What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs. Warriors Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
Warriors vs. Brisbane Broncos
Moreton Daily Stadium, Saturday 2 April 2022
Kick Off: 2:00pm (AEST)

WAR2022TEAM.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Adam Pompey 3. Jesse Arthars 4. Rocco Berry 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Chanel Harris-Tavita 7. Kodi Nikorima 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Matt Lodge 11. Euan Aitken 12. Eliesa Katoa 13. Josh Curran

Interchange: 14. Jazz Tevaga 15. Bunty Afoa 16. Aaron Pene 17. Jack Murchie

Reserves: 18. Taniela Otukolo 20. Ben Murdoch-Masila 21. Pride Petterson-Robati 22. Peesi Kepu 23. Junior Ratuva 24. Shaun Johnson 25. Edward Kosi

BRI2022TEAM.png

1. Tesi Niu 2. Corey Oates 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Selwyn Cobbo 6. Albert Kelly 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Ryan James 9. Jake Turpin 10. Payne Haas 11. Keenan Palasia 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan

Interchange: 14. Thomas Flegler 15. Kobe Hetherington 16. TC Robati 17. Billy Walters

Reserves: 18. David Mead 19. Rhys Kennedy 20. Corey Jensen 21. Jordan Pereira 22. Cory Paix 23. Brenko Lee 24. Kurt Capewell

Big Pete

Referee
The return of Tom Flegler headlines a very interesting team-list from Kevin Walters. Despite reports that Riki will be missing a few weeks as he nurses a painful rib cartilidge injury he's been named to play while Kurt Capewell has been named in reserves after sustaining a calf injury. Interesting Badel reported that he'll most likely play in what appears to be a bit of ducks and drakes from Walters.

It's shaping up to be a very important game for Walters. The Broncos will have to bounce back and quick after the disappointing performance against the Cowboys. A few star players will be looking to make ammends as well as a few of the rookies who were taught a lesson on the weekend.

Showtime

Juniors
I still suspect we might be a poorly coached side but we have some absolute plodders. Niu looks like a hooker pretending to be a fullback. Our spine is horrific, Turpin and Niu offer absolutely nothing so it’s not surprising we offer nothing in the 20.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Not even NRL standard sadly. There are so many issues with this team, but where do you start?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Do you see any improvement? I think we got lucky with the souths and dogs wins.

We were awful against the dogs and we were lucky to win.

I think it's fair to say we were ok against Souths (although they didn't play that well).

But taking into account the trials and NRL games so far, the Souths game was an outlier for us. I just knew there was trouble with everyone blowing smoke up our ass after winning the first two games. Most people say to not read into the trials, which I generally agree with, but you could plainly see that we had no coherence at all.

I think we have probably improved defensively, slightly, maybe.

Big Pete

Referee
Warriors 20 def. Brisbane Broncos 6 (Reynolds try; Reynolds goal)

2-2

It was just one of those afternoons for the Broncos. Already at a disadvantage after the loss of Riki and Capewell in the build-up, they lost Kelly and Carrigan early in the contest and just couldn't get themselves into the contest.

Tom Flegler made his return from a four week suspension and had an unhappy afternoon. Flegler was placed on report for four seperate incidents and served 10 minutes in the sin-bin after two pieces of foul play all in the one play.

They were fortunate to only lose by that margin. The Warriors weren't great themselves but the Broncos attack failed to really apply any pressure. Once again they kept turning to Kotoni Staggs who struggled to make an impact and the Broncos just couldn't string enough quality plays together. Right as they would earn a quick play the ball, they'd produce a poor offload or the ball would end up in the wrong player's hands. With Staggs struggling and the aforementioned injuries the Broncos were utterly loss.

It was difficult to draw too many positives from the game. Haas again was tireless in the middle with 19 carries for 176m and 91 PCM along with 45 tackles.