What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs Bunnies (Goodbye Corey)

Dragsters

First Grade
He tried to sign Israel Folou, he wanted to make JDB captain, he wanted to extend Corey Normans contract, he selected Norman all season even though his form was horrible.
He failed to get the team up for games, last night they looked disinterested.
Their defence was horrible, by the end of the season it was comical.
That’s the negatives, the headscratchers.

He’ll get a better roster next year and gets a fresh start, I will be positive and ready to go by next season but right now I am bitterly disappointed with how the season has finished.
Let’s hope that 2022 we are praising Hook not criticising him.
Chat cricket soon mate, Ashes year!

Whist I wasn't expecting miracles, it was a very disappointing season in many respects and coaching was indeed one of them.

Griffin has a full off-season and next season with some new recruits and a bunch of promising youngsters to improve our lot and prove his with worth.

Twelve months on though, I can't help but wonder where would be if we had indeed courted and signed Shaun Wane this time last year?

We will never know the answer but can only hope things improve dramatically under the current coaching regime...

Old Timer

Coach
He tried to sign Israel Folou, he wanted to make JDB captain, he wanted to extend Corey Normans contract, he selected Norman all season even though his form was horrible.
He failed to get the team up for games, last night they looked disinterested.
Their defence was horrible, by the end of the season it was comical.
That’s the negatives, the headscratchers.

He’ll get a better roster next year and gets a fresh start, I will be positive and ready to go by next season but right now I am bitterly disappointed with how the season has finished.
Let’s hope that 2022 we are praising Hook not criticising him.
Chat cricket soon mate, Ashes year!
Yes cricket season and discussions on Langer, Usman etc I can’t wait.

Just before we finish on footy I keep seeing things re Hook wanting to make JDB captain and extend Norman is that indelible and available to read or watch ad I would like to understand it in context.

The IF issue is interesting and by taking all emotion out if it and looking at it from a strictly footy point of view I fully understood his position and don’t forget the manipulation of the NRL for it to be run up the flag pole.

If you want to look at in from a proactive view it is obvious that Hook can attract far better players than Mc Fookknuckle ever could and that is why Hook inherited a shipwreck but has been able to patch some of holes in the hull

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Before we end this discussion on this game, it should be pointed out that there was 2 players, who I believe, turned in herculian performances.

1. JDB -
80 mins
12 runs 114 metres
46 pcm
1 try assist
1 line break assist
59 tackles 0 misses
0 errors

2. Bud Sullian
55 mins at hooker
3 runs 33 metres
13 pcm
50 tackles 2 misses
0 errors

Congratulations to both of them. Outstanding!

Crush

Coach
Yes cricket season and discussions on Langer, Usman etc I can’t wait.

Just before we finish on footy I keep seeing things re Hook wanting to make JDB captain and extend Norman is that indelible and available to read or watch ad I would like to understand it in context.

The IF issue is interesting and by taking all emotion out if it and looking at it from a strictly footy point of view I fully understood his position and don’t forget the manipulation of the NRL for it to be run up the flag pole.

If you want to look at in from a proactive view it is obvious that Hook can attract far better players than Mc Fookknuckle ever could and that is why Hook inherited a shipwreck but has been able to patch some of holes in the hull
Hopefully Uzzy has a big season for the Thunder, he won’t be getting any call ups for Australia, not one of “the boys”.
If anyone even mentions Burns name for the Australian teams I will lose my shit.
Langer (your mate) under a bit of pressure this year, it seems some of the senior players are a bit tired of his “passion”

Old Timer

Coach
Hopefully Uzzy has a big season for the Thunder, he won’t be getting any call ups for Australia, not one of “the boys”.
If anyone even mentions Burns name for the Australian teams I will lose my shit.
Langer (your mate) under a bit of pressure this year, it seems some of the senior players are a bit tired of his “passion”
It will be interesting to see who are the openers in running for a spot keeping in mind Warner is no longer a youngster either.

Hopefully we have a good calendar organised with plenty of Shield cricket with a full compliment of players.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Before we end this discussion on this game, it should be pointed out that there was 2 players, who I believe, turned in herculian performances.

1. JDB -
80 mins
12 runs 114 metres
46 pcm
1 try assist
1 line break assist
59 tackles 0 misses
0 errors

2. Bud Sullian
55 mins at hooker
3 runs 33 metres
13 pcm
50 tackles 2 misses
0 errors

Congratulations to both of them. Outstanding!
They were awesome Sloan too had pretty good stats.
Blake Taafe
TA 1
ARM 105
PCM 19
TB 1
TK 3
MTK 2
1v1 Tk 1
Error 1

Sloan
T 2
TA 0
ARM 158 m
PCM 30
LB 1
TB 5
TK 13
MTK 1
1 v 1 TK 2
Error 1

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I watched the Test on Amazon, he looks a pain in the arse I’d hate to be coached by him. Cricket is probably better with a more technical coach like Buchanan was imo.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just watching the Tigers v Bulldogs game. The Bulldogs are keeping the Tigers scoreless. Even though they have the spoon, they will win their last game and there are smiles all round. They also will be looking at a new season with greater players in their squad. Winning changes your outlook. Hopefully our guys' outlook will be positive for next year.

Illusion

Bench
Just watching the Tigers v Bulldogs game. The Bulldogs are keeping the Tigers scoreless. Even though they have the spoon, they will win their last game and there are smiles all round. They also will be looking at a new season with greater players in their squad. Winning changes your outlook. Hopefully our guys' outlook will be positive for next year.
David seasons end we ended up being IMO the worst team ( maybe Tigers on par ) .......

Dragon David

First Grade
David seasons end we ended up being IMO the worst team ( maybe Tigers on par ) .......
Well Illusion I agree. In the last 8 games of the comp we were the worst team. We lost all of our games as you know and the other bottom 8 teams had wins in their final 8 games.

We were indeed a sorry lot. If anyone started to watch the sport from round 18, they would have thought that we were the wooden spooners.

No, it isn't an illusion it's a fact!

Has it been mentioned that we gifted the Rabbits their first four tries with shocking handling by our centre pair and rava. The beast was also out of position for one try. Far too many fundamental errors spoil all the good stuff. Pretty much the story of our season. One try shud also have been disallowed as the Bunny clearly pushed Feagai into Sloan as he tried to settle under the bomb. Bunker and refs musta been blind. There was again some brilliant vision by Amone onto JDB for Sloan to sprint for a try. Or was it a set play. Still great to see from such a young pair.
What did we rate Norman's final game.. I am giving him 7.. did some good things.

Last edited: