What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs. Newcastle Knights Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane Broncos vs. Newcastle Knights
Suncorp Stadium, Saturday 4 September 2021
Kick Off: 5:30pm

BRISBANE-2021.png

1. Tesi Niu 2. Corey Oates 3. Selwyn Cobbo 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Xavier Coates 6. Anthony Milford 7. Albert Kelly 8. Ethan Bullemor 9. Jake Turpin 10. Payne Haas 11. Alex Glenn 12. Jordan Riki 13. Kobe Hetherington

Interchange: 14. Cory Paix 15. David Mead 16. Rhys Kennedy 17. TC Robati

Reserves:
18. Danny Levi 19. Brodie Croft 20. Jesse Arthars 21. Jamayne Isaako

NEWCASTLE-2021.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Enari Tuala 3. Kurt Mann 4. Bradman Best 5. Starford To'a 6. Jake Clifford 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Chris Randall 10. Sauaso Sue 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Brodie Jones 13. Connor Watson

Interchange:
14. Phoenix Crossland 15. Jirah Momoisea 16. Josh King 17. Jack Johns

Reserves: 18. Dominic Young 19. Pasami Saulo 20. Tex Hoy 21. Simi Sasagi

DeeJ

Bench
Interesting to go with a light bench. I think Bullemor might find it a bit harder than usual.

Big Pete

Referee
It really highlights the Broncos depth and just how light they are now that Lodge, Pangai, Carrigan, Flegler, Palasia, Asiata, Te'o, Piakura, Willison etc. are unavailable. I think the only option they could have gone with is Bayliss-Brow who I expected to be named at least as a reserve. I'm not sure if that's COVID related since Bayliss-Brow is currently playing QCup and is outside of the bubble.

Either way it's the final game of the season. We're finally here at the end of another forgettable year for the Broncos and they have the opportunity to farewell a few players with style. It'll be Alex Glenn's final game of his NRL career and Anthony Milford, Xavier Coates, Danny Levi and potentially Brodie Croft will join him in farewelling the club.

It's a shame that Lexi's career ended on such a sombre note. I remember the first game of NRL he played in where he wore these bright neon orange boots and making these big busts on the edges. There was always something about Lexi and while he never became a superstar of the game he became a great club man and was always a fantastic ambassador off the field. I really hope he can end his time on a high and it will really be an end of an era with the retirement of the club's inaugural NYC captain.

It appears Newcastle won't be rolling over either and will be looking to get a decent hit out heading into finals. Only one player will be rested in the form of Tyson Frizell with Jack Johns coming into the 17. I think if Brisbane can complete their sets and not give them as much possession as last time they could really cause an upset but it does appear to be Newcastle's game on paper.

Reactions: gUt

blaza88z

Coach
Happy for Glenn, probably not the best year of his career but he certainly made the right the call and got to go out as a winner in a team that hasn't won that many games this year.