What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs Titans

Talanexor

Juniors
Gallant's game is based around speed and support play. Given we played most of our trials in horrendous weather. He's spent the first 3 rounds running off Shane Muspratt. I can't see how he's been given a chance to shine.

A lot of people will disagree with me on this, but I have a feeling Neil Henry must be thinking of the old Ty Williams who was lightning quick and could find the way to the tryline blindfolded. 2005 Ty Williams.

Bowen won't be around forever and Ty's in the twilight of his career. He's carrying multiple injuries and does not look comfortable at all at fullback.

Gallant deserves a go at least.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah I think that's very likely Tal, and it's not likely he doesn't have the potential to be.It's all about his confidence in himself and if you see Ty's body language compared to pre injury it's scary how different he is.

I think King might be giving Ty time to be fit for tomorrow's match because running down Morris has got to have been some sort of break through and that might have been just what it took.
He's still very, very fast when he is put in a situation where he absolutely must run at full speed but it happens rarely...if you watch him...he's still very tentative and won't just leg it.
It must have been very painful for me, and the rehab must have been difficult.

Yeah I think that's very likely Tal, and it's not likely he doesn't have the potential to be.It's all about his confidence in himself and if you see Ty's body language compared to pre injury it's scary how different he is.

I think King might be giving Ty time to be fit for tomorrow's match because running down Morris has got to have been some sort of break through and that might have been just what it took.
He's still very, very fast when he is put in a situation where he absolutely must run at full speed but it happens rarely...if you watch him...he's still very tentative and won't just leg it.

I remember an article about Mango ,where Tim Horan was explaining how hard it was to overcome bad knee injuries ....he said alot of it was mentally challenging. he said it could take something like 18 months or more to get your confidence back.
The biggest problem was convincing yourself to play excatly like you used to ,but your brain tells you not to because you do not want to go through the pain again.
I agree Shorty ,Last wk Tye had to extend himself & now he knows he can hopefully he can find some of his old form...

Talanexor

Juniors

Agree, it's got to be a mental thing because he showed he's definitely still got the pace when he pushes himself.

If he ran flatout like that every time, I'd happily slot him anywhere in the backline he wanted to play.

Big Pete

Referee
Gallant's game is based around speed and support play. Given we played most of our trials in horrendous weather. He's spent the first 3 rounds running off Shane Muspratt. I can't see how he's been given a chance to shine.

A lot of people will disagree with me on this, but I have a feeling Neil Henry must be thinking of the old Ty Williams who was lightning quick and could find the way to the tryline blindfolded. 2005 Ty Williams.

Bowen won't be around forever and Ty's in the twilight of his career. He's carrying multiple injuries and does not look comfortable at all at fullback.

Gallant deserves a go at least.

So what you're saying is Gallant doesn't get involved in a game unless Muspratt runs the ball?

From all reports, Williams got his spot based on trial form. Not on past reputation.

You don't select players for the sake of blooding, that's such an Millward move...obviously Henry prefers Williams in Bowen's absence and I'm sure he's justified there.

beave

Coach
that is f$%king awesome new, Carl needs a week or 22 in the ressies.............

The Pain Game

Juniors
Looks like Tupou and J Williams and switching wing sides. J Williams with Tonga, which seems pretty safe, and we will have Ashley Graham and Will Tupou together. Add that to Ray Thompson and Steve Rapira who will defend on that right side. And yeah, Leeson to replace Webb too.

Talanexor

Juniors
Jeez, sounds like we're trying to reshuffle the whole backline to accomodate Ash Graham

I don't get it. Is Tupou playing wing or centre?

Big Pete

Referee
Good victory, certainly the best performance the boys have put together this season.

The fullback position looks filled for at least the time being. It was great to see Gallant take his chance with both hands and I hope he keeps it up, not just for the teams sake but as a fan of good Rugby League.

Thompson had a solid debut. Hopefully he continues to develop in first grade.

Tupou, eh.

Forwards were good, Tamou was great off the bench and his performance made a huge difference to the Cowboys.

Tonga was awesome, Williams and Graham both looked good, Scott and Bolton were relentless and the Cowboys look exciting once more.

Time to talk that performance up guys!

TiggaPlease

Gallant was awesome. I wanna find Tim Sheens and punch him in the face a few times for letting him go.

It was amazing how well he understood the thurston's/the cowboy's style in his first game.

Talanexor

Juniors
Didn't really notice Tupou to be honest. But I didn't see Tomane scoring too many tries, so that's good enough for me. I DID notice Graham making tackles and NOT f*cking up under the high/rolling ball. I think his centre days are over.

Ray was solid, without being spectacular, pretty much what I expected. It always takes time to find your feet in first grade as a half, especially when you've got one of the best and most dominant playmakers alongside you.

Gallant was awesome, just awesome. His positioning, his reads, his kick returns, everything just screams that he is a natural fullback, and a good one too.

Then again, the titans played pretty poorly and never really looked that threatening. The only player who troubled us was Minichiello. And he was scoring through the middle, not the right edge. I think we may have finally plugged that hole.

Gee we looked good last night. Lots of ball movement, lots of offloads, energetic in defence. I'm stoked with this game.

macnaz

Staff member
Im really over the moon mighty mouse had a good game and showed the NQ fans what he can do. I was a bit worried he may have a shocker and then justify Henry's call not to select him in the previous rounds. Also keep in mind he wouldnt have trained with these guys so to slot in with last minute notice and perform like that is amazing.and shows he aint no rookie or fringe 1st grader but a talented player waiting for the oppurtunity to shine. After Galllant has shown a small glimpse of what he can do i hope ppl here now understand why i talk this guy up so much, and many at tigertown hate Tim shines even more now for letting him go.

Last edited:

Latest posts