What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 - Rabbitohs vs Roosters: Friday 25th March 8:05pm @Accor Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
There are many great rivalries in Australian sport. Heaps. NSW vs Queensland, Holden vs Ford, All Blacks vs Wallabies just to name a few. However, I don't think anything compares to the rivalry that will be on show this week. That's right, it's us, the Rabbitohs, against the Roosters. I don't really need to go on about what this rivalry means, we all know, we've all experienced it. We all eat, sleep and breathe it. Hate is a very strong word, but when it comes to describing how we feel about these wankers from Bondi, it's simply not strong enough. No word in the English language is strong enough to describe 114 years of pure hatred. So this is a huge week, a massive week as that rivalry resumes and we get ready for another chapter to be written into the Book of Feuds.

No doubt this is a big week, probably our biggest of this early Season period. While we showed improvement last week, the fact remains we are 0 - 2 so I believe this week is a must win. being back at home at Accor Stadium for the first time in a long time will help a lot. I'm sure the boys will really relish our return, as will the members and fans.

It's certainly going to be a big challenge to get the win against our bitter foe of Friday night because it pains me to say it, but they do have one hell of a side. Everyone has them as Premiership favourites and while their form over the opening two Rounds has been a bit indifferent, I have no doubt they will unfortunately improve every week and be right up there come the end of the Season. They just have so much strike for us to watch out for all over the park. Most notably Tedesco, Keary, Manu, and then a forward pack that includes JWH, Crichton, Collins and Radley. As much as I hate them, you do have to agree with the quality of their side. As such, I don't think there's any real key battle this week, we're going to have to be on right across the board once again. They'll come out firing looking for revenge on what we did to them last year and of course the Manu incident so I have no doubt we'll be in for a big challenge this week.

For us, it's our first game back at home for the 2022 Season. The first game back at home in what feels like forever! Couldn't ask for a better game to come home to so I encourage everyone that can get there to do so! We need as much Red and Green there as possible!! We're playing the arch rivals, the biggest rivalry in the game so if this game doesn't get the boys and our fans up, nothing will. We've had a bit of a poor start to the Season however, we did show signs of real promise last week when things finally clicked during the comeback. It's about bottling that 15 minutes and making sure that's the turning point in our early Season form. As I said, we showed improvement but we need to improve big time yet again if we want to match it with the Roosters. We simply cannot make the errors and execute like we have been or we'll be slaughtered. Hold the ball, complete your sets, execute and build pressure, That'll be the main focus for this week and we need to do that if we want to give ourselves a chance.

Game's against the Roosters with genuine hate on show are always spicy but this one has some added ingredients because of what happened last time we met. I have no doubt they're going to try and bait Latrell and us. We simply cannot afford to let that happen. If they do try to, we need to turn it in our favour.

So a massive week this week! Time to really fire up and let's give it to these wankers from Bondi!!!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I'm shutting out all the media hype dor this game, especially Kent the c...t and Slothfield, they only using us to sell their trash newspaper nobody with a brain would buy

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
My predicted line up for Round 3 against the Roosters is,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Milne
4. Graham
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Nicholls
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Host
15. Havili
16. Burgess
17. Moale

Pretty self-explanatory. I believe the only real change will be Jaxson and Taane swapping.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Lol, you won't be going anywhere.
That's why I said Paulo back at left centre as a surprise but WOULD it be a surprise?
I mean, the coach was saying only 3 days ago that "we need to have patience" with the attack and the combinations.
Sounded ominous to me.
What if he meant patience with Paulo?

southsport

First Grade
That's why I said Paulo back at left centre as a surprise but WOULD it be a surprise?
I mean, the coach was saying only 3 days ago that "we need to have patience" with the attack and the combinations.
Sounded ominous to me.
What if he meant patience with Paulo?
It could happen.......but surely not.

big hit!

Bench
My predicted line up for Round 3 against the Roosters is,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Milne
4. Graham
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Nicholls
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Host
15. Havili
16. Burgess
17. Moale

Pretty self-explanatory. I believe the only real change will be Jaxson and Taane swapping.

Is Knight ready to return? Played Cup on weekend. Not sure if higher ups would want a $400k per season middle languishing in the lower grades for too long. Could bump Moale back to Cup.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Almost certain that Paulo will be named at left centre. JD has a lot of faith in his players and Paulo spent the majority of the preseason there. Its up to Paulo to deliver.

I think a lot of people will say the roosters are favourites and they're probably right. It would be nice to see us keep up a nice wall in defence though and not leak points.

If we keep up our defence the attack will eventually come.

handyman2190

Bench
If JD picks Paulo at centre I'm done for thos year
At the end of the day we are all rabbitohs, passion and opinions are necessary, we may not agree with the recruitment,we may not agree with team selections, but we should always support and love our club.
You can say whatever you want, but at the end of the day youve been with us a long time,and your DNA wont let you stop careing. You can support your second team,but they will always come second.