1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

This week Paul Jobber looks at the sacrifices made by the NZ Warriors as they prepare to head home after many long months keeping the NRL afloat by relocating to Australia, while Rob Crosby looks at the departing and retiring class of 2020 as many players make their exits. Rick's weekly finals column peaks with rankings of the top eight forward packs headed into the pointy end of the season.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 20, Super League Round 13 and Netherlands-Germany programme - and you have one fantastic 50-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 18 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 3 v Warriors

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Crush, May 19, 2020.

1. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

It’s the Titans’ fault?

f**k you, Gold Coast. With your sun and your surf and your beautiful people and your Mary extensions.

2. George Dragon

George Dragon Juniors

3. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Evidently on Instagram a young kid posted

“Paul Mc Gregor you are the reason I get bullied at school”

That in itself should be enough for him to be sacked.

4. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

I refuse to listen to his excuses game after game but I agree it is going to be a long long season as he hasn’t got the balls to resign. He may have played for us but he is not a real dragon otherwise he would resign. All goes back to our joke of a Board that signed him last year without a performance clause. Business 101 ?

Reddragon, LINESPEED and Coffs dragon like this.
  5. HenryTatana

HenryTatana Juniors

Todays game was reserve grade.
    O'Day's

6. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

I thought the same Dennis but the Warriors showed true grit not like our underdone squad. I, like most of us Dragons fans looked forward to this day with some hope of us winning. Like a fool I made mention on the forum that we would win. I just ended up with an empty stomach and a dry mouth from all the yelling and swearing and nothing left in the tank just like the Dragons had nothing on the scoreboard except a big fat zero.

It was just an anticlimax to what seemed such a bright sunny day ending in embarrassment and a lot of uncertainty with where we are heading in this competition. I just do not think we have it in us to succeed just like all the previous years after Bennett. Mary won't be sacked and will continue on his merry way into 2021. His excuses will be useless and senseless but convincing enough for the Board to keep him employed at the Dragons but his contract will certainly not be renewed.

Dennis Papaioannou likes this.
  7. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

I won't respond to all the points you have made Old Timer but I agree with them . I just want to say that I don't think that Flanno is a good assistant. Neither he nor Sheppard would have any tangible input going by how we played today. I think Flanno is a good head coach but not assistant as like those others who have tried to assist Mary, he fails because Mary has the final say.

sco22 and Como Connection like this.
  8. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Hahaha! Very good.

9. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

Agree CC.
    Apart from the last few games in 2018 he’s been largely cumbersome. I thought he might have come on since then.

10. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Slow as fu** and useless too. Does nothing for me. Better off having Blacker on the bench for his size

blacksafake likes this.
  11. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

Probably booing on their way out...

12. Dragon Blood

Dragon Blood Juniors

Lawrie offers Block zero

Expected some flair today due to new rules but was prepared for the old same boring dragons footy under McNo-idea

In summary I got what I expected and will probably cancel my Kayo account after cancelling my fox sports subscription. I'm not spending a cent more on boring Dragons footy as all the top footy played is free to air on 9 with proper coached teams

13. Como Connection

Como Connection Bench

For
    For some reason that I cannot understand when the team is within 20 metres of the opposition try line he gets the ball at least once for zero result!
    CC

blacksafake and Tuddy like this.
  14. redv13

redv13 Juniors

The way the games look to be going this year we cannot afford to carry Lawrie, Graham and a crap 17 like Aitken. Gonna be a loooong year!!

Dragon David likes this.
  15. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

1 win from the last 13 and that was against last year's wooden spooners.

If that sort of form continues, he won't see the season out, let alone next year...

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    blacksafake likes this.
  16. IMO

IMO Juniors

On a positive note it was nice to see most of the dragons players so happy for the efforts of the warriors players after the match. May not get a premiership this year but good chance of picking up the sportsmanship award

2010, Tuddy and Wittenberg like this.
  17. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

Agree re Lawrie. He is simply one paced and predictable. Mind you his instructions might just be ‘ run straight with the ball tucked into your chest and take no risks.’

blacksafake and Dragon David like this.
  18. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

Was Norman playing today?

Coffs dragon and Dragon David like this.
  19. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Please Mary replace Norman with Clune.

getsmarty likes this.
  20. IMO

IMO Juniors

No he has taken up the Alfy Langer role at the Broncos where he pumps out 80 min on the field with no physical involvement

blacksafake likes this.