What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs Knights Discussion + Voting

Snappy

Coach
Hodgo is ok. Coach said that the doctor is not concerned....it is a spasm.

This.

I heard a radio interview with Hook on my way home from the pub. He said that Hodgo just said that it tightened up a bit, and as a precaution he came straight off. Doctors were not concerned.

Really you could see the way he came off that it wasnt very bad. But the tv commentators were carrying on saying he could be gone for the season. What knob heads.

Mr Saab

Referee
Really you could see the way he came off that it wasnt very bad. But the tv commentators were carrying on saying he could be gone for the season. What knob heads.

Daley and Alexander should know better....but then they need to make it dramatic. Pearce and Freeman were not much better

IBA

Juniors
Great game defensively minus that one poor read from the scrum... Though Wallace's defence was fantastic and solid in attack. McGuire is gonig from strength to strength at the moment and is almost the stand out prop of the competition of the last few weeks. Anderson wasn't too bad either. Glenn also defended well, as did Macca. Reed had some fantastic moments in defence as well. Really wish we could have capitalized on a few more attacking moments but it certainly looked greasy out there. Mature game from Thaiday, liking the idea of him playing like that as captain. Yow Yeh and Hoffman went well.

3. McGuire
2. Thaiday
1. Parker

I actaully didn't mind Glenn and Teo in the centers so if Hodges misses any, hopefully they can do a job in there

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah it was even on sbs here in Sydney. About the "win coming at a price" with hodgo injuring his hammy. Very obvious precaution. I would love to see him rest it for the week, but who will cover inglis???

Broncos win next two manly lose next two we get our 2d spot. Which probably means nth qld or dragons -easy wins I rkn

AuDragon

Juniors
Good win tonight for sure, and although I got really angry at the display in the last 20 minutes of the first half, showing a total disrespect for the footy and opponent, I like how we defended well, practically eliminating their strongest weapon (combo Mullen, Houston, Mad Dog and Uate) except for that absolute brain snap with the scrum against 12 men.

Except for those 20 minutes where the team collectively and individually failed in attack, we were totally in control.

Wallace was maginificent guiding the team around and in defense too, increasingly taking the reigns and allowing Locky to choose his moments.

Excellent work by McGuire and Anderson, as well as the usual suspects in Parker, Thaiday, Gillett, Te'o and a much improved Glenn, laying the platform for the backs to finish it off. Special mention to Macca and Hunt, who both did a terrific job, especially that desperation tackle by Macca, holding Gidley up on the try line. More minutes also to Hala, who came up with a beauty of a bell ringer on Stig (who was giving me the sh!ts with all the inocuous stepping).

In the backs, the usual suspects as well... Reed excellent, Hoffman threatening, Yow Yeh aiming up in defense and a real headache in attack. His intercept was a beauty of a defensive play that he turned into a try for us, and then and there decided the game!

Beale was solid, Hodgo very good until the hammy, but good news from Hook in the post-match presser, explaining they don't think it's a tear, just spasms of a tight hammy. Hodgo walked off the field by himself, which is very encouraging too, so fingers crossed! :pray:

3- Wallace
2- McGuire
1- Thaiday

Big Pete

Referee
I'm going to save my votes until I catch a replay but just wanted to throw this out there, who else thinks McGuire has made a huge change to our forward pack since starting? I reckon he's really setting up a good platform which the likes of Anderson and co. are really appreciating and they've improved as a result.

If Hannant comes back, who would oppose McGuire starting?

The Crane

Juniors
My points:
3 - Glenn - He stepped up in attack last night, which is good to see.
1 - Parker - Was everywhere
1 - McCullough - Is playing a mature game now
1 - Hoffman - It seems no one can tackle him at the moment. He is safe under the bombs too!

busterc

Juniors

I dont mind if he starts or not. A love the front row rotation of Hannant, Mcguire, Anderson. It does seem that he is getting better and better with every extra minute he gets. He goes at the same intensity all game. Have to be the most improved player at the club this year especially considering the eye injury.

00digger00

Juniors
Josh is going great guns up the front. Not sure how minutes he is playing but it seems like he is out there for a fair chunk of the game. Big advantage if you can get the pigs to play a full half! I thought Thaiday went really good as well. There were a few sets where he had 2 hit ups. Great way to lead from the front sammy.

Snappy

Coach
I'm going to save my votes until I catch a replay but just wanted to throw this out there, who else thinks McGuire has made a huge change to our forward pack since starting? I reckon he's really setting up a good platform which the likes of Anderson and co. are really appreciating and they've improved as a result.

Ive been thinking the same thing. Its a tough one. He sure has taken his game up a level in recent weeks, and we realled missed him when he was off the field last night.

If you want our two best props starting (when Hannant is back) then I think he should start. Imagine the roll on we could get if both Hannant and McGuire were on song in the early minutes.

However I believe Anderson would play better starting the game than if he came off the bench, whilst McGuire provides great impact from the bench.

Big Pete

Referee
I enjoy McGuire's approach, always goes hard and isn't afraid of getting physical. Once he fixes his hands and controls his aggression he could very well be a contender for Queensland.

buster, interesting question whether or not he's the most improved. He's definitely up there but he's got stiff competition from Jharal Yow Yeh (Inconsistent --> Test Player), Gerard Beale (Scapegoat ---> Test squad player) and Alex Glenn (Makeshift centre ---> captain material). Either way, there's a lot of positives to be taken out of 2011 as far as I'm concerned.

00digger00

Juniors
True, there are a lot of positives to take out of 2011, and we aint done yet! But I think 2012 will be a real big test for us.

Snappy

Coach
In other words, I dont know. I'd start him, but I think Hook will start Anderson and count on the impact of Josh from the bench.

Mr Fourex

Bench
What's the go with NRL.com ........been waiting since Tuesday to watch a replay of the Knights game from Monday night

Still nothing.......?