What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Souths. Posts by @iamback are all opinion based

I’m a little concerned about limping into the finals. It’s understandable with all our injuries/suspensions, just a touch worried what that‘ll do for team morale. But on the flip side this run of Storm/Souths & Cowboys might’ve really taken a physical toll on the team before the finals, so it could be a blessing. Ideally it’d be great if Luai & Martin make it back for round 25 to blow off the cobwebs.

Munky

Coach
Cronulla in 2016 lost a bit of form into the finals then exploded to dominate the Raiders and Cowboys in the way to the GF.

Malone was a big game player and I think Api can do the same for us.

Cleary needs to stamp his authority on a finals series too.

Fangs

Coach
Its a different route to the grand final this year. We could lack cohesion. Last year we were busted but on the field.

Looks like an interesting finals series particularly with the form of the Roosters.

Iamback

Coach
Currently Manly 95 to 97 was a more dominant team.

Need to win the GF to overtake them.

Games lost over that period we are slightly in front

them or the Roosters 3 Minor Premierships in a row 2013-2015 are the only sides that can match this current run

Iamback

Coach
Cronulla in 2016 lost a bit of form into the finals then exploded to dominate the Raiders and Cowboys in the way to the GF.

Malone was a big game player and I think Api can do the same for us.

Cleary needs to stamp his authority on a finals series too.

As good we have been this run, We are yet to completely dominate a finals series

Iamback

Coach
Its a different route to the grand final this year. We could lack cohesion. Last year we were busted but on the field.

Looks like an interesting finals series particularly with the form of the Roosters.

We all know the finals are refereed differently, Sides like Sharks are untested in that environment which looks good for the quality of the finals series

WestyLife

First Grade
We all know the finals are refereed differently, Sides like Sharks are untested in that environment which looks good for the quality of the finals series

Suits us well with less penalties to relieve pressure. A lot of games this year penalties is the only way teams have had field position against this defence.

Iamback

Coach
Suits us well with less penalties to relieve pressure. A lot of games this year penalties is the only way teams have had field position against this defence.

It helped the Storm on Thurs too, Roosters can grind out wins too. So the bottom 8 should trouble top 4 teams

Munky

Coach
Games lost over that period we are slightly in front

them or the Roosters 3 Minor Premierships in a row 2013-2015 are the only sides that can match this current run

Manly made three straight grand finals.

Roosters only once in their MP streak.

Murraymob1

Juniors
In the semi we will play side 4 at present that could be a few teams .while some on here don’t rate parra they have beaten us 2 times.So ideally oarra in bottom 4 and we play anyone else

2021 Storm had three losses and the best for and against of all time I believe
But the same wins and losses as the second best team. Even the third best team only had one less loss. I appreciate they effectively had it won before the last round and pulled up (accounting for one of the losses).

Maybe it’s semantics. I grant that when they won, they won very well. But for me dominance should entail a bit more clear water between the rest of the field.

Iamback

Coach
In the semi we will play side 4 at present that could be a few teams .while some on here don’t rate parra they have beaten us 2 times.So ideally oarra in bottom 4 and we play anyone else

Sharks and Souths won't lose another game, Melbourne should win 2/3 with will make it for and against that decides it

Looking at the draw, I think that the Cows are going to limp home but probably should have enough to take 4th over Souths; probably on for and against (unless Souths can absolutely tonk them in a fortnights time).

Souths and Easts to bash the sh!t out of each other for two weeks in a row. Latrell to do something stupid and get himself banned.

Iamback

Coach
Looking at the draw, I think that the Cows are going to limp home but probably should have enough to take 4th over Souths; probably on for and against (unless Souths can absolutely tonk them in a fortnights time).

Souths and Easts to bash the sh!t out of each other for two weeks in a row. Latrell to do something stupid and get himself banned.

Only 74 difference for and against difference.

A 20 point win to Souffs when they play has it down to 34, I guess it depends how much Cows rake up against Warriors this week

Murraymob1

Juniors
I
Only 74 difference for and against difference.

A 20 point win to Souffs when they play has it down to 34, I guess it depends how much Cows rake up against Warriors this week
If they beat the warriors.the sides out of the 8 having nothing to lose and could be dangourus

Latest posts