms, control the pace of the game. I think we play up tempo football better than any other squad in the competition.

Alintheeast

Juniors
I think the side starting against Souths will be one in place for the first semi. It’s an important match so best and seasoned team(except To’o) needs to be named. No more kids, future stars etc. Maybe against Wests Ivan can be king of the kids but Souths match is key.

franklin2323

Immortal
We looked pretty good last night despite missing 5 key players. With each player back our attack gets stronger, same with game time for Cleary. And obviously our defence improves as well with our best pack on the ground. So any additional players next week will be a nice bonus.

I'd like another confident performance like yesterday. Dictate terms, control the pace of the game. I think we play up tempo football better than any other squad in the competition.

Api, Fish, Capewell and TPJ are huge ins.

Crazy that we are here in round 23 and will be the 5th game our 1st choice spine has played

The_Frog

First Grade
If we're going to beat them we have to stop them making ground. Keep them pinned in their territory and they aren't nearly as dangerous. It's a tough assignment though, no-one has come close to troubling them since the Dubbo game. Unfortunately I don't think our defence is quite what it was then.

franklin2323

Immortal
If we're going to beat them we have to stop them making ground. Keep them pinned in their territory and they aren't nearly as dangerous. It's a tough assignment though, no-one has come close to troubling them since the Dubbo game. Unfortunately I don't think our defence is quite what it was then.

Just copy the game plan from last time we played them.

look at the side we will run out. Too dangerous for everyone

Girds89

Bench
Who have they played? We are almost full strength our pack will steam roll them
I wish i shared your constant absolute certain sense of sureness that we are just going to win and be way to strong for teams.

The bunnies are a much better side than when we versed them last.

I think at our best we win. But honestly, i really really dont think playing nath is a good idea. Bunnies know we are playing them week 1 in the finals. They will be dirty and going out of there way to put his shoulder under all shorts of additional pressure.

Without nathan we dont beat them. But id rest him. Cop the loss and have him there hopefully for week one of the finals.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Our attack isn’t the same as back then either. At the time we played them in Dubbo I seem to recall we made few errors in games. These days we just seem to be dropping the ball so much more.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wish i shared your constant absolute certain sense of sureness that we are just going to win and be way to strong for teams.

The bunnies are a much better side than when we versed them last.

I think at our best we win. But honestly, i really really dont think playing nath is a good idea. Bunnies know we are playing them week 1 in the finals. They will be dirty and going out of there way to put his shoulder under all shorts of additional pressure.

Without nathan we dont beat them. But id rest him. Cop the loss and have him there hopefully for week one of the finals.

Defence wins games. Our right side has conceded something like 6 tries this whole season. I back that to stop their left side.

They seem to have no plan B. Unlike Manly that gets you both sides if you stop Cody Walker you stop Souths