What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs the Titans

aussies1st

Staff member
Two teams in equally as crap form, really if the Raiders can't win this then they have got some serious problems. Only change I would consider if Williams in for Waddell on the bench to give us the option of injecting some spark into attack if needed.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We'll beat the Titans, surely. Williams to halfback, orford to the bench, Waddell to park footy and possibly White to start with TLL back to the bench for a while.

Timbo

Staff member
Joel Thompson has to go to the bench or backrow. He can't play centre positionally and it's hurting us badly.

Joel Thompson has to go to the bench or backrow. He can't play centre positionally and it's hurting us badly.

Id put him on the bench , he hasnt returned to any sort of form and even when he was in form his passing game didnt exist.

Id swapped our front rowers over just for a kick up the bum.

nickraider

Juniors
If the Titans play like they did against the Broncs and we play anywhere near as badly as we did against the Tigers, they will give it to us.

skeepe

Immortal
The only change I'd make is Waddell to start in place of Buttriss.

The rest I'm confident will make amends.

legend

Coach
Waddell should be nowhere near first grade. He is fair dinkum useless. Forward passes from dummy half? I mean WTF??? Drop him for Sam Williams. Vidot must be on thin ice as well..

Timbo

Staff member
What the hell has Buttriss done to deserve to be replaced by one of the worst hookers currently running around in FG?

I'm actually starting to miss Tongue as an option for #9!

Waddell just isn't developing into what everyone expected

if I was a coach I'd be prepared to give him more time, but either his or Buttriss' asses are going to be on line with McIllwrick and B. Picker coming through and atm Buttriss is ahead

Cryptic

Juniors
Our team needs to spend most of the week doing fitness work as that is what is killing us out there...

As for the changes... I'm not sure we should be making many to be honest... The forwards need some sort of shake up though... TLL to the bench, Tilse starting, J.Thompson in the 2nd row for Picker (who has been pretty flat in attack to be honest) and find a hooker who can play 80 minutes so we aren't wasting a real forwards spot on the bench and throw Picker there instead... I don't really care who it is, both Waddell and Buttriss have been equally bleh as far as I can see... Maybe give one of the others a go and see what happens...

1 - Dugan
2 - Ferguson (why some people have recommended moving him from this position I have no idea...)
3 - Croker
4 - Milne/McCrone/Robinson/Do we have another decent centre?
5 - Vidot (with a LOT of catching training)
6 - McCrone/Orford (If McCrone to centres)
7 - Orford/Williams (If Orford to 5/8)
8 - Tilse
9 - Someone who can play 80 minutes (Tongue/Waddell/Buttriss/Anyone who can pass)
10 - Shillington
11 - Harrison
12 - J.Thompson
13 - Fensom

14 - Picker
15 - White
16 - TLL
17 - Thurling (but with more game time)

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
I think Waddell has been improving. Granted the only thing he could do was improve, but compared to the absolute disasters Buttriss has turned in the last two rounds, Waddell would be a massive improvement.

He was actually pretty good in the second half against the Tigers, although I think he does his best work when starting, which is why I would have him to start with Buttriss, who I think is better when he's unleashed after 20-25 minutes, to come off the bench.

skeepe

Immortal
Waddell should be nowhere near first grade. He is fair dinkum useless. Forward passes from dummy half? I mean WTF??? Drop him for Sam Williams. Vidot must be on thin ice as well..

Robbie Farah threw a forward pass from dummy half. Should he be sacked too?

That one forward pass that Waddell threw (and it was only one, why is everyone crucifying him over that one play when he did a lot of good things as well?) was 100% the fault of the runner for over-running the play.

aussies1st

Staff member
Raiders: Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson, Jarrod Croker, Joel Thompson, Daniel Vidot, Josh McCrone, Matt Orford, Dane Tilse, Travis Waddell, David Shillington (C), Trevor Thurling, Bronson Harrison (C), Shaun Fensom. Interchange (from): Glen Buttriss, Josh Miller, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Brett White, Danny Galea.

http://nrl.com/News/OfficialTeamLists/tabid/10998/Default.aspx

Maybe this is what Waddell needs to find form, if not there ain't much hope for him. Thurling starting should mean more gametime and hopefully him returning to form.

what did everyone expect from him? Watching him play u20's I never expected much. He's never been able to pass and his tackling technique is all over the place.

to become a top-class, permanent no.9 going onto play rep football. He has time on his side but I can't see it happening it atm

dunno what you saw, I reckon most people thought he was a star in u20s

We better win this , it will be unbearable up here if we lose.

Changes made are small tweaks that wont add much to the team if they stay in the present form
It wasnt one or two players playing bad it was 14 of the 17.
Time to step up.

legend

Coach
Was Joe Picker dropped or is he injured? I thought he was one of our better players last weekend.