What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 v Dragons

Panther Pete

Juniors
Moylan will certainly be an improvement on Smiths last effort but I really don't expect much from him in what will be his first game ages.

Pomoz

Bench
He doesn't need to play well, just not make mistakes. If the forwards play like they have in first three rounds we can win this.

betcats

Referee
I think he's gone but with Merrin back it shouldn't matter our depth won't be tested any further. If Waqa is back it pushes peachey to the bench.

Hopefully we run out with:

1. Moylan
2.Mansour
3.Hiku
4.Blake
5.Dallin
6.Martin
7.Soward
8.Mckendry
9.Wallace
10. RCG
11.Yeo
12. Cartwright
13. Merrin

14.Peachey
15. Taylor
16.JFH
17. Latu

Last edited:
We should get this done and could blow the Dragons away with our attack. More likely though we should get a 7 point victory here. Very important we win as both sides will be looking to capitalize and build their season on last start wins over highly fancied teams.

TheFrog

Coach
If he's 100% ready, he should play. If he's not, well he shouldn't.

Bringing him back against the Eels might be a worry too.

We ... could blow the Dragons away with our attack.

Never thought I'd be reading this here just a few days ago. What a difference a win makes.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
I think it'd be a bit harsh to drop Matagi. He has really ripped in and made an impact taking up the ball. There's plenty of time for JFH yet, but both are good options. I'd actually be keen to see Katoa on the bench for Taylor, particularly if we're going to use Taylor for 20 minutes as a wide running hit up option). Dragons don't have the best pack so I think we can handle one less prop to see what he can do. Katoa is our long term backup and can offer the incisiveness that Wallace lacks late in the halves.

I dunno what you've been watching umina but most thought Widdop was one of the best five eighths going around last year. Granted I haven't seen him at all this year but he is a good running and passing five eighth. The Dragons just happen to have two of those.

franklin2323

Immortal
Pretty much just forgot about Matagi tbh, he should definitely be on the bench.

Instead of Taylor. Matagi I think from the side you posted.

NSW Cup will be stronger this week Katoa, Jennings back... of Course Will Smith down there

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i think that the difference will be soward & merrin's former teammates

they've shown they have the hunger to win and pretty sure they want to show merrin he made the wrong move by leaving

should be a great result in the end when the dragons smash the panthers

betcats

Referee
Instead of Taylor. Matagi I think from the side you posted.

NSW Cup will be stronger this week Katoa, Jennings back... of Course Will Smith down there

Yeah I was thinking the same, I just feel bad for Taylor, the last two weeks have really reminded why I liked him so much as player. But if he isn't starting then fair enough. I really want JFH and Latu to get some game time under their belts because they are both long term options here.

betcats

Referee
i think that the difference will be soward & merrin's former teammates

they've shown they have the hunger to win and pretty sure they want to show merrin he made the wrong move by leaving

should be a great result in the end when the dragons smash the panthers

:lol:

Merrin and Sowie were spotted wearing ugg boots and trackies to training the other day, they are legit westies now. I expect both to show up with new neck tats and take a giant shit on their old club and use an ugly red v jersey to wipe their asses.

Last edited: