What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Manly

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Whaaaaa tha f#k ! !

The sods decide to charge Bird for a bit off push and shove , whilst allowing the dioty damn Storm player Munster to get away with his downright dangerous tackle on the Penrith player in Thursday’s night game .

Geeze H Chrust , talk about fairness and a level playing field for all clubs . It stinks to high heaven , what a downright miscarriage of justice that is .
Your Not wrong Gareth67 it’s plain BS

kit66

Bench
Cherry-Evans getting pole axed by Ravalawa was still the play of the night for me. I recon Rava is our most improved player so far in 2021

That was the play of the night alright, closely followed by Saab throwing a hospital pass to his obviously injured team mate Dylan Walker because he was too scared to get tackled - extra funny because Walker left the kick for Saab. Hilarious.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Absolutely loving Jack Bird and his aggression. For me, it was the stomp on Suli's lower leg/ankle region while he was on the ground which has landed him in strife. And it's a shame for us but personally I support punishing that kind of thing. Bird was crossing the line a little bit and must harness that aggression in smarter ways, which I'm sure he will.

Think of it as giving Bird a rest. He doesn't look like he needs it mind you, but it will only bring him back better.

kit66

Bench
This was a very pleasing win and I thought a gutsy win even though Manly aren't traveling too well.
We still had to deal with their big forwards like Tapau, Aloiai, Keppie and the huge Sipley, which we did well. We still had to deal with their clever and dangerous players DCE, Foran, Schuster and Walker, which we did. They had plenty of passing, off loads and good kicks and they rolled up the field really well but we held strong and backed each other up every time. We missed a lot of tackles but there was always someone else there to finish it off, lots of bodies in the tackles - I think some of the misses just came from people trying to make tackles they were never going to make but trying anyway. We defended their kicks better than we have for years - Ravalawa ( or Ravioli as Blocker calls him ) was fantastic last night taking all those kicks. And our attack was a sight to behold, dangerous across the park as they say.
Sure, it was only Manly but I'm really proud of the boys and excited for the rest of the season to come, something I haven't felt, I mean really felt, for years.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lots of love for Norman all of the sudden? So he plays one half decent game & all is forgiven? His errors still cost us 12 points in the first half. That’ll be the difference against better teams so no man love from me just yet. :broken_heart:
Love is ok.

Sometimes fans dig themselves intio a position against a player and refuse to budge.

But I'm sure you're an open minded fella.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
MOM as far as I'm concerned.
CC
It was the best game we've seen from Norman in a while. Much improved kicking game, set up or had a hand in most of our tries. He outplayed Foran by a mile.

Amazing what can happen when our forwards are on top and we have a real coach.

Not sure if I'd have Norman as best player. Hunt was top shelf as well, Tariq Sims was never far away, same with Vaughan. McCullough's defence was again evident. Lomax, just doing his stuff and looking like Origin material.

Just give the POTM to the whole team.

All in all, it looks like we've got a bunch of players that want to back each other up. Worth celebrating.

Dragon David

First Grade
It was the best game we've seen from Norman in a while. Much improved kicking game, set up or had a hand in most of our tries. He outplayed Foran by a mile.

Amazing what can happen when our forwards are on top and we have a real coach.

Not sure if I'd have Norman as best player. Hunt was top shelf as well, Tariq Sims was never far away, same with Vaughan. McCullough's defence was again evident. Lomax, just doing his stuff and looking like Origin material.

Just give the POTM to the whole team.

All in all, it looks like we've got a bunch of players that want to back each otyer up. Worth celebrating.
You can now see the commitment the players have for each other and the club and they are learning to back themselves a lot more than ever before, well for the past couple of years anyway.

SGMax

Juniors
I liked the look of the Manly No.8, Paseka.
Big body and looks strong, solid and very mobile.
Noticed he had our defence scrambling a little to get him down.

Otherwise, good to see we outplayed them all over the field.
Dragons kick chase was the best I have seen since the Bennett years.
Liked the size of Williame when he scored, thought it was Kerr for a second.

The whole team is developing its game well but so far we have won against teams that were poor...almost looked like they played Dragons footy of previous years with errors, poor options and poor execution.
It will be interesting as we come up against the better teams and see if we can match their speed and quality combinations.

Latest posts