What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 Friday 30th March @ ANZ Stadium V Bulldogs

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I’m expecting a really close game here. I hope we can get past the dogs but they’re historically not a team that does poor for long. I think our biggest advantage here is in the halves. I rate Doueihi and Walker well above Foran and JMK.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’m expecting a really close game here. I hope we can get past the dogs but they’re historically not a team that does poor for long. I think our biggest advantage here is in the halves. I rate Doueihi and Walker well above Foran and JMK.
We can score enough points say 20.

It's whether we can defend well again!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Can't wait for this!!

Dogs will be tough and we must back up our Round 3 effort.
With the form the Dragons and Roosters are in and we have them shortly after, this game against the Dogs I feel is actually a must win... we have to beat these kind of teams!

I hope Cookie really catches out their big forwards and that he has the boys there to back him up...

It could come down to desire and we have to want it more!!! Dig deep....

The Dogs fans will be noisy too! They'll out number us and you see at games how they have lots of big families...

callmack1

Staff member
With the form the Dragons and Roosters are in and we have them shortly after, this game against the Dogs I feel is actually a must win... we have to beat these kind of teams!

I hope Cookie really catches out their big forwards and that he has the boys there to back him up...

The Dogs fans will be noisy too! They'll out number us and you see at games how they have lots of big families...
Agreed, as I said, we must be consistent with our effort from Round 3.

Itsamansgame

Juniors

Yes you see the same families at Service NSW every fortnight all pulling up in their new BMW or Mercedes 4 wheel drive!

Travitoh

First Grade
AR could be back this week.
If that's the case I'd switch him with Hunt in the 14 in an otherwise unchanged 17.
He could do with a run from the bench i believe and AD has shown enough to allow for that option.

callmack1

Staff member
AR could be back this week.
If that's the case I'd switch him with Hunt in the 14 in an otherwise unchanged 17.
He could do with a run from the bench i believe and AD has shown enough to allow for that option.
I think he's still one week away, back Round 5.

Boy, we're gonna have to contain Mbye this week, he was brilliant against Penrith.

Doueihi answers Seibold's personal challenge: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/25...-answers-anthony-seibolds-personal-challenge/

Kennar signed with Souths the day Maguire was sacked: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/26...ar-signed-the-day-michael-maguire-was-sacked/

Burgess forecasts brutal Bulldogs encounter: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/03/26/burgess-forecasts-brutal-bulldogs-encounter/

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think he's still one week away, back Round 5.

Boy, we're gonna have to contain Mbye this week, he was brilliant against Penrith.

Doueihi answers Seibold's personal challenge: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/25...-answers-anthony-seibolds-personal-challenge/

Kennar signed with Souths the day Maguire was sacked: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/26...ar-signed-the-day-michael-maguire-was-sacked/

Burgess forecasts brutal Bulldogs encounter: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/03/26/burgess-forecasts-brutal-bulldogs-encounter/

Kennar has been amazing. He’s put his head, trained his ass off and has been rewarded with a spot in the starting team. Him and Jennings have really made lives easier for our forwards with their constant hit ups in our own half. Gagai has been fantastic also but Kennar and Jennings have really stepped up and made the wing positions their own. Talk about value for money.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Kennar has been amazing. He’s put his head, trained his ass off and has been rewarded with a spot in the starting team. Him and Jennings have really made lives easier for our forwards with their constant hit ups in our own half. Gagai has been fantastic also but Kennar and Jennings have really stepped up and made the wing positions their own. Talk about value for money.
I pray we don't get Cecchin!!

callmack1

Staff member
Exactly, I don't think anyone expected it at all too.

They really have been brilliant.

callmack1

Staff member
My line up for Round 4:

1. Johnston
2. Jennings
3. Inglis (C)
4. Gagai
5. Kennar
6. Walker
7. Doueihi
8. T.Burgess
9. Cook
10. S.Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. Murray

14. Turner
15. Tatola
16. Nicholls
17. G.Burgess

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
My line up for Round 4:

1. Johnston
2. Jennings
3. Inglis (C)
4. Gagai
5. Kennar
6. Walker
7. Doueihi
8. T.Burgess
9. Cook
10. S.Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. Murray

14. Turner
15. Tatola
16. Nicholls
17. G.Burgess

I understand why you’d slot Turner in but I don’t think Hunt did anything wrong last week. Stick with the winning formula I say!

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I understand why you’d slot Turner in but I don’t think Hunt did anything wrong last week. Stick with the winning formula I say!
Against the dogs you need 4 forwards. And if Hunt is going to be benched until the 60th plus minute it could be too late. Turner or Clarke could work here

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Against the dogs you need 4 forwards. And if Hunt is going to be benched until the 60th plus minute it could be too late. Turner or Clarke could work here

The dogs are a bigger pack and are all about power through the middle. The smaller, more versatile forwards should have a much easier time when they’re tired. I thought Hunt slotted in at second row and did a good job of it. Ultimately I think Seibold wants to run with a utility and he wants to keep our players match fitness at the level which allows for him to keep Doueihi and Reynolds in the team when Reynolds returns. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the same team list as last week tbh.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The dogs are a bigger pack and are all about power through the middle. The smaller, more versatile forwards should have a much easier time when they’re tired. I thought Hunt slotted in at second row and did a good job of it. Ultimately I think Seibold wants to run with a utility and he wants to keep our players match fitness at the level which allows for him to keep Doueihi and Reynolds in the team when Reynolds returns. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the same team list as last week tbh.
Completely agree!