What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Rabbitohs

azsportza

Live Update Team
Robbie Farah is back

Joel Luani returns to NSW Cup

Jesse Sue is sidelined for one week with injury

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Bodene Thompson
4. Tim Simona
5. Lote Tuqiri
6. Benji Marshall
7. Braith Anasta
8. Kieth Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
10. Adam Blair
11. Liam Fulton
12.Curtis Sironen
13. Ben Murdoch-Masila

Interchange:
14. Ava Seumanufagai
15. Jack Buchanan
16. Shaun Spence
17. Matt Bell

Holden Cup

Mitchell Moses is out for the season and finals with a leg injury

Matt Mulcahy and Luke Brooks will control the halves

1. Kurtis Rowe
2. Delouise Hoeter
3. Nathan Milone
4. Manaia Rudolph
5. Leva Li
6. Matt Mulcahy
7. Luke Brooks
8. Andy Fiagatusa
9. Manaia Cherrington
10. Nathan Brown
11. Kyle Lovett ©
12. Brenden Santi
13. Fosio Tatola

INTERCHANGE
14. Dallas Graham
15. Andrew Kazzi
16. Jake Dooner
18. Salesi Funaki
19. Shane Lalogafau
20. James Luff

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I like the starting backrow. I think lock might suit BMM - he can belt it up the middle and get a little wider and run of Sirro as well.

Spewing Moses is out.

BrotherJim05

Bench
This is Blair's opportunity to really step up. He was rated as "the worst buy ever" after the last South's game so I hope he plays like he has something to prove.

I think we can give them a good run for their money for the first 30 mins or so but without the structure that Brooks provided against the dragons I just don't think we will be able to put points on the board.

I'm just glad to see BMM and Siro get a starting spot in the back row. These two are the future of our back row.

Don't know about winning it, Matchball but certainly agree that Marshall should be a lot wider: I'd prefer
1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Benji Marshall
4. Tim Simona
5. Lote Tuqiri
6. Curtis Sironen
7. Braith Anasta
8. Kieth Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
10. Adam Blair
11. Liam Fulton
12.Ava Seumanufagai
13. Ben Murdoch-Masila

Interchange:
14. Bodene Thompson
15. Jack Buchanan
16. Shaun Spence
17. Matt Bell

ucantseeme

Juniors
The coach should be smart enough to ask Benji to do exactly what he did against the Dragons. Run at gaps, step, run hard and take the hit up. So no kicking for touch or anything complicated for Benji like that.

I don't know about winning but at least keep it close.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Benji got a lot of great publicity after the last game and after copping flack for his form all year.

Given he loves the publicity, one would hope he sticks with the running game.

I'd sure as hell hope that he wants to put in a cracker for his 200th.

macnaz

Staff member
He has carved the bunnies up before , hope he can do it one more time :)

super_coach

First Grade
after beating a hapless dragons outfit people seem to be optimistic of a good result. I see it a little like the chooks game,we will hold our own for a while if we get a fair share of the ball,than the flood gates will open. Our kids will have a crack but at the end of the day Souths are to big,to strong and to fast. It will not be a flogging but Souths will win by a good margin probably about 24 points!!!

Big man

Juniors
after beating a hapless dragons outfit people seem to be optimistic of a good result. I see it a little like the chooks game,we will hold our own for a while if we get a fair share of the ball,than the flood gates will open. Our kids will have a crack but at the end of the day Souths are to big,to strong and to fast. It will not be a flogging but Souths will win by a good margin probably about 24 points!!!

It's forecasted to rain on Friday which should prevent a blowout score. I think Souths will rest Inglis for this game which will give the tigers a reprieve for this game.

BrotherJim05

Bench
It's forecasted to rain on Friday which should prevent a blowout score. I think Souths will rest Inglis for this game which will give the tigers a reprieve for this game.

Interesting point. I don't see why they would play Inglis, especially when they have the Chooks week after.

I really like that Potter is giving everyone a crack in different spots. You can see that he is already planning for next year. I wouldn't be surprised if BMM gets a starting spot in the backrow for 2014. His form has taken a massive leap forward.

Billythekid

First Grade
I don't mind that team. I think you're squad is actually looking good for next year (when you aren't suffering a million injuries :p).

Not sure about the bench this week though. Not a big fan of Spence, Buchanan or Bell i don't think they add much oomph off the bench.

Yep was thinking the same,15,16,17 are plodders that provide little impact,although i really like the back row.BMM has the potential to be the most devastating ball running forward in the NRL.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't mind that team. I think you're squad is actually looking good for next year (when you aren't suffering a million injuries :p).

Not sure about the bench this week though. Not a big fan of Spence, Buchanan or Bell i don't think they add much oomph off the bench.

None of those 3 will be in a full strength 17 in 2014. The front row rotation will be woods, Galloway, Taupau and probably Blair. Ava or Nathan brown will be ahead of Buchanan IMO who after a good start to 2013 really tapered off.

Latest posts