What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs. Cronulla Sharks Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
Cronulla Sharks vs. Brisbane Broncos
Suncorp Stadium, Saturday 28 August 2021
Kick Off: 5:30pm

CRONULLA-2021.png

1. Will Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Connor Tracey 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Mawene Hiroti 6. Luke Metcalf 7. Braydon Trindall 8. Toby Rudolf 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Aaron Woods 11. Briton Nikora 12. Siosifa Talakai 13. Jack Williams

Interchange: 14. Matt Moylan 15. Braden Hamlin-Uele 16. Aiden Tolman 17. Teig Wilton

Interchange: 18. Kai O'Donnell 19. Billy Magoulias 20. Jenson Taumoepeau 21. Joniah Lualua

BRISBANE-2021.png

1. Tesi Niu 2. Corey Oates 3. Selwyn Cobbo 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Xavier Coates 6. Anthony Milford 7. Albert Kelly 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Jake Turpin 10. Payne Haas 11. Alex Glenn 12. Jordan Riki 13. Kobe Hetherington

Interchange: 14. Danny Levi 15. Rhys Kennedy 16. Ethan Bullemor 17. TC Robati

Reserves: 18. David Mead 19. Brendan Piakura 20. Cory Paix 21. Brodie Croft​

Big Pete

Referee
Riki in some doubt after he rolled his ankle at training. TC Robati will replace him in the starting team with Piakura to debut if Riki is rested from the game.

Tough game to pick, the last game felt like it could have gone either way but it changed after Gamble dislodged the ball from Ramien's possession. Both team have lost some very influential players from that game - Staggs and Gamble for the Broncos and Mulitalo & Johnson from the Sharks. Cronulla do have more to play for as a win would see them return to the Top 8 so they're not going to go away.

For Brisbane hopefully the forwards can lay a strong platform and allow Milford to create some space for Cobbo & Coates. I think if the Broncos have some success it will be down that right edge of the Sharks.

Nerd

Bench
The boys are showing a lot more grit and I'm looking forward to next year. Swapping Glenn for Capewell will be great and I would like to apologise now to Souths fans for what they are to receive next season from Milford. Can't wait to have an experienced head like Reynolds steering the ship and supplying a proper kicking game instead of the bomb and hope trash we see at the moment. If Staggs can stay on the field all year I reckon we can get into the 8 but probably need another season for the young guys to get their footy smarts together.