What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 Friday 30th March @ ANZ Stadium V Bulldogs

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's hilarious how the Souths haters are so butthurt and clutching at straws claiming we got all the penalties and calls.... it makes the win even more sweet!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
What do you make of the Sam incident??

I think we will go to the judiciary.

But if he's out a fortnight we will be 2-4 @Travitoh

I can only see Sam being screwed over by carry over points. The incident alone wasnt that bad. I thought the dogs players were raking the ball on every chance they got. I honestly think they got it easy yesterday. Refs are doing a really good job this year though with cracking down. Markers not being square, playing the ball incorrectly, holding players down for longer than the held call, offside in defence. It’s a plight on the game. You learn these things from a young age so to just disregard them at the highest level is a joke. I like the way the game is heading and I think Madge has played a big part in it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I can only see Sam being screwed over by carry over points. The incident alone wasnt that bad. I thought the dogs players were raking the ball on every chance they got. I honestly think they got it easy yesterday. Refs are doing a really good job this year though with cracking down. Markers not being square, playing the ball incorrectly, holding players down for longer than the held call, offside in defence. It’s a plight on the game. You learn these things from a young age so to just disregard them at the highest level is a joke. I like the way the game is heading and I think Madge has played a big part in it.
Go in the NRL cave and main forum and look how butthurt they are!! It makes it all the more sweet!

I think Sam will fight it though!

Travitoh

First Grade
Shouldn’t be too hard station right outside ANZ, train to Redfern/central and change to Cronulla. I think it’s a fairly long train journey though. If there was a few of you splitting the cost maybe Uber would be a possibility.
@Travitoh ,yeah via A3 about an hour, given Easter traffic maybe hour and a half. Not sure what that converts to in Uber, but would be faster than trains. Now getting out of Cronulla and back to your accommodation might be a nightmare. They sort of lock down a lot of streets and it can be like a car park for ages before you get out of the area. Shark Park is the worst.

Cheers.
Would Cronulla be the furthest Sydney trip?

BTW, Easter traffic? Our roads are empty on Good Friday :joy:

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
Has Sam actually been charged?
I feel he'll only get one if any but my main concern is that he raised his elbow just before the contact.
As said by others, it's a pretty basic brace for impact but put on replay it looks bad.
If he is offered a week, we should be able to fight it and win with footage of Fifita, Klemmer, Taumololo and the likes doing it week in week out with no consequence

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Mate it was euphoria at the ground yesterday.... so hard to describe...

The jaw and raw emotion in us Souths members!!!!

I'm still on a high!!!

I was leading the South Sydney chant in our bay near the end and GI looked over in our direction!!
Yes mate that's the stuff that Gagai was talking about coming to the Bunnies the raw emotion of the supporters and how he was looking forward to a big crowd to feel it,I'm sure he and the lads get on a high and the adrenalin gets pumping hearing us all giving it from the heart!!

Pommy

Coach
Yes mate that's the stuff that Gagai was talking about coming to the Bunnies the raw emotion of the supporters and how he was looking forward to a big crowd to feel it,I'm sure he and the lads get on a high and the adrenalin gets pumping hearing us all giving it from the heart!!

Just a shame we don’t have more fans show up to games, we were well outnumbered at a home game.

handyman2190

Bench
Pretty well how i saw the game. Nice write up.

A couple of things that you asked about - Jennings didn't return from the break due to delayed concussion
When George collared Montoya, i believe the penalty was against Nicholls for the flop.
Montoya is a dog alright and i hope someone whispers in his ear as he was niggling and abnoxious all game in saying that its our own fault , he was showing aggression and passion for his team rattling us , their line speed and upinour faces defence nearly blew us i wish our defense was like that, energy and passion our line speed is not good enough and without mbye their attack was not good enough..an ugly game and a lucky win.SSTID

handyman2190

Bench
The teams that realise what the refs are trying to achieve and adapt to it will flourish.
Get back the 10, release the player when the ref calls held, make the effort to play the ball correctly.
It's not hard, in fact they're all pretty basic parts of rugby league.
I'm seeing a lot of moaning about the penalty count from last nights game but if you were to go back and look, how many were incorrect?
We're all adults FFS who 12 months ago were complaining about penalties not being given. Now that they are, we don't like it.
There is no genuine argument against the referees except for "too many penalties" in which case, the players are to blame.
The refs are doing their job, why can't the players?
These penaltys are the maguire influence

doyen

Bench

RL has been insidiously ruined over a long,long period of time.
There is so much rubbish on the field now that it will possibly take just as long to clean up the debris!
My wife goes through our TV programme & draws my attention to all codes!

About an hour ago she said,"There's a game on at 1o'clock,gorgeous!"

TBH,I was hoping she was drawing my attention to an AFL game.

I asked,"Which game is that??"

She replied,"Panthers V. Newtown Jets!"

I just stood there shaking my head for about 5 mins!!

I didn't watch the Sharks/Storm game as I had more enjoyable things to do like washing up,vacuuming the floors & fixing a cupboard drawer.I've read some big criticism of it today by commentators who reckoned it was appalling.

I'm rarely tempted to watch other teams play; except those that play Sths.
I watch all of Sths games out of loyalty but the start of this season,surely,is just about the worst "RL"[for want of a better name]can get[I hope]!!!!

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
There is so much rubbish on the field now that it will possibly take just as long to clean up the debris!

I didn't watch the Sharks/Storm game as I had more enjoyable things to do like washing up,vacuuming the floors & fixing a cupboard drawer.I've read some big criticism of it today by commentators who reckoned it was appalling.

I'm rarely tempted to watch other teams play except those that play Sths.
I watch all of Sths games out of loyalty but the start of this season,surely,is just about the worst "RL"[for want of a better name]can get[I hope]!!!!

Your loss the NRLs head of referees got sat down, it made the other 79 dire minutes totally worth it.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I'm rarely tempted to watch other teams play except those that play Sths.

I don’t blame you for losing interest in the game. Especially if you’re a South Sydney fan before a league fan. I believe that if the players really do want to win then they’ll evolve and learn how to stand square at marker or be onside. A lot of coaches are purposely telling their players to abuse the rule. One team I’ve noticed suffering from the play the ball rule is Parramatta. They used to have one of the worst play the balls in the game in 2017 but they benefitted majorly because the refs were too scared to blow the whistle consistently. Doyen it’s shape up or ship out time for most teams. I’d prefer a clean, clunky game over a game that flows with players abusing the rules.

ThingFish

Juniors
Has Sam actually been charged?
I feel he'll only get one if any but my main concern is that he raised his elbow just before the contact.
As said by others, it's a pretty basic brace for impact but put on replay it looks bad.
If he is offered a week, we should be able to fight it and win with footage of Fifita, Klemmer, Taumololo and the likes doing it week in week out with no consequence
He has officially been charged now. Grade 1. So 1 week if we plead guilty, 2 weeks if we fight it and loose. Shit!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
What does everyone think of Brett Morris’ attempt to kick the ball out from under Hymel Hunt’s head? Is that a penalty try? Thought it was unneccesarily dangerous. Morris was never gonna get to it.

Travitoh

First Grade
What does everyone think of Brett Morris’ attempt to kick the ball out from under Hymel Hunt’s head? Is that a penalty try? Thought it was unneccesarily dangerous. Morris was never gonna get to it.

I thought it was an honest attempt at the ball and if anything, he kicked it into Hunt's hands :joy:
That said though, i thought it had been outlawed and we may have gotten an extra shot at goal when the bunker took it's time reviewing it.

Latest posts