What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs Bulldogs Discussion + Voting

THE CHAMP

First Grade
No excuses in this one.
Expecting plenty of points and our halves to continue their improvement.
Our pack needs to run them off their feet. Keep the ball in play as much as possible because they will find touch plenty of times

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Why doesn't Roberts play on the left? All your attack is out that side and he would be a weapon running of Milford

Bronco18

Juniors
Why doesn't Roberts play on the left? All your attack is out that side and he would be a weapon running of Milford
I think the thought process is if the defence bunches up on Milford and Oates on one side, Hunt and Roberts will have more space on the other.

While Roberts hasn't been looking for the ball as much as I'd like (we were spoilt with Hodges here who in many ways was the gold standard here), I think his form has been largely due to Hunt's problems.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
If you want to go deep in the finals you need to have strike on both sides. Plus Roberts has a step and fend more suitable for the right side.

Maroon4life

Juniors
This game is won and lost in the middle, forwards need to really stand up for this one otherwise were in for a loss.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Is he good enough to keep Kahu out of the side?

He had one good game dude, Kahu needs game time leading into the finals, merkin just better not get injured again.

Play Kahu in the centres. He's a better centre than a winger in my view anyway.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Who are you dropping? Opacic? I'm inclined to leave him there, he's getting consistency and building up partnerships.

3 weeks out from finals we need to stability, Pearson had a good game but he's one bad game away from being savaged by all and sundry. Kahu comming back is a ready made addition.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Who are you dropping? Opacic? I'm inclined to leave him there, he's getting consistency and building up partnerships.

3 weeks out from finals we need to stability, Pearson had a good game but he's one bad game away from being savaged by all and sundry. Kahu comming back is a ready made addition.

Correct, Opacic out. He's okay but I'd prefer Kahu there. We need wingers like Pearson in the side. As it is we have Roberts doing nothing out there!

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I actually prefer Kahu on the wing. He is safe under the high ball and finishes well. Plus he is less prone to injury out there.

Pearson will get his chance again if he is willing to be patient. At the very least he has now put himself further up the pecking order.

As much as we'd all like to see Pearson go around again I can't help but feel that Bennett has made the right call for now.

Dazzat

First Grade
Put a player where his strengths will be used. Kahu is amazing under the high ball and a great finisher - wing is his best spot.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Have we ever been f**ked harder by the refs than this game?
02 prelim vs roosters is the only one I can think of.

Last edited:

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Blair
Thaiday
McCullough

Loved the aggression late in the game.
Kasiano is the most gutless player in the comp.

Nerd

Bench
Pretty poor form by Kasiano. Surely there's a few weeks off for him. Great game by the forwards led by Thaiday. That last couple of minutes was awesome by our forwards. The Dogs got bashed tonight and it was only some suspect calls by the refs that kept them in the contest.

3. Thaiday
2. Blair
1. McGuire

Maroon4life

Juniors
Have to say i think we were all over them. Ref's kep tthem in the game to be honest. We were far more dominant than the scoreline suggests.

Bit pissed off about the dummy half service in the last 10 though, that comes down to someone leading the ship, reinforcing whats required from the boys towards the end.

3. Hunt (thought he was tremendous tonight)
2. Blair
1. Kahu