What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs Roosters

getsmarty

Immortal
match-default-1736x350.jpg

Telstra Premiership Round 23 Dragons vs Roosters
Telstra Premiership

Round 23 - Saturday 24th August 2019

Match: Dragons vs Roosters
Kick off: 7:35pm
dragons-badge.svg

home Team

Dragons

14th Position

away Team

Roosters

2nd Position

#NRLDragonsRoosters

Venue: Netstrata Jubilee Stadium

Match broadcasters

• Foxtel
  • Nine Network
  • LIVE PASS
  • KAYO
Ground Conditions: N/A

Weather: Partly Cloudy

Buy Tickets
Stats
Head-to-Head
St. George Illawarra Dragons and Sydney Roosters have played 40 games. St. George Illawarra Dragons has won 20 games. Sydney Roosters has won 19 games. They have drawn 1 game.

Head-To-Head
Since 1998
Played

Won

Drawn
Previous Meetings

Match: Roosters vs Dragons

Thursday 25th April 2019

F ull T ime

home Team

Roosters

Scored 20 points

away Team

Dragons

Scored 10 points

Match: Roosters vs Dragons

Sunday 29th July 2018

F ull T ime

home Team

Roosters

Scored 36 points

away Team

Dragons

Scored 18 points

Form Guide
Dragons recent results:
Roosters recent results:
Current Season
Wins this season
35%

7/20

70%

14/20

Points Scored
home St. George Illawarra Dragons

away Sydney Roosters
Points Conceded

away Sydney Roosters
Completion Rate
76%

73%

Tackle Efficiency
88.8%

87.8%

Average Points Scored

away Sydney Roosters
Average Points Conceded

away Sydney Roosters
Average Play The Ball
3.42s

3.42s

Key Stats
Wins at this venue
63%

52/83

33%

1/3

Wins overall
51%

267/520

57%

316/559

https://www.dragons.com.au/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-23-dragons-v-roosters/

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Current Season
Wins this season
35%

7/20

70%

14/20

Points Scored

away Sydney Roosters
Points Conceded

away Sydney Roosters

These are the most damning evidence to why McGregor shoukd never, ever be our coach.

35% win rate this year is laughable and this ready made excuse of the JDB incident ruining their season is just pathetic, as it didn't have any effect on 5 players being selected for Origin, or others playing in Internationals. If they were so psychologically damaged they wouldn't be able to be selected for these tough games.
All BS and our Board swallows it hook line and sinker.

getsmarty

Immortal
Current Season
Wins this season
35%

7/20

70%

14/20

Points Scored

away Sydney Roosters
Points Conceded

away Sydney Roosters

These are the most damning evidence to why McGregor shoukd never, ever be our coach.

35% win rate this year is laughable and this ready made excuse of the JDB incident ruining their season is just pathetic, as it didn't have any effect on 5 players being selected for Origin, or others playing in Internationals. If they were so psychologically damaged they wouldn't be able to be selected for these tough games.
All BS and our Board swallows it hook line and sinker.

Correct...If the Sharks and Roosters put a cricket score on us, then that helps a little more in terms of pressure on the Coach.

thebigredv

First Grade
Correct...If the Sharks and Roosters put a cricket score on us, then that helps a little more in terms of pressure on the Coach.

Tell me this isn't the lowest point of Dragons supporter history. We genuinely need our team to be belted for some action to be taken. I pleaded with the club to reconsider when they renewed his contract back in April. The fans could see this eventuating.

ALSGI

Bench
Tell me this isn't the lowest point of Dragons supporter history. We genuinely need our team to be belted for some action to be taken. I pleaded with the club to reconsider when they renewed his contract back in April. The fans could see this eventuating.
Agree mate, this has to be the lowest point in our history.

We’ve had plenty of lows in my 50+ years as a supporter but never with such a good roster - which clearly points to rotten, unaccountable Management, amateur coaching/mentoring and a ‘system’ that is embarrassing for supporters.

thebigredv

First Grade
There were some who NEVER approved of McGregor from day one.

That's true.I remember not being thrilled but, then again, 'anything had to be better than price', right? I was willing to give him a go. The sack mcgregor thread began early in 2016 when he had been given every opportunity, and it was clear he wasn't up to it. Fast forward to almost 2020 and we are worse than ever.

SAP58

Juniors
Maybe the Roosters after watching our game today will do us a favour and rest most of their good players which may keep the score below 50.

Alec’s-saints

Juniors
Coach what is the game plan for next week against the roosters ? Do we prank the Roosters by telling them the game was moved to Wollongong and we run out to Jubilee and collect the 2 points by forfeit?

Walpole

Juniors
Roosters beat the Warriors 42-6 and the Warriors are better than us. They beat the Titans 58-6 who are the only team worse than us. So, if the Roosters turn up and take it seriously you'd think they beat us by something like 50-6. Anyone know if there's any decent movies on TV next Saturday night?

18to87

First Grade
There were some who NEVER approved of McGregor from day one.
I was one. He should never have been the S&C coach. He wasn't qualified then either and the on the field performance suffered as injuries ran through the squad.

Como Connection

First Grade
Roosters beat the Warriors 42-6 and the Warriors are better than us. They beat the Titans 58-6 who are the only team worse than us. So, if the Roosters turn up and take it seriously you'd think they beat us by something like 50-6. Anyone know if there's any decent movies on TV next Saturday night?
I'll be there until at least half time.
CC