What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 V Newcastle

betcats

Referee
Fans like you are the reason we've been so bad for most of our history.

We do not demand excellence enough and posts like this sum it up.

The people on here, like me, analysing Nathan's game have been highlighting things he needs to improve on for us to win a premiership. That should be the goal. His running game and effort has always been strong and he showed that today.

But then we have fans like you getting excited about winning a playoff for 10th against a team who clearly did not try today. It was one of the most diabolical defensive efforts I've ever seen.

They also went down to 12 men at one stage and played the whole second half with 15 fit blokes.

You really took that bait didn’t you.

Sorry 10Grand but you’re the reason we suck! It must’ve killed you knowing cleary would get completed on his record breaking performance.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
You really took that bait didn’t you.

Sorry 10Grand but you’re the reason we suck! It must’ve killed you knowing cleary would get completed on his record breaking performance.

No it kills me that 8 teams are preparing for finals tomorrow and we aren't one of them.

forby

Juniors

The people on here, like me, analysing Nathan's game have been highlighting things he needs to improve on for us to win a premiership. That should be the goal. His running game and effort has always been strong and he showed that today.

But then we have fans like you getting excited about winning a playoff for 10th against a team who clearly did not try today. It was one of the most diabolical defensive efforts I've ever seen.

They also went down to 12 men at one stage and played the whole second half with 15 fit blokes.
Smile! Be happy! We finish the season on a good note!
Why can’t we enjoy it without being told we are the reason that the club is a “failure”? Are Parra fans the reason for their lack of success for the past 30 years? Did the Roosters fans make them the powerful club they are today? That is rubbish talk. We could winge and moan all we want, but it won’t mean that we suddenly become the greatest club in the NRL!
Why must you always decry every achievement the team makes?
Sometimes like today it is just a day to relax and enjoy putting 54 points on another team, and seeing a record set by one of our own!

age.s

First Grade
What in f**ks name was that?

24 rounds of shambling about like drunks stumbling out of a pub, Vaseline hands and pea brained plays. Then that. Oh by the way guys we can put 50 on a team.

This team will be the death of me. f**king merkins they are.

mxlegend99

Referee

f**k you hate Nathan so much you cant even give him credit for setting a new record for the club.

Yet its fans like him that are the issue? A 21 year old who has lead us to 3 finals series, won 2 origin series and is now the point scoring record holder for us is the issue?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
f**k you hate Nathan so much you cant even give him credit for setting a new record for the club.

Yet its fans like him that are the issue? A 21 year old who has lead us to 3 finals series, won 2 origin series and is now the point scoring record holder for us is the issue?

I want a premiership. That's what I want.

I don't hate anyone.

I have posted parts of his game that are need to improve if he wants to be an elite NRL halfback.

But now I'm suddenly in the wrong and Cleary has silenced his critics because we smashed a team for 10th spot?

franklin2323

Immortal
Nah a good off season in the gym and that footwork will make him a nightmare as an edge forward. Bring him off the bench and let him attack some tired defenders.

His second try was great, the awareness he showed to back up on the inside in support was very good.

1st time I saw him he got 5 tries in NYC game. Often scores 2 tries a game in NSW Cup. That is the one thing from this train wreck year we blooded guys that should improve over the next few years

forby

Juniors
Panther Daz - We only miss the eight by one point, even with a horror season, terrible roster, worse coaching, and worst of all - poor fans!
Imagine if us fans got our act together!

franklin2323

Immortal

I don't hate anyone.

I have posted parts of his game that are need to improve if he wants to be an elite NRL halfback.

But now I'm suddenly in the wrong and Cleary has silenced his critics because we smashed a team for 10th spot?

It is hard to hate him. He is a nice guy but he has flaws that need to improve if we are to win th comp.

franklin2323

Immortal
Panther Daz - We only miss the eight by one point, even with a horror season, terrible roster, worse coaching, and worst of all - poor fans!

We have been saying it since 2014 waiting to take that next step

Panther_Daz

Staff member

We should've done better this season.

I truly hope fans react at the ballots and vote out O'Neill.

We can't get carried away by just missing the 8.

We went backwards in 2019 and O'Neill signing his mate instead of the calibre of coaches that were on offer were a big part of that.

mxlegend99

Referee

I don't hate anyone.

You hate Nathan. You're shit talking him no matter what he does.

You cant ever give him credit for good games. Instead you shit talk fans who praise him for good games.

He just did more in a game than any player in our entire history has done. But yeah f**k giving him credit for that. Points scoring records are broken frequently... and its notlike they become harder to break each time it happens.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
It is hard to hate him. He is a nice guy but he has flaws that need to improve if we are to win th comp.

Thank you, Franklin.

I don't hate anyone. I would like to stress that.

I want a premiership as much as everyone in here. Cleary is our halfback and most expensive player moving forward. We need improvement from him in some areas if we are to win a title.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
You hate Nathan. You're shit talking him no matter what he does.

You cant ever give him credit for good games. Instead you shit talk fans who praise him for good games.

He just did more in a game than any player in our entire history has done. But yeah f**k giving him credit for that. Points scoring records are broken frequently... and its notlike they become harder to break each time it happens.

If you honestly think that, put me on mute.

age.s

First Grade
I get where you're coming from Daz. But we just put 50 on a team, albeit a poor one. I have my reservations about the Clearys but they're here to stay for the next few years so the only hope we have is that they come good. Today showed us just a glimmer of hope in an ocean of darkness but you can't fault people for grabbing on to it.

OldPanther

Coach
We should've done better this season.

I truly hope fans react at the ballots and vote out O'Neill.

We can't get carried away by just missing the 8.

We went backwards in 2019 and O'Neill signing his mate instead of the calibre of coaches that were on offer were a big part of that.

I agree with you he has weaknesses but he has proven he is better for the team when the dominant half. Maloney literally did nothing today and let Cleary go and it proved wonders. He did the same against the Sharks and the Warriors in 2017. There is a good halfback in there. It's my belief we will see it next year but I am open to being wrong and will accept it If proven.

I really can’t agree with this. Nathan played a perfect game for a 7 today, there’s nothing wrong with him running, good halves run whether it’s a 7 or a 6. We just don’t create space for our backs that well, him running does not starve them of ball imo they saw plenty of it today. He displayed nice vision today and played what was in front of him and he kicked well. The team was organised and we looked dangerous albeit against a struggling side.

What I’m saying is, in the long run, passing is more important attribute for a 7 than running. He’s an excellent runner of the ball, but that skill is more suited somewhere else. You’re not going to get many opportunities to carve up a team by running the ball, good passing will break down a defence more often.

He has good vision for running through a gap, but when it comes to putting someone else through a gap he doesn’t.

He’s now twice finished a season with more tries than try assists, that’s unusual for a 7.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
What I’m saying is, in the long run, passing is more important attribute for a 7 than running. He’s an excellent runner of the ball, but that skill is more suited somewhere else. You’re not going to get many opportunities to carve up a team by running the ball, good passing will break down a defence more often.

This.

The tries we scored today up the middle were extremely soft. Roosters and Storm won't give that to us.

At the end of the day, these are the type of teams we need to beat to win a comp.

OldPanther

Coach

He has good vision for running through a gap, but when it comes to putting someone else through a gap he doesn’t.

He’s now twice finished a season with more tries than try assists, that’s unusual for a 7.

There isn't some set standard. As long as we win games and he delivers points is all that should matter. Also as I said earlier his running game will make his passing game more effective. It happened today. The defence has to stay in tight to cover the run which creates numbers. His running game makes him a better halfback.