What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 (2006) Panthers vs Raiders

Raider_69

Post Whore
[furrycat] said:
But that means I'll never be born!?!?

NO! I wont accept that!!!!
:cry:

on a serious note, i hope the points deduction on dubbys article doesnt decide the match, there 10 great articles up and hopefully if Penrith win its by more then 5 so the penalty has no bearing, sadly i cant see there being that much in it

awesome game both teams, i have a soft spot for mick and his panthers so it will be an easier loss to take if it comes out that way. That said im still very confident my lads can pull a bunny out of their arses and sneak one home on the panthers.... good luck all

over to you pistol, i dont envy your job!

Big Mick

Referee
Raider_69 said:
awesome game both teams, i have a soft spot for mick and his panthers so it will be an easier loss to take if it comes out that way. That said im still very confident my lads can pull a bunny out of their arses and sneak one home on the panthers.... good luck all

consider that recipricated....is that the word?

I dunno...whats that noise!

thickos

First Grade
Great game both sides.

Despite exceeding the word count, well done dubby on a great debut post for the Raiders!

Pistol

Coach
Panthers

Big Mick – International Orphanage
746 Words

What to do about our International game? A well written, thought out piece.

Madunit – A Letter To A Disgruntled Player Manager
700 Words

Amusing piece with several humorous statements.

[furrycat] – A Letter To The NRL
750 Words

Follows on well from the previous article. Well written and amusing.

Azkatro – Lets Go Girls
747 Words

Imaginative piece about what the cheer girls mean to the game and to the supporter. A couple of sentences I felt could have been fragmented to make it flow better early in the piece.

Ozzie – The Roosters Training Ground
745 Words

Well written yarn about the history of the local park. A good read.

Raiders

greeneyed – Easter
750 Words

Well written piece about the town, and future of the club. Some great descriptions made this a good read

Thickos – Fire Starter
750 Words

Great read with some great descriptions and imagry.

Stelios Giannakopoulos – Renewed Hope – Canberra 2007
750 Words

A good thought out piece on the future coach.

dubby – Lamentations; the demise of a great club and a bygone era
764 Words

There were quite a few spelling and punctuation errors which spoilt what I felt was a good read with some good insights.

78 – 5 for going more than 11 words over the 750 word limit

New Mark 73

I Bleed Green – Who am I
750 Words

This was an excellent piece. The writer drew my attention and kept it until the climax at the end

Penrith (432) defeated Canberra (426)

M.O.M

Thickos from the Raiders

(I see this was dubby’s debut piece. I hope you don’t get too discouraged with this mark. The Forum Sevens competition rules state that you must NOT go over 750 words. Because you were more than 11 words over the limit, the rules say that you be deducted 5 points. Punctuation and Spelling do play a big part in your overall mark. It’s just something to be on the lookout for next time.)

A great match men. Well done to all.

[furrycat]

Coach
Cheers for the quick reffing.

Great game guys. The five points would have made it a very close result! Great game - quality articles.

Best of luck in the rest of the season boys.

Yep, fair result IMO. Great work to both teams, well done Panthers. See ya in the semi's!

Cheers for the marking and insightful comments ref.

Big Mick

Referee
Cheers for the marking mate...great job.

Raiders...well done...great game.

I look forward to seeing you in the finals!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
what a marvellous concept by furrycat and madunit!

BRAVO all and sundry

Raider_69

Post Whore
cheers pistol for the prompt marking, glad to see the word count penalty didnt change the result, penrith are deserving winners

btw well done to thickos, MOTM in a losing team, whatta legend!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Raider_69 said:
See you blokes in the semis :)
thats if you guys get there ;-)

Just kidding, you guys are already pencilled in for a home semi I reckon.

Raider_69

Post Whore
whoo go us and Mick too... say furry and unit, are you blokes off contract end of this season :p :lol:

ozzie

Bench
It's not the 30 June yet mate..lol

a good game and yes it would have been close if a points deduction hadn't been made. To see teams score into the middle 400's is great - an average for the winners of 84% wow -

greeneyed

First Grade
Thanks Pistol for the very quick marking. Congrats to the Panthers.

Dubby... you will go much better next time round having had the experience of the debut match!

Latest posts