What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 - Raiders vs Rabbitohs, Saturday 25th of August 3:00pm @ GIO Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hopefully AJ GI and Campbell are back. If they are drop Kennar for sure and Fui too.

Yesterday Raiders completed their first 26 of 26 sets and 94percent for the match.

Let’s hope yesterday took some juice out of them.

We need to complete at 85percent though.

Surely we can’t lose three in a row.

If we win this we keep our top two hopes alive... surely the boys will be up for it.

callmack1

Staff member
Really looking forward to this as I think it'll be a great game! The two best attacking sides in the comp going up against each other and it'll be a very interesting contest. The Raiders were outstanding against the Roosters yesterday and I expect them to be up for this one too so it's not gonna be an easy task at all with the way they're playing at the moment.

Hopefully we will get GI, AJ and Graham all back which will be a masive boost and the nine day turn around from the Broncos game should help with a few niggles for a few guys.

I also believe we will be wearing our special alternate/heritage jersey we wore in the Charity Shield which will be good to see again.

Top five victories in the ACT: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/19/top-five-victories-in-the-act/

Travitoh

First Grade
Canberra beating Easts yesterday should only be a good thing imo. It should eliminate any chance of Souths taking them lightly.
A 9 day break vs 6 is a massive advantage, especially when troops are sore. Cook is due and being refreshed against a big Canberra pack, could make them look silly again.
I don't believe it will necessarily be a walkover but South Sydney's fitness should get the job done.

ThingFish

Juniors
Canberra beating Easts yesterday should only be a good thing imo. It should eliminate any chance of Souths taking them lightly.
A 9 day break vs 6 is a massive advantage, especially when troops are sore. Cook is due and being refreshed against a big Canberra pack, could make them look silly again.
I don't believe it will necessarily be a walkover but South Sydney's fitness should get the job done.
Another over due is Cody Walker. Has gone missing recently. Needs to return soon.

callmack1

Staff member
Well, it looks like GI will certainly be back this week! That is just fantastic news as we've misssed him so much and there's no doubting what he brings to our side. He looks lean, fit and fresh so I can't wait to see the big fella back out there!

Inglis confident of Canberra return: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/20/inglis-confident-of-canberra-return/

Inglis could return this weekend: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/20/inglis-feeling-fit-ahead-of-comeback/

Cook looking to bring back our 'brand of footy': https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/20/cook-looking-to-bring-back-our-brand-of-footy/

Haha, that interview with Cookie is pretty funny and unexpected with Reyno popping in there! :)

'We need to bring the right mentality' - Reynolds: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/20/we-need-to-bring-the-right-mentality-reynolds/

Walker focused on task ahead: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/20/walker-focused-on-task-ahead/

'I would love to represent both sides of my family' - Gagai's dilemma: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/20...oth-sides-of-my-family-gagais-tough-decision/

Rabbits20

Immortal
AJ and GI returning should see the left become a weapon again.
So Seibs insights one of them may is definitely back out of the three which I assume is GI.

Possibly a second will be back which I guess means they’re touch and go and one of them is out. So maybe Campbell is still another week away and AJ is touch and go.

Please no Kennar and Fui on that edge...

So if AJ and GI are back get rid of Kennar and Fui. Hunt right wing and Burns left wing....

Kennar is down on confidence..

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
So Seibs insights one of them may is definitely back out of the three which I assume is GI.

Possibly a second will be back which I guess means they’re touch and go and one of them is out. So maybe Campbell is still another week away and AJ is touch and go.

Please no Kennar and Fui on that edge...

So if AJ and GI are back get rid of Kennar and Fui. Hunt right wing and Burns left wing....

Kennar is down on confidence..
I don't know if people have inside info or not but there doesn't seem to be any confidence regarding AJ's return.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't know if people have inside info or not but there doesn't seem to be any confidence regarding AJ's return.
May be

GI
Graham
Burns
Gagai
Hunt

Burns and Hunt with a massive task on Lapana.

Fui may have to suffice on the bench this weekend.

callmack1

Staff member
I reckon we'll have all three of GI, AJ and Graham back, well at least I hope we do. I expect them to all be named but there is always the possibility they'll pull out before Saturday.

Murray relishing impact role: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/08/21/murray-relishing-impact-role/

My predicted Line Up for this week is,

1. Johnston
2. Graham
3. Inglis (C)
4. Gagai
5. Burns
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. T.Burgess
9. Cook
10. G.Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. S.Burgess

14. Hunt
15. Murray
16. Clark
17. Tatola

Over the last couple of weeks, Burns has been really, really good so I'd be rewarding him with the left wing starting spot for sure. I think he's been better than Hunt so that'll see Hunt drop to the bench I reckon.

Guess we'll find out soonish.

Travitoh

First Grade
If it were up to me, I'd play Gagai on the wing and keep Burns at centre. I still believe kick returns are one of Gagai's strengths and it was on display last week. While on the other hand, Burns has history struggling with recieving kicks but has played his best first grade footy at centre.

If it were up to me, I'd play Gagai on the wing and keep Burns at centre. I still believe kick returns are one of Gagai's strengths and it was on display last week. While on the other hand, Burns has history struggling with recieving kicks but has played his best first grade footy at centre.

I agree with this.

Burns looks every bit a first grade centre in the making.

Sure, he may have cost us a try last Thursday by not passing at one stage but I expect that his passing game will improve as part of his progression. People tend to forget that it was he who made that flick pass against the Roosters which led to the Hunt try. Last year he was a skinny kid playing out on the wing. This year, he's certainly put on some muscle and he still has some pace and footwork to boot. A couple of times there last week I was surprised he didn't break the line. If he can add a pass to his arsenal as well, he will be a handful.

If we can turn him into a strike centre it allows us to shuffle Gagai out to the wing and our backline looks 1000 x better on that right hand side.

The only problem we then have is that we have too many wingers. Between Graham, Jennings and Gagai.

Travitoh

First Grade
The only problem we then have is that we have too many wingers. Between Graham, Jennings and Gagai.

I like Graham but i feel he is a liability against cross field kicks. For every one that he comes in and takes thanks to his height advantage, there will be another that he completely misjudges and goes over his head. I can recall Parra exploiting this in rd 15 and there have been others.
A very good option to have as the next in line but for mine he is third of the three mentioned.

southsport

First Grade
1. Alex Johnston

2. Campbell Graham

3. Greg Inglis

4. Dane Gagai

5. Hymel Hunt

6. Cody Walker

7. Adam Reynolds

8. Thomas Burgess

9. Damien Cook

10. George Burgess