What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs. Dragons - Discussion + Voting

renouf

Juniors
Team to play the Dragons in Wollongong, Friday at 7.30pm:
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer ©
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. David Taylor
11. Tonie Carroll
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker
Reserves:
14. Lagi Setu
15. Ben Teo
16. Josh McGuire
17. Ashton Sims

Alex Glenn in some doubt, but is still expected to play.

Last edited:

renouf

Juniors
I doubt it.. I wouldn't rush him back for this game anyway, we have more chance of beating the cowboys next week IMO.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fair enough, I still feel that we cannot lose a game if we are to make the finals. If we come 7th we are a chance, 8th not so much. 7th against the Dogs, we are a chance at full strength

lockyno1

Post Whore
Problem is with our F/A caused by Michaels being so rubbish and letting in 100 tries we need to be 2 ahead of the rest. I agree 6th would be good but for some reason I have zero confidence in beating the Titans at Skilled, Dogs at ANZ would suit us more.

renouf

Juniors
Referees: Shayne Hayne & Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall & Russell Turner

Nice.. Hayne usually gives us a fair go.

beads6

First Grade
Broncos by 16.... Dave Taylor MOM. Sims to do a turd on Sowards face!!! Sailor to get knocked out and Creagh and Poore to run away from Hodges and Thaiday

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Broncos by 16.... Dave Taylor MOM. Sims to do a turd on Sowards face!!! Sailor to get knocked out and Creagh and Poore to run away from Hodges and Thaiday

I'm hoping mostly for your predictions 1, 2 and 5 to come true. Sailor is a pretty funny bloke tbh and I'm not sure I would like to see Sims doing a turd :crazy:

I was really hoping Clinton would be back for the game. Would allow Taylor and Thaiday more time to wreak havoc on the edges.

jondy

Juniors
The tide may turn ...surely the Broncos are due.... after all 8 successive losses to the dragons is a bit much . I reckon your a big chance

Dazzat

First Grade
Alex Glenn in doubt ... Steve Michaels must be champing at the bit. Could be a chance for a reprieve after only one week in Qld Cup.

Bayside Bronco

Juniors
Have to say I don't fancy our chances much. But if we can attack like we did in the second half Sunday we'll be hard to stop! Might sneak a high scoring game by 1-12 if the winds blowing in the right direction.

renouf

Juniors
We weren't that far off when we played them earlier in the season.. Hunt was playing with the flu and missed some shocking tackles and we were duded a certain try in the first half, so I give us a really good chance of beating them.

Forget about that bullsh*t a few weeks ago against Canberra, we're a different team (as we saw on Sunday) with our key players on the field.

JW

Coach
I reckon we'll compete well at times but I doubt we'll be able to frustrate them enough for the full 80 to snatch a win. We've carried some fundamental problems in our game all season and I don't think one brilliant half of football is enough of an improvement to get on top of the Dragons. Other teams, perhaps, but not the comp leaders.

Hopefully they'll have an off night and we can get in their faces.

Big Pete

Referee
Even at the best of times I'm never confident about facing the Dragons. I'm just hoping the boys put in a good showing and make us proud.

renouf

Juniors
If it's a fast game it'll suit us more then them, but if they play it tight and slow around the ruck, we'll struggle because they'll slow our play the balls down. That's exactly what they did earlier in the season.. and Brisbane just didn't compete.

Soward's kicking game that night was spot on, every kick had Hunt coming off his try line and we struggled for field position.