What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Broncos

betcats

Referee
Assuming no one is back i think we will see this:

1. Smith
2. Mansour
3. Who the f**k knows - CHN or Heffernan?
4. Hiku
5.DWZ
6. Peachey
7. Soward
8. Mckendry
9. Wallace
10. RCG
11. Cartwright
12.Yeo
13. Merrin

14.Latu/JFH
15.Latimore
16. Matagi
17. Taylor

I would be giving TMM a run but I doubt they will.

mxlegend99

Referee
If none of the injured guys are fit this round (NRL.com has most due back this week, but it's not the best source obviously). Throw Peachey at centre and TMM in the halves and that side is about the best we could do IMO.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Sadly Betcats that's the side that will be named. I think Blake will be named for Yeo to play if he's not fit.

martielang

Bench
With Soward / Peach not working, and ZDC having a cracker on Saturday, I wonder if we'll see him on the bench.

smith to fullback whare out, dwz to wing. cartwirhgt start, akuloa to bench. that team is depressing. if we wanted to win we would risk martin on the bench instead of akuoala even just to give it a try

Copperhead

Juniors
1. William Smith 2. Josh Mansour 3. Waqa Blake 4. Peta Hiku 5. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 6. Tyrone Peachey 7. Jamie Soward 8. Sam McKendry 9. Peter Wallace 10. Regan Campbell-Gillard 11. Bryce Cartwright 12. Isaah Yeo 13. Trent Merrin
Interchange: 14. Sitaleki Akauola 15. Jeremy Latimore 16. Suaia Matagi 17. Elijah Taylor

betcats

Referee
About what I expected, hopefully Blake is actually fit and Mckendry can back up that performance from last week. If TMM or even ZDC were to debut I wouldn't expect them to be named today but I doubt either will come in. Hopefully Smith can add something to our attack because we need it.

Copperhead

Juniors
smith to fullback whare out, dwz to wing. cartwirhgt start, akuloa to bench. that team is depressing. if we wanted to win we would risk martin on the bench instead of akuoala even just to give it a try

Not worth getting upset considering the way he changes it at the last minute each week.

What is it with our coaches, and naming the teams. The last 3 have played these games, and I can't see how it's advantaged us in any way.

mxlegend99

Referee
So far we're looking like we will go 3 games in a row with a weaker side than the previous week. Feels a lot like 2015 again. Anytime we seem to gain a player. Someone else goes down.

It's only a couple of spine players and best centre though. No big deal

chrisD

Coach
If Dallin is fit he should play FB again after he went ok last week. I don't think we are going to win anyway and care more about seeing him at FB. Smith can play anywhere else.

TheFrog

Coach

I'm sure the coach wants to win. As someone indicated above, it does make sense not to name TMM until the last minute, so the opposition doesn't get the chance to study his play.

Munted

Bench
I'm sure the coach wants to win. As someone indicated above, it does make sense not to name TMM until the last minute, so the opposition doesn't get the chance to study his play.

Every year nsw know the same qld players are playing, no amount of study has helped us! I'm not sure that holding back a TMM announcement is such an advantage mate. My 0.02

Every year nsw know the same qld players are playing, no amount of study has helped us! I'm not sure that holding back a TMM announcement is such an advantage mate. My 0.02

Agree but Griffin has already proven that his Tuesday team announcement means little. Gives us some hope

Exsilium

First Grade
That is pretty much the side I expected.

I was thinking about our first two games and decided to watch them again. I think we're forgetting that despite the losses, we've been competitive. The Bronco's have not exactly been setting the world on fire with their brand of footy either and have been fortuitous in many aspects.

If anything, I think we are building nicely and the guys will be looking for a big win. Plenty of teams start poorly and come good. I think Wallace at hooker gives us that kicking game from dummy half and a passing game which will keep our sets rolling forward.

If cartwright and peachey do their jobs we will belt the broncos. 13+ for mine. Will Smith is going to give us a backline movement again and that's what we have been missing.

I know some of you wont share my optimism but I am confident that the boys will put on a show and get us the points. Penrith 42 - Brisbane 18

Frankus

Juniors
Maybe in the 20s mate. I think it will be a tight game but I can't see us getting up in this one.