What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Raiders

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Probably won't go ahead, but, just in case.

I'm certain Mc85 will call back all his #1 hooker for this game, so in light of that, here is the team I believe he will field (again, not my team)

1. Dufty
2. Periera
3. WIlliame
4. Lafai
5. Lomax
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11.Frizell
12. T.sims
13. Lawrie

14. Luke
15.. Merrin
16. Fuimaono
17. Kerr

It wouldn't surprise me to see Aitkens name somewhere in the backline.

SBD82

Coach
Probably won't go ahead, but, just in case.

I'm certain Mc85 will call back all his #1 hooker for this game, so in light of that, here is the team I believe he will field (again, not my team)

1. Dufty
2. Periera
3. WIlliame
4. Lafai
5. Lomax
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11.Frizell
12. T.sims
13. Lawrie

14. Luke
15.. Merrin
16. Fuimaono
17. Kerr

It wouldn't surprise me to see Aitkens name somewhere in the backline.
Geeze it’s hard to get excited. If this game goes ahead I can’t see where a win for us comes from.

gitano

Juniors
1. Dufty
2. Williame
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Pereira
6. Norman
7. Hunt

31. Lomax

Start there and we might win a game.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Dragons have already exceeded expectations for mine. 42 points in two games. Leave Dufty where he is. I've never seen Lomax play 5/8 so drop Norman and give Lomax something new to put on his CV. Saab to the wing if he's fit. Drop James Graham. Promote Host. Play Brittain for more than 16 minutes. That's about it.

Crush

Coach
Geeze it’s hard to get excited. If this game goes ahead I can’t see where a win for us comes from.
Is it just me or does it feel a bit insensitive and negligent for the NRL to be forging on in the face of coronavirus which has just crippled many businesses and peoples lives?
Every other bloody sport around the world has paused their competition, perhaps the NRL should stop thinking about $$$ and do the right thing for just once. Just once.

BLM01

First Grade
My opinion. Drop Lafai. Graham, Merrin, Luke Periera and replace with Rav Cam TSims Blacker and Saab
That is the best we can muster ATM
Still Canberra to win by 10
Mary to 0-3 and will drag the premier and PM into the press conference and blame them for disrupting the team

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Is it just me or does it feel a bit insensitive and negligent for the NRL to be forging on in the face of coronavirus which has just crippled many businesses and peoples lives?
Every other bloody sport around the world has paused their competition, perhaps the NRL should stop thinking about $$$ and do the right thing for just once. Just once.
I half agree half don’t. If they weren’t playing they would probably be out in the community more, potentially getting and spreading Corona. It’s a difficult one tbh. In this shit time though it’s good to have some escape on the weekends. The problem with us in Australia is we are doing just enough to ruin the economy but not enough to stop the spread. It would almost be better if we had a military lockdown for a month and just got it over with. Weekly testing for the military, police, medical professionals and their associated structures. Probably easier in theory than practice.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

It's not just you. However my personal opinion is the more stuff we can keep going (provided it meets the health guidelines) then the sooner we return to normality. I could of course be wrong.

No doubt NRL are thinking about dollars, but I have less issue with the NRL than i do with the masses of people defying the medical advice and flocking to Bondi Beach.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
My opinion. Drop Lafai. Graham, Merrin, Luke Periera and replace with Rav Cam TSims Blacker and Saab
That is the best we can muster ATM
Still Canberra to win by 10
Mary to 0-3 and will drag the premier and PM into the press conference and blame them for disrupting the team
I’d definitely drop Graham. He is a waste of a spot. I’d start with Lawrie at prop, use Merrin and Kerr as my bench props. Start Fuimaono at lock and bring Ford into the side. If Cam is fit I’d start with him drop Luke and probably be tempted to bring Clune on the bench. If McInnes can’t last 80 or gets injured Clune can play 7 and Hunt can round out the game at 9. Will be interesting to see how he goes in comparison. This will put a rocket up the halves and let them know they are not safe.

SBD82

Coach
For me, if the NRL wants to spend the resources to ensure quarantine and continue the comp, I’m happy for them to do it.

If they can pull it off they will continue pumping money through the economy, which will benefit their suppliers and contractors, and they will be much less likely to need government handouts.

My only reservation is that they would want to be damn sure that their quarantine procedures are flawless. Not even sure if thats possible.

Crush

Coach
For me, if the NRL wants to spend the resources to ensure quarantine and continue the comp, I’m happy for them to do it.

If they can pull it off they will continue pumping money through the economy, which will benefit their suppliers and contractors, and they will be much less likely to need government handouts.

My only reservation is that they would want to be damn sure that their quarantine procedures are flawless. Not even sure if thats possible.
It just seems a bit fishy that the AFL would pull the pin yet the NRL does not. Are they not on the same boat?