What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 - Roosters vs Rabbitohs: Friday 2nd September 7:55pm @Allianz Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Jason Demetriou Tests Positive for COVID-19: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/09/01/jason-demetriou-test-positive-for-covid-19/

This is a bit of a blow for sure, it's far from ideal. However, it's not the end of the world, I'd rather have a coach go down with it than a player and we should be right. Stick to the same processes, business as usual. Benny Hornby and Johnny Morris will do a great job in stepping up and our senior players will lead the way.

Ben Hornby Coaches Media Round 25: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/09/01/ben-hornby-coaches-media-round-25/

Captain's Run Gallery Round 25: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/09/01/captains-run-gallery-round-25/

Boys look set to go, doesn't look like we're resting anyone based on who's wearing what coloured shirt. Although, Chee-Kam is in red so I wonder if that indicates a slight change on the bench? Although, he is still pictured in the forwards huddle in that gallery so who knows?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Jason Demetriou Tests Positive for COVID-19: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/09/01/jason-demetriou-test-positive-for-covid-19/

This is a bit of a blow for sure, it's far from ideal. However, it's not the end of the world, I'd rather have a coach go down with it than a player and we should be right. Stick to the same processes, business as usual. Benny Hornby and Johnny Morris will do a great job in stepping up and our senior players will lead the way.

Ben Hornby Coaches Media Round 25: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/09/01/ben-hornby-coaches-media-round-25/

Captain's Run Gallery Round 25: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/09/01/captains-run-gallery-round-25/

Boys look set to go, doesn't look like we're resting anyone based on who's wearing what coloured shirt. Although, Chee-Kam is in red so I wonder if that indicates a slight change on the bench? Although, he is still pictured in the forwards huddle in that gallery so who knows?
Lets go mate START FIRING UP WE CAN DO IT!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well Game Day is just about upon us once more our last game of the regular season. We are playing our fierce arch rivals a team we all hate those filthy rotten scummy wankers from Bondi the Rorters! A rivalry based on animosity and pure hatred! And I think the animosity and hatred is as strong as ever. In the words of Callmack hate is not a word we use lightly but that’s exactly how we feel about these guys! It is gonna be massive too with it being the re opening of Allianz Stadium which was funded by the NSW taxpayer yet these pricks from Bondi claim it as theirs when it simply is not. I do not hear Parramatta Eels getting around carrying on and claiming BankWest as their own. We would all love nothing more than to knock a massive smile off these guys faces and ruin their opening parade! But as we know we are gonna be playing again the week after in the first week of finals. That is right it’ll be on two weeks in a row against the scum! All we are really playing for is home ground advantage. But there is never such a game as a dead rubber against these guys no such thing. I’m sure both sides will go hard at it. The most important thing is it to come out with no injuries or suspensions so we can’t have guys like Trell and Cody baited into doing something silly. I also feel like we shouldn’t play all our cards we need to keep a few things up our sleeve for the week after.

Looking at the teams well they have a few out as do we and some players minutes will be managed but they’re still strong line ups. Looking at the Rorters they have Teddy and Manu as enormous threats in the backs, quality halves in Keary and Walker and a strong pack with JWH the biggest grub in the game, Lodge, SST, Butcher, Angus and they have plenty of power off the bench. They are without Collins, Radley, Tupou and Suaali, I wish Suaali was playing but that coward has a sore shoulder no wonder with all those shoulder charges he’s been getting away with this year. For us we are without Cookie which is a massive blow, Campbell too a big blow and Hosty one of our long term injured guys as well as Izaac Thompson out too that’s a blow he’s a goodun. But for us we still have plenty of strike in Trell, AJ, Cody, Murray, Keaon, Arrow, Tom, Tatola etc..... it’ll also be great to see Mamozelos get some game time at hooker I’m sure he won’t let us down.

The Rorters have won 7 in a row and they’re starting games very fast in the middle by winning the forward battle early on and winning the collisions, so for us in that first 20-25mins we must match them with the same intensity as well, we must also show good line speed and wrestle in the ruck plus stand offside like they do we have to get a bit down and dirty (legally of course). Also stopping their offloads will be key limiting their second phase play. In defence we need to be fully alert as Teddy and Manu can make something out of nothing. Most of all our completion rates need to be good we can’t afford to make silly errors. In attack we must be patient and build pressure get repeat sets, get our kick chase on and make the Rorters have to work hard to get out of their own end.

I am sure for those going the atmosphere will be sensational. I’m sure our members and fans will outcheer and outchant those latte sipping wankers! So to everyone going all our members and fans bring the noise and come home with no voice. Lets turn it into a South Sydney home game.

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN ATKINS

HOW LONG CAN THEY HOLD ON FOR

HIGH ATKINS HIGH TACKLE PULL YOUR WHISTLE OUT OF YOUR ARSE

GET EM ONSIDE THEY ARE 3 METRES OFFSIDE BBBOOOOOOOOOO

FORWARD PASS BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO TOUCHIE DO YOUR JOB

COME 7:56PM TOMRROW EVERY RABBITOHS MEMBER AND FAN WHEREVER YOU ARE ON YOUR FEET LETS WEAR THE COLOURS PROUDLY CLAP YOUR HANDS RED RAW AND SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT! LETS GET THESE 2 POINTS AND BOOK OURSELVES IN FOR A HOME FINAL!! ITS COMING TOWARDS CRUNCH TIME AND I KNOW THE BOYS CAN DO IT LETS NOT GET OVERAWED BY THE OCCASION LETS BE CLINICAL AND WANT IT MORE THAN THEM! DO NOT BLINK FOR YOU DONT WANNA MISS IT LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!!! GLORY GLORY GO YOU GOOD THINGS LETS ALL HAVE FRIED CHICKEN FOR TEA TOMORROW NIGHT AT 10PM WITH ALL THE TRIMMINGS!!!

callmack1

Staff member
Not many better feelings than waking up on game day when you're playing the Roosters and well, that's what I just did. Game day is finally here!! We take on the arch-rivals tonight in a blockbuster match up at Allianz. This is not just any Regular Season game, the rivalry is big enough but through in the opening of a brand-new stadium, and you realise what a huge occasion this is tonight. It will be packed, and it'll just be a monumental occasion tonight, one of the biggest nights in the history of the club as we are hopefully going to call this place home in years to come too.

However, today is a big of a strange feeling because while we're playing our arch-rivals who we despise and opening a new stadium, so the occasion is big, the actual game itself doesn't matter. We're guaranteed to be playing them again in a knockout game next week so that's what really matters. This game is simply a dress rehearsal now. It's going to be interesting to see how both teams play it because we don't want to go all out and show our hand too early. In saying that, we always want to get one over this mob and it would secure us a home Final, so I'd still love to get the result. Also, we all know what dirty cheats they are so don't be surprised to see them try to take one of our players out through injury or suspension.

I always say it when it comes to talking about the Chooks that hate is a very strong word, one that I don't use super often. However, hate is simply not a strong enough word to describe how I feel, how I'm, sure our whole club feels, about these wankers from Bondi. It's hard to put into words but my blood just boils when I think about it. There's certainly no love lost right now, in fact, I don't think the animosity between our two clubs has ever been more intense than it is right now. When you consider everything that's happened between us in the past two years, the animosity has never been greater. 114 years of genuine hatred, animosity, jealousy and bitterness will come to the fore.

It's going to be a big challenge tonight because as much as it pains me to say it, the Roosters have been one of the form teams of the comp over the last six weeks and they have emerged as genuine Premiership contenders so tonight ain't gonna be easy. They have stars all over the park and will take a lot of confidence and arrogance into this one. However, in saying that, we should come into this one full of confidence too as we ourselves have emerged as Premiership contenders also. Tonight, is another great chance to make a statement and once again prove that heading into Finals. I know that if we play to our best, we'll be too good for the Roosters but that is the problem, we've found it hard to be at our absolute best lately. Gotta cut out the errors, keep that defence tight and stop the silly stuff, stop beating ourselves. I know that we can do this!!!

My blood is boiling! Hate these pricks, let's give it to em' and ruin their opening party, make it known that we're coming to Allianz, and it will be OUR home one day, not theirs! Now doubt another chapter of fury will be written in the Book of Feuds tonight. Beat them tonight but just keep in mind that next week is the important one. Let's goooooooo!!