What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 - our last game of pain

Dragsters

First Grade
Bird has found his spot
Keep him at 13

That's where he shone in the under 20s all those years ago.

JDB is looking better up front each game.

This gives us 2 ball-playing forwards in the middle which I do like.

These 2 both played with no fear today, it almost looked like they were 100% fit and injury or niggle-free perhaps for the first time in a while.

Great to see them both rip and tear...

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
Great finish to the pretty disappointing season, shows what could have been. No better team other than maybe Cronulla to knock out of the finals.

I can only hope the club now doesn’t rush to extend Griffin because we won a few games.

I hope any decision to extend either Hunt or Griffin is deferred until the second half of 2023 so we can see what’s really going on. Should Des Hasler become available & be interested in us for 2024 that’s a no brainer for me.

Our pack will be without Sims & McGuire next year so I’m left with a feeling that we missed an opportunity to do something this year. Another wasted season of great potential in my opinion. I don’t see us doing anything special in 2023..

Gareth67

First Grade
Congratulations to the team for ending their season not only with a win, but also for knocking the Broncos out of finals contention.

Never watched the game , however the highlights showed that the Dragons have plenty of spark in attack to do better next year should everything click into gear for them - concentration for the entire game , less mistakes , the fostering of the juniors and lastly good coaching .

But back to the game , enjoy your drinks boys and come back next season full of spirit . 😇

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
One final thought as much as Ben Hunt has been criticised of late - myself included , he certainly showed his worth to the team today .

The Dragons were pumped up for a big one , perhaps as a goodbye to their fellow teammates who were leaving the club and therefore put their all into the game .

That helped Hunt weave the magic that he is capable of and played his best game of the season , if not for the entirety of his time with the Big Red V . Well done Benny .

Last edited:

RedVee_8

Juniors
I was hoping Sloan would have scored on his run. He did very well there.
I propose a nickname for him, after a past great of the St George area…
Muscles Sloan. That’s what I’m calling him anyway. :)

Latest posts