What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs. Panthers - Discussion + Voting

renouf

Juniors
Official lineup:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer ©
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. David Taylor
11. Tonie Carroll
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker
Reserves:
14. Lagi Setu
15. Ben Te’o
16. Josh McGuire
17. Ashton Sims

Obviously this is a winnable game, I think the only weakness Penrith have is their young halves and that fullback.

Bit worried about our confidence though, Jennings/Lewis could tear us apart..

DeeJ

Bench
Hopefully we play a more controlled game with less mistakes than yesterday. We don't need to play fancy for this, just tighten up the defense and keep it aggressive. Lockyer should bomb the sh*t out of Sammut too. He can be a bit erratic.

I am confident that Hodges can handle Jennings though. Pritchard is the one I am worried about bursting through.

renouf

Juniors
Edit, nevermind..

I agree we need to play more controlled, Penrith will punish us if we don't.

Last edited:

DR.ZOIDBERG

Juniors
God I hope we win

When does Big Izzy come back? He would have been real good last night with tall the high kicks.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I think they need to improve their urgency in support play and on loose ball plus remain active in defence and not switch off.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
It's nice to have an unchanged lineup for a change... Will be a really tough game against the Panthers though, but if we build on last night we can get the job done hopefully. We really need to win all our other games because I don't like our chances against the Dragons...

user_nat

Coach
I can see us either losing by a lot or barely winning.

I was going to say this is a must win game, but aren't they all now.

Country Bronco

Juniors
It's nice to have an unchanged lineup for a change... Will be a really tough game against the Panthers though, but if we build on last night we can get the job done hopefully. We really need to win all our other games because I don't like our chances against the Dragons...

Lucky for us!!!! They're only taking one game at a time. The Dragons are steamrolling to a premiership and we'll have to face them after the panthers. Not looking forward to that game although i have preempted redemption by hodges on creagh in this game after what happened in origin3. Could be embarassment of riches.:roll:. Might take a few stilnox and red bull to make the time fly by.

renouf

Juniors
Kenny might be in some doubt.. he had knee soreness and they weren't sure if he would backup.. IMO we need him out there, the loss of him and Clinton will hurt us.

babyg

Juniors
tough game but i think we can do it. Best line up for a while and the win should boost confidence.

Lycon79

Juniors
A must win game IMO if they win and a few results go our way we may end up back in the eight :cool:.

Billigan

Juniors
Izzy and Clinton are due back for the Dragons game.

if izzy and clinton returnfor the dragons game that would be a massive boost for the last few matches.

well for the panthers game all the broncos need to do is to start the game abit better tighten there defence and remain as agressive as last week and the main thing is not to panic and rush there attack. with that they should win

broncos 28-8

renouf

Juniors
3. Lockyer
2. Wallace
1. Hunt

Special mentions to Sims, Taylor, T'eo, Setu, Kenny, Hodges, McCollough.. hope I haven't left anyone out

Did anyone know what was wrong with Glenn? He looked to pickup an ankle injury late in the game.. hope it's nothing serious.. we won't want Michaels coming back.

Twigg

Juniors
3. Lockyer
2. Wallace
1. Sims

Hounable mention to every other broncos playerand should all get 1 point each lol. Boy I did not expect that 2nd half. If they had half a brain in the first half it would have been 58-6.

I don't know what Henjack did at half time but what a revival. We have hit form at a good time as well.

As for Glenn, he screamed during the tackle. He did his ankle and sorta limped downwards as the broncos were on the attack. At least he walked and didn't stay on the ground.

panthers 13+ jennings will get a hatrick

:lol:

Dazzat

First Grade
3. Lockyer
1. Sims
1. Hunt
1. Parker

I love being proved wrong when it comes to the Broncos ... one of the most entertaining games of the year.

Setu and Teo finally starting to show their ability.

It's taken Lockyer this long to recover from Origin.

Still a long way to the final eight though.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Two things:

1. We are improving after that nightmare that was Canberra.

2. Our attitude is getting to where it needs to be for us to be any threat for the remainder of the season.

I am not doing cartwheels though for the first time in a long time I sit here a content and happy Bronco fan. We still have a tough run to the finals and the Dragons will be in a foul mood next week.

Good to see Lockyer return to form. Finally.

Onward and upward from here. Back-to-back wins is a good feeling, let's go for the hat-trick ;-)

Country Bronco

Juniors
All stood up and played well.

3 Lockyer
2 Hunt
1 Teo

Two wins straight and i've been to both games. It is good to see karmichael hunt and other bronco players applaud the crowd near the end of game cause we're there for them thru thick and thin. Back to the game, i feel they showed more urgency today especially in support play and in defence. There was a fine tackle on a near runaway jennings by yow yeh. I enjoyed the huge hit by kenny on bell which knocked bell senseless. The broncos also dismantled the panthers in the middle of the ruck thru clever passes and barge from then on it was open floodgates. Next assignment is the dragons and despite their loss to canberra they'll be our acid test. We need to show up with confidence on the back of two wins but not arrogance as the hard work needs to be done again. Three games left and it is still one game at a time.

Latest posts