What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 vs. Sea Eagles Discussion + Voting

Mr Fourex

Bench
Watching the replay of the tackle, I don't know if it is so bad. His hands come off him at the top of the tackle and there is no downward driving. He hasn't been to the judiciary since 2007 either. It looked bad but I don't know it kind of seems like it ended worse than it was, if that makes any sense...

The MRC is a f*cken lottery........who knows what they'll come back with.

I hope 1 week.........2 weeks I can understand. It won't surprise me if they come back with more.

Does he have any loading/carry over points?

re: the game

Shattered at losing Hoffman..........

Defence looked soft again.

Attack I'm still at odds with. Even though Wallace put a couple of nice kicks up, on the whole he is far too tentative when he does kick. The first one @ around the 7 min mark was a shocker.

McCullough looked great and McGuire is still making every post a winner.

As for the teams performance.........Mehh

We will need to be a lot better against the Warriors.........

3. McCullough
2. McGuire
1. Beale

AuDragon

Juniors
Can't say much about the game without seeing it again on TV.

Live at the game, my impression was that we thoroughly dominated Manly, despite our attack being flat, except for the first 10 minutes of the second half.
Were it not for shit ref decisions, allowing Manly players to fall asleep on top of the tackled player, the 50/50 against us in the Anderson knock on, the shocking fwd pass leading up to Tony Williams try and Parker's wayward kicking (worries me for the finals), we would've put 30 on the scum.

Too bad Hoffman's injury and Thaiday's dodgy tackle soured an otherwise perfect day.
Beating the silvertails, walking on that hallowed turf (man, that grass is soft), farewelling Locky and witnessing him receiving those well-deserved accolades, before leaving the stadium through the gold posts, was an unforgettable experience!

3- McGuire
2- McCullough
1- Lockyer

Big Pete

Referee
Was a fun day, glad to be back at Suncorp after being absent for most of the season.

I won't list my votes until I catch a replay, unfortunately my seats were at such an angle it was difficult to make everything out so I wouldn't be doing myself justice. Initial impressions are McGuire, Macca, Parker, Hannant, Beale and Yow Yeh all had strong games.

Just a few thoughts...

- That Yow Yeh no try decision completely took the crowd out of the game. It deflated just about everyone and turned a day of celebration into a bit of a snooze fest.

- Crowd was sort of s**t in my area too. Usual thing of fans not wanting to chant along and only making a noise when something good had happened. Going onto to the pitch was a highlight. Was good to practice some stepping albeit by the time we were allowed on it was nearly packed.

- The game probably did more for Manly than it did us. Losing Hoffman and most likely losing Thaiday puts severe doubt in our chances in the finals and while we can cover both I don't think we'll have the edge to go all the way. A huge shame.

- Defence was piss weak. Was glad when Te'o finally came into land a tackle instead of waiting on his heels like all his team mates. Whoever said we're just as bad in the ruck as Manly isn't giving them their due. They're far better in the ruck than we are and we could barely slow down a snail the way we're going.

- Didn't like our attack either. Didn't play direct enough and the way we used our space around the field seemed stupid. We had like 5 glued to one corner in the second half and once again there was no support up the middle which made it easy for the Manly defence to pick us off.

- I'm being a little harsh. I thought there were plenty of positives to take out of the game, especially McGuire who's gone to another level and might just be what we need heading into the finals. Big test against the Warriors but if results go our way maybe we'll be in the right shape for the prelim?

user_nat

Coach
Somewhat amusing to see all the people around these boards who just look at the penalty count and assume the refs are constantly giving us a helping hand and yet we can't see to get a 50/50 call go our way.
I don't even think we receive an unusual amount of penalties, the other team just tends to receive a low amount against us.

IBA

Juniors
Beating the silvertails, walking on that hallowed turf (man, that grass is soft), farewelling Locky and witnessing him receiving those well-deserved accolades, before leaving the stadium through the gold posts, was an unforgettable experience!

I agree. Was a weird feeling being out there...

I think someone said the other day we'd probably be looking to grind out and guarantee the win rather than try and pile points on. It's what it really seemed like. Nothing flashy, just grinding away. They've been doing it all year really. While some teams can throw the ball around and score some spectacular replay tries (Souths/Bulldogs) they haven't ended close to us on the table. 2 points off the minor premiers surely means there is something to be said about out griding type wins. It's that kind of stuff that wins the tight games as well which could fair well for us going into the finals.

Gonna watch the replay before I vote

The Crane

Juniors
It was another boring game, but hey, we ground out a win (albeit against a below average 1-17).

I found it funny that they petitioned to have the game moved to a Sunday to make Locky's final game a "fun, family atmosphere", but the terrible refereeing turned the crowd into a bloodthirsty, rowdy mob. I was at the game, but my brother watched from home and said you could hear the "bulls__t" chant through the TV as clear as the commentators.

I also think that we are struggling with our forward rotation. McGuire is playing like he is possessed, but when he went off (which I think was not until after half-time), it felt like we lost a LOT of our go-forward. Hannant is not playing up where he should be, and Anderson offers no impact from the bench. I don't think Dodds even got a run, and if he did it was only for 10 minutes tops.

My points:
3 - McGuire (right now, he IS our team)
2 - Parker (kept putting his hand up - goal kicking was disappointing though)
1 - Yow Yeh (looked dangerous, but this vote could have also gone to McC)

AceAv

Juniors
Yep IBA. Make ya wish we beat Manly or Melb in those meetups -we woulda snared that MP!!! -We definitely deserve it this year...

Im pretty excited about the Finals -Really hope to see Melb go out in straight sets!!! -pretty unlikely tho.

Snoochies

First Grade
It was another boring game, but hey, we ground out a win (albeit against a below average 1-17).

I found it funny that they petitioned to have the game moved to a Sunday to make Locky's final game a "fun, family atmosphere", but the terrible refereeing turned the crowd into a bloodthirsty, rowdy mob. I was at the game, but my brother watched from home and said you could hear the "bulls__t" chant through the TV as clear as the commentators.

I also think that we are struggling with our forward rotation. McGuire is playing like he is possessed, but when he went off (which I think was not until after half-time), it felt like we lost a LOT of our go-forward. Hannant is not playing up where he should be, and Anderson offers no impact from the bench. I don't think Dodds even got a run, and if he did it was only for 10 minutes tops.

My points:
3 - McGuire (right now, he IS our team)
2 - Parker (kept putting his hand up - goal kicking was disappointing though)
1 - Yow Yeh (looked dangerous, but this vote could have also gone to McC)

Pretty sure he played the full 80. Over 200m gain to boot.

renouf

Juniors
- Didn't like our attack either. Didn't play direct enough and the way we used our space around the field seemed stupid. We had like 5 glued to one corner in the second half and once again there was no support up the middle which made it easy for the Manly defence to pick us off.

- I'm being a little harsh. I thought there were plenty of positives to take out of the game, especially McGuire who's gone to another level and might just be what we need heading into the finals. Big test against the Warriors but if results go our way maybe we'll be in the right shape for the prelim?

Our attack is terrible, I haven't seen it this bad since 03-04. I don't know what Griffin is coaching, but it looks like a forwards orientated-wrestle. It's as boring as bat shit.

No chance against the Warriors on that performance, they were very close to knocking us off last time, I think we'll be significantly weakened this time and that will cost us. Even if Hodges does play, hes not going to be 100% and will probably be a passenger out there.

Another season where we go so close but fall short.

I also can't understand how sides like Manly manage to overcome missing up to 5-6 of their top liners, if we had that many out we'd have gotten flogged by 50.

IBA

Juniors
Yeah i think grade 2 is a little rough for it. I forsee a whole lot of below the border whinging if he only gets a grade 1 convictoin though.

macnaz

Staff member
Yeah i think grade 2 is a little rough for it. I forsee a whole lot of below the border whinging if he only gets a grade 1 convictoin though.
Not sure if there is below the border stuff in play BUT its f**king amazing to think he got 3 weeks for that accidental tackle and Bret Stewart got 1 lousy week for running 50 metres to a fight that had FA to do with him plus connected with a guys head PLUS made the game look like a pub brawl for low lifes.. Go figure :crazy:

Last edited:

qld aussie

Juniors
3. Mcquire great running game the best ive seen him play
2. McCullough seems to be improving with every game
1. Beale was always dangerous when carrying the footy

While our defence is good our attack is ordinary with little variation from 5 Hitups and bomb them BOREING BOREING BOREING WATCHIN THE GAME LIVE PUTS U TOO SLEEP I dont know why with the attacking ability this team has, they dont go more than 2 passes wide in set plays. gillett, reed, teo only touched the ball when they run from dummy half or have a hitup.

Latest posts