What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Souths. Posts by @iamback are all opinion based

Exsilium

First Grade
There’s more to the fullback position that just being the attacking link. Defensive coordination, support play and kick returns are your biggest gains.

Cant score points without position and Edwards provides a lot of momentum to the side. Something I don’t see Critta adding.

Kilkenny

Coach
They have been training since Dec
2 weeks off won't have them underdone.
In fact every player has niggles this time of the year, those sides fighting for top 4 can't rest those guys.

So keeps us fresher
I’m not sure the leading minds in the game would agree with your assessment, some may suggest our lead in the the finals is far from ideal but you guys obviously no better.

hindy111

Post Whore
You and Smug for starters. You’ve promoted this myth for this entire season.

Never for one minute did you ever conceive we may incur injuries or other misfortunes.

what happened in the past means nothing, it is all about the present, and that is what this whoLe notion no one can beat us was so silly.

Parra beat you twice

hindy111

Post Whore
It is your arrogance about it, you cant and shouldn’t expect anything.

Seriously, the momentum has actually changed and we are no longer guaranteed of even being in the GF never mind winning it.

It is not to say we can’t do it, but we should never be so arrogant to suggest it is ours to lose.

I don’t get the arrogance, I really don’t.

the Bunnies are on fire, they are trending really well and I fear the worst tomorrow night night because they have the form they have momentum.

Them and the Roosters are thundering home. Id fear them both the most.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I’m not sure the leading minds in the game would agree with your assessment, some may suggest our lead in the the finals is far from ideal but you guys obviously no better.
The minds that have us at $2.20 to win the comp? That's crazy short

Kilkenny

Coach
We are in a fantastic position, the best out of anyone by miles

You are well known for your outrageous statements, I wont venture into the past to call you out for certain statement around the Ricky Stuart comments, but suffice to say this is another example of a statement not consistent with reality.

Girds89

Bench
They have been training since Dec
2 weeks off won't have them underdone.
In fact every player has niggles this time of the year, those sides fighting for top 4 can't rest those guys.

So keeps us fresher
Lol..... this coming from the bloke whose been harping on we cant have last rd off against cows due to match fitness hahaha. Playing 2 out of 4 was your words wasnt it if we were to win wk1....

Talk about spinning one narative for one argument than conpletley changing the narative to suit when needed.

Kilkenny

Coach
Parra beat you twice
It is not the issue. Yes the Eels beat us twice. Maybe you can take something away from that, I don’t know but you are struggling to beat any other top four or top eight side.

This time of the year is all about who has there best players available, fit and well, in form with winning momentum.

The remaining 3 regular season games are critical for all sides given the makeup of the top 8 is settled. It is now all about who finishes where, who gets thru with no serious injury to key players and is In form at the right time.

maple_69

Bench
Bunnies limped past the Knights and Dogs, beat a ratshit Storm side, lost to the Sharks and then belted the Warriors and an ever erratic Eels. They’re going good but plenty to prove against a functioning defence.

Chooks put Newcastle and the Dragons to the sword, knocked off Brisbane, Cows and Manly. They’re building nicely for sure.

Chooks, Parra and Melbourne are the only sides I can see going with us on their day with our halves back.

Smug Panther

First Grade
You are well known for your outrageous statements, I wont venture into the past to call you out for certain statement around the Ricky Stuart comments, but suffice to say this is another example of a statement not consistent with reality.
Nothing tops your claim that Katoa was a good hooker and we didn't need Api

Kilkenny

Coach
There is not a punter on this planet who would put a single dollar on us at $2-20 except you maybe given you have suggested all season no one can beat us.

I admire your optimism but this competition was always going to start now, not in the first ten rounds or first twenty rounds.

We are now at the business end of the season and frankly there are some on here who remain delusional.

Kilkenny

Coach
There is not a punter on this planet who would put a single dollar on us at $2-20 except you maybe given you have suggested all season no one can beat us.

I admire your optimism but this competition was always going to start now, not in the first ten rounds or first twenty rounds.

We are now at the business end of the season and frankly there are some on here who remain delusional.

Kilkenny

Coach
Nothing tops your claim that Katoa was a good hooker and we didn't need Api
My opinion around Katoa were expressed about footy.

You on the other hand recently expressed very serious opinions around certain parents deserving of having children with disabilities and as I recall calling out all members of the Royal Family for being peadophiles. There are other rather extreme examples..

You are probably right, I was wrong about Sione Katoa, but i was probably wrong about an opinion around footy, while you very very wrong about something far more hurtful.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'd be worried if it was long term injuries, Luai is full training
Martin is training again
Haas played SOO with the injury May has
JFH and Cleary can train but will be fresh

Martin, Tiny and Edwards are in the reduced team for tomorrow night.

Scotty S has a mild injury with his calf. Hopgood comming in.

Team looks stronger than last week.

It will be close, I hope Penrith can get the bikkies in this game.

Smug Panther

First Grade
My opinion around Katoa were expressed about footy.

You on the other hand recently expressed very serious opinions around certain parents deserving of having children with disabilities and as I recall calling out all members of the Royal Family for being peadophiles. There are other rather extreme examples..

You are probably right, I was wrong about Sione Katoa, but i was probably wrong about an opinion around footy, while you very very wrong about something far more hurtful.
The joke about Ricky was poor form but yeah f**k the royal family, they openly defend paedophiles

There’s more to the fullback position that just being the attacking link. Defensive coordination, support play and kick returns are your biggest gains.

Cant score points without position and Edwards provides a lot of momentum to the side. Something I don’t see Critta adding.
I like Staines and Citta, so this isn’t having a go at either but it was obvious last week (particularly in the first half) about how we were missing the punch that Dyl gives us. Usually we are in a position to have a couple of plays at a defence on plays 4 and 5; with the lack of momentum on the first tackle last week we were generally only getting a single shot at Melbourne per yardage 6.

Latest posts