What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Souths. Posts by @iamback are all opinion based

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Jesus Christ. Log in to see fellow fans celebrating beating one of the form teams everyone’s dickriding and winning the minor premiership with reserve grade halves and our best forward out. Usual suspects unhappy and pot shoting players and coach.

Ya’ll f**ked. 😂😂😂

Couldn’t be happier with our boys, amazing efforts.

Crashtest

Juniors
We don’t have one. It’s why Ivan has had salmon on the bench all year and since salmon has been starting he has carried an outside back. No idea what the whinging about Staines is about he was only ever going to play if there was an injury or if we got pumped they’d would’ve pulled dyl of for an early night.

Ivan will not go into a game with a hooker and three forwards on the bench unless one can shift to the centres just get used to it, we did not look like we needed another forward tonight anyway, Chris smith on the bench just eats into other players minutes. We just wrapped up the minor prem with two weeks to go missing both halves the last 3 weeks and a couple other injuries and suspensions thrown in there and people are bagging the coach, fmd what does it take to please some of you.
Best post of the night. Would of liked it twice or more if that was possible.

I know all of us have different opinions, but FMD, we just wrapped up our 2nd minor premiership in 3 years, and the year in between we came equal first on points but only for and against stopped us from winning 3 straight, plus won a premiership, made a grand final and are favourites to win again this year. At yet some fans on here still want To find any reason to find fault and bag out the coaching staff.

Even after we have just won a game against one of the form teams in the comp whist missing our 3 best players

Iamback

Coach
The thing with playing Staines on bench, If Martin or Kiks went down, there was no one to cover.

Chris Smith or Falls would of been better, Garner should fix that issue next year

We were 2nd on For and against last year too

maple_69

Bench
Edge forward goes down and Tago covers them with Staines slotting into the backline. There’s no perfect answer in our squad and very much like last year, Cleary has come up with the conservative solution which is proving effective enough.

maple_69

Bench
Massive win tonight. That was such a cracker of a game to watch. It’s the most fascinating match up in the league with their lethal edges and ball movement and our relentless battering and strangling.

SOS was fantastic tonight along with the usual suspects in Dyl, Api and Yeo. Props to Martin, coughed a few tries up but he kept having a red hot crack and came up with the big plays when it counted. Hopefully he can turn a corner on the back of it. His form has always been streaky, hopefully we’re about to see him go sledgehammer on the finals.

betcats

Referee
I'm pretty happy. Also said we could win when others said we had no chance. Just weird to have a player sit on the bench doing nothing. Leniu got good minutes at least.

I don’t really like carrying an outside back but the coach doesn’t have a utility forward he trusts to cover centre besides salmon so I can see the reasoning, I do believe you need an option to cover the backs these days. It seems to me and I could be wrong about this but it seems a couple of the posters who are unhappy with staines on the bench were not long ago arguing for Turuva to be on the bench which is a bit mind boggling. With our top 5 backs fit there will be absolutely no difference when staines or Turuva gets on the field, injury or maybe at the end of a game that is already decided. Realistically salmon coming off the bench has been getting 10 minutes? If that. Besides when he’s had to cover injuries of course. 10 minutes is not a lot of minutes he has basically been there all year for injury cover.

Funny how a game can change a teams outlook.
On 28 points and the Cowboys and Roosters to come. There not certainties for top 8 just yet.
I think Souths win their next two and come fifth.

The Sharks won’t lose again in the regular season, Cows will slip to fourth.

Canberra won’t win three must win games in a row, so Easts will slip into the 8.

Panthers/Cows and Easts/Souths will both play each other two weekends in a row.

Or none of these things might happen. Penrith will be first though….

hindy111

Post Whore
I just thought it was an awesome game of footy. Lead changed and when it counted Latrel bailed it from side line. Then a penalty to level it up followed by a winning try. Great game. One of the best this season.

I can understand a back on the bench. Reason is you don't need 4 forwards. 3 is plenty. It only limits minutes of your better forwards and most can play 60 anyhows.

I wouldn't completely write Souths off. They do have a tough draw thou. Shame eels didn't beat them last week or they'd be stuck on 26 points.

Yes Nathan will come back but SOS was exceptional last night. 40/20s, forced drop outs just very good. Nathan would have to play well to match that. Of course Nathan is twice the player but let's not underestimate SOS yesterday.
Luai however adds a lot more then Salmon and then the Fish.

But both sides bombed tries Paulo bombed 2 and also cost them the game at end.
Crighton got a lucky intercept with a off COOK pass. Martin could of had 3 tries. The point is however SOUTHS still scored 4 tries the same as Panthers with goal kicking the difference and they could of had 6/7 so need to tighten the defense still. And yes Penrith also could of scored 6 also. I'm just saying if they had a bit more luck they are still very dangerous. I've not seen a side open you guys up that easily.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Souths win their next two and come fifth.

The Sharks won’t lose again in the regular season, Cows will slip to fourth.

Canberra won’t win three must win games in a row, so Easts will slip into the 8.

Panthers/Cows and Easts/Souths will both play each other two weekends in a row.

Or none of these things might happen. Penrith will be first though….

I reckon Canberra win out. They'll beat the KNIGHTS and MANLY at home. I'd back them to beat TIGERS away if it's for the top 8.

Parra unsure. Could lose all 3 but I have a feeling they will win out and make a charge then get barrelled out week 2 AGAIN.

SHARKS will finish 2nd.

All other positions are up for grabs. Storm vs Brisbane tonight's huge. As is Roosters vs STORM next week.

Iamback

Coach
I don’t really like carrying an outside back but the coach doesn’t have a utility forward he trusts to cover centre besides salmon so I can see the reasoning, I do believe you need an option to cover the backs these days. It seems to me and I could be wrong about this but it seems a couple of the posters who are unhappy with staines on the bench were not long ago arguing for Turuva to be on the bench which is a bit mind boggling. With our top 5 backs fit there will be absolutely no difference when staines or Turuva gets on the field, injury or maybe at the end of a game that is already decided. Realistically salmon coming off the bench has been getting 10 minutes? If that. Besides when he’s had to cover injuries of course. 10 minutes is not a lot of minutes he has basically been there all year for injury cover.

I have never been one for a back on the bench.

NSW Cup all year have run 4 forwards on the bench, this includes when Jennings or Staines are pulled at halftime.

If Chris Smith can play 40mins in centre down there, Surely he can sit on the bench in NRL to give an edge a break

Latest posts