What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 V Bulldogs

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Our first away game of the season is against the Bulldogs.
A few injuries will require us to modify our team.
Brown with abdominal trauma and poor Sam McKendry with his ACL problem will both be out for sometime.

My Team.

1 Edwards
2 Mansour
3 Blake
4 Whare
5 DWZ
6 Maloney
7 Cleary
8 Tamou
9 Wallace
10 RCG
11 Fisher-Harris
12 Yeo
13 Merrrin
14 Leota
15 Kikau
16 Harawira-Naera
17 Peachey

OldPanther

Coach
Brown with abdominal trauma and poor Sam McKendry with his ACL problem will both be out for sometime.

My Team.

1 Edwards
2 Mansour
3 Blake
4 Whare
5 DWZ
6 Maloney
7 Cleary
8 Tamou
9 Wallace
10 RCG
11 Fisher-Harris
12 Yeo
13 Merrrin
14 Leota
15 Kikau
16 Harawira-Naera
17 Peachey

It'll be either this or swap RCG and Leota. That's what I think the coaching staff go with.

I would like to slowly blood a rookie prop while it's still early and no pressure.

tripster

Juniors
My Team.

1 Edwards
2 Mansour
3 Blake
4 Whare
5 DWZ
6 Maloney
7 Cleary
8 Tamou
9 Wallace
10 RCG
11 Fisher-Harris
12 Yeo
13 Merrrin
14 Leota
15 Kikau
16 Harawira-Naera
17 Peachey

I think your pick is spot on. The only change I’d make is to start RCG off the bench, and either swap him with Leota in the starting side, or move RCG to the bench, JFH into prop and start CHN in the second row.

TheFrog

Coach

My Team.

1 Edwards
2 Mansour
3 Blake
4 Whare
5 DWZ
6 Maloney
7 Cleary
8 Tamou
9 Wallace
10 RCG
11 Fisher-Harris
12 Yeo
13 Merrrin
14 Leota
15 Kikau
16 Harawira-Naera
17 Peachey
Little doubt that will be the 17. My feeling is that the RCG from the bench experiment will now be shelved for the time being, he'll have a break either side of halftime as is customary for middle forwards. Peachey to come on much earlier.

franklin2323

Immortal
It'll be either this or swap RCG and Leota. That's what I think the coaching staff go with.

I would like to slowly blood a rookie prop while it's still early and no pressure.

Not in these conditions the rain and away v a fired up team. I would do it next home game

That should be the 17 picked

OldPanther

Coach
Not in these conditions the rain and away v a fired up team. I would do it next home game

That should be the 17 picked

It will be fore sure. We just have to be careful with our depth now. Think it could be wise to make sure someone is prepaired just in case at the back end of the season. Even if they only get 10 mins to start with.

franklin2323

Immortal
It will be fore sure. We just have to be careful with our depth now. Think it could be wise to make sure someone is prepaired just in case at the back end of the season. Even if they only get 10 mins to start with.

Of course that 20 odd mins someone gets off the bench

mxlegend99

Referee
Woods pumps out more metres. Tamou more in defence. But you wouldnt find a pair of more overrated or overpaid front rowers in the game.

They're solid players paid as superstars.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Slightly worried about this game, although we seem to have the wood on the dogs the last few seasons.

That said, they are 0-2 and we may turn up a little relaxed.

We need to score first, weather forecast is looking wet, so kicking game will be important.

MrBlack

Juniors

The rookie prop is a good idea.

Also maybe look for a short term depth signing. We should have room in the cap with Cartwright's money.

ACTPanthers

Bench
There's no way the players would be thinking this is going to be an easy game - Our starts have been terrible and surely the players see that - Hoping we come out as fired up as the Bulldogs will be and play like we're 0-2 instead of 2-0 - Griffin needs to hammer home that it's not going to be a walk in the park and we'll have to be on our game, THE WHOLE GAME, not just the second half.

OldPanther

Coach
There's no way the players would be thinking this is going to be an easy game - Our starts have been terrible and surely the players see that - Hoping we come out as fired up as the Bulldogs will be and play like we're 0-2 instead of 2-0 - Griffin needs to hammer home that it's not going to be a walk in the park and we'll have to be on our game, THE WHOLE GAME, not just the second half.

All the media questions have gone from:

Pre-season: Who's really coaching Penrith?

To

First two rounds: Do you guys realise how badly you start games? This includes Griffin himself admitting it.

If they don't know by now they'll never get it.

The rookie prop is a good idea.

Also maybe look for a short term depth signing. We should have room in the cap with Cartwright's money.

I guess it depends who is available. Probably a solid depth forward hanging around.

OldPanther

Coach
BULLDOGS coach Dean Pay has reacted to the club’s poor start to the season by axing five-eighth Matt Frawley in favour of rookie Jeremy Marshall-King.

Latest posts