What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Dragons

Panther Pete

Juniors
Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to tackle St George-Illawarra Dragons at WIN Stadium on Thursday night. In his 250th first-grade game as coach, Cleary welcomes back Isaac John in the halves alongside Jamie Soward. Hooker Api Koroisau retains his starting spot while Sika Manu and Waqa Blake have been added to an extended bench.

1. Will SMITH
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Lewis BROWN
4. Isaah YEO
5. David SIMMONS
6. Isaac JOHN
7. Jamie SOWARD
8. Sam McKENDRY
9. Api KOROISAU
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
12. Tyrone PEACHEY
13. Elijah TAYLOR ©

INTERCHANGE
14. James SEGEYARO
15. Jeremy LATIMORE
16. Leilani LATU
17. Tupou SOPOAGA
18. Waqa BLAKE
19. Sika MANU

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
I think it would have been better to keep Peachey in the halves. He added some spark last week that we have been missing for awhile.

mxlegend99

Referee
how we feeling lads? confident or normal service to resume this season?
If John plays I think our attack goes back to shit. If we have Cartwright and/or Peachey covering 5/8th then we might be a slim chance at a win.

Hopefully we get Moylan as a late inclusion aswell. Doubt he would be terrific in his first game back. But i think our wingers might get a bit better ball if he plays.

Sime_11

Juniors
will they risk Moylan for 3 games (if he a late inclusion this season), if they do, id like to see him at 6 partnering Sowie, just to test the waters :p

ACTPanthers

Bench
No use risking Moyza for the last couple - The season is over and if it was up to me (and there was no 2nd tier cap) I'd rest 90% of the team to make sure there are no more injuries.

On this game, Dragons will be aiming up after the loss to the Donkeys - I can see us losing this and losing it well (I was waaaayyy wrong last week on my prediction so hoping for the same this week) :)

Moylan I think will be back next week. Rather than Thursday he gets an extra 10 or so days to recover. Cleary said he'd like him back for the extra game for confidence before the seasons end. The long turnaround suggests he will return next round

ACTPanthers

Bench
Moylan I think will be back next week. Rather than Thursday he gets an extra 10 or so days to recover. Cleary said he'd like him back for the extra game for confidence before the seasons end. The long turnaround suggests he will return next round

I don't understand that at all - Confidence going into pre-season? The season is over, no hope of finals, why would you risk one of our best for 2 games of "confidence" then not play for 4 months?

roofromoz

First Grade
I don't understand that at all - Confidence going into pre-season? The season is over, no hope of finals, why would you risk one of our best for 2 games of "confidence" then not play for 4 months?

Maybe to get some match conditioning on the ankle before the off-season?

maple_69

Bench
Gennings should be back soon as well. I don't think you can drop Simmons at the moment though but he'll be handy for the NSW Cup finals campaign.

TheFrog

Coach
The Limmo has a chance of reaching 200 games if he plays all the remaining games. Hope he can stay healthy.

For a footballer so often regarded as a depth player, this is a remarkable effort.

soc123_au

Staff member
The Limmo deserves to crack 200 games. I so hope he goes around again next year. I think he has played one bad game in the past 6 years. The man is as reliable as the tax office.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Maybe to get some match conditioning on the ankle before the off-season?

Doesn't make sense to me to include him for nothing games, risking re-injuring the ankle, so he's "conditioned" for an off-season... Any fitness he gains from playing in 2 games at the end of a season will be lost before the pre-season training starts IMO - There is no upside

soc123_au

Staff member
If he gets a run in the 6 there is an upside. A little taste of the halves leading into the off season can't be a bad thing.