What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 Vs Manly

The_Frog

First Grade
13. Isaah - best lock in the comp, overtaken Jurbo
Actually Jake played the best I've seen him play in ages, but he lacked support from those around him. I don't think Des would have been all that despondent with the way his side played, especially in the middle 40 minutes. Kikau's second try was completely against the run of play.

betcats

Referee
Yeo is just a genuine eyes up footballer. I reckon you could put him at 7 for some of the bottom teams and they would improve.

Maybe you move Crichton to right centre, maybe. But never wing. Firstly he’s not a winger, he’s not particularly fast, he’s more of a finesse player. But most importantly he was one of the best 2-3 centres in the comp last year, you don’t move him to wing. Even a move to right centre is risky given how well he went on the left last year.

The_Frog

First Grade
Kenny not charged. Great news.

Morgan Boyle charged with a crusher on Bizza. The one the ref failed to penalise IIRC even though Brian stayed down. I got the feeling that because we were carving them up at that stage Checcin didn't want to help us any further.

betcats

Referee
Kenny not charged. Great news.

Morgan Boyle charged with a crusher on Bizza. The one the ref failed to penalise IIRC even though Brian stayed down. I got the feeling that because we were carving them up at that stage Checcin didn't want to help us any further.

Awesome. I thought he would get a charge for sure.

betcats

Referee
Since we are talking about Kenny I can really see the influence Api has had on him. Api does this thing when he is at dummy half he grabs the play the ball and sticks his head on one side of the ruck and passes to the other, the way he does it is kind of unique except for Mitch Kennys impersonations last night. Kenny is coming along quite nicely I think he could make a good starting hooker.

Panfa

Juniors
As soon as momo caught that cross field kick he looked to get the ball to Staines, he’s not a stupid player or unwilling to pass, he backs himself running the ball a lot but when it’s a clear chance for Staines he looks to get him the ball.Momirovski needed to draw the winger and then pass he would have sent Staines over for a 90m try he passed way to early in my opinion.However his defence is great and he has scored a few tries.I can't drop momi at the moment.Not sure if naden can get in the side next week but chrichton needs to go back to centre.Either Burton fullback or Staines fullback Burton wing.

Edit: also defensively Staines and momo are already a very good combination which right now is more important.

After Burton’s performce the last two weeks I wouldn’t mind if he takes someone’s spot but there’s no need to death ride momo who really is playing well.

kinghippo

Juniors
I know Critta is big strong and fast but I just don't see it at the moment.
He seems very languid and awkward with his running.
He often just moves past someone but I rarely get the feeling he is going to bust a tackle or speed into a gap.
His contact at the line seems a bit off, as if he has pushed a bit to early before the collision.

I am not as down on him as it may sound but I think he would benefit from getting back into the centres.

The_Frog

First Grade
Burton can't be dropped. I would be putting Crichton to right centre personally.

Yes I am biased towards the players who perform. How silly.
Ivan will show faith in his makeshift fullback and name an unchanged side. He pretty well said as much. I know it would have been another nil with Edwards but it was still the biggest defeat of a Manly side at Brookvale in 75 years.

WestyLife

First Grade
Ivan will show faith in his makeshift fullback and name an unchanged side. He pretty well said as much. I know it would have been another nil with Edwards but it was still the biggest defeat of a Manly side at Brookvale in 75 years.

I got the idea Ivan was considering the options. He seemed to hint moving Staines was to see how he fit there last night.

Burton can't be dropped. I would be putting Crichton to right centre personally.

Yes I am biased towards the players who perform. How silly.

Burton’s played one match at centre, that’s not enough to displace one of the best centres in the comp last year. It is silly.

franklin2323

Immortal
Call me crazy but I’m not changing a thing next week.

Crichton isn’t in the best form but he’s also not at the level some make him out to be. Kids a gun, it’s 4 weeks in, he’ll improve. Leave it be.

Nope our top 17 hasn't changed one bit this year

betcats

Referee
I think sometimes we just need to take a breath and remember we've won 21 of our last 22 games. We haven't lost at home since about mid 2019. We have great depth across the park, if someone is not performing up to scratch the coaches will make a change if they think it is needed. Being to quick to chop and change is not good coaching, take Critta as an example. Its just confidence he didnt just lose all his talent space jam style. We just need to back him to regain his confidence cause he is still performing at a solid level and he is a big time talent. Being to quick to drop him or shift to the wing might just hurt his confidence even more.