What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos: Thursday 8th April 7:50pm @Stadium Australia

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’m very flat tonight after what’s been happening with Reyno but I’ll be fired up tomorrow as always no doubt and will be out at Homebush tomorrow night!

I think we will win by around 14 points.

Won’t be as easy as some think.

callmack1

Staff member
Well it's been a short week but we're there, it's finally game day!! A big game for us tonight (considering who we're missing) as we go up against the Broncos in what should be a heated clash. The Broncos were never considered a 'big' rival for us but that all changed a few years ago with the infamous coach swap. Since then, there's been so much bad blood between us and Brisbane and it's propelled them to 'big' rival status in my eyes. One coach may longer be there to add the extra spice but I don't feel any less passionate in my dislike for that club. So I'm expecting it to be a firey clash too. Our over all record against them is poor too so beating them is always sweet.

Some people will look at this and think, "easy win Souths," but I don't see it that way at all. The Broncos have a far better roster on paper than their ladder position suggests. They have been seriously underperforming in recent times. I feel that at some point, they're going to click and that could be against us tonight, who knows? He have to be prepared for that. They'll come out firing looking to make an early statement and we must weather that and over come it. So yes, it's not going to be an easy game but the reality is that if we want to be a top four side, these are the games we must win.

For us, it's been a distracting week externally. News of Cody and Keaon being suspended, and the news about Wayne and Reyno seems to have exploded the past few days, it's everywhere! So externally, there's a lot of stuff going on. However, internally, the boys must ensure it's not a distraction at all and I feel this is our biggest hurdle tonight. We need full focus from everyone tonight and we'll find out if the boys are in the right space mentally within the first twenty minutes. On another note, it's going to be really interesting to see how we go without both suspended players but Cody in particular. I have full faith in the guys replacing them and am actually really looking forward to seeing them as well as Latrell, Reyno and Cookie stand up to cover Cody's loss.

On your feet everyone, fire up!! It's almost time to go!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well once again game day is here. IT IS THAT TIME ONCE AGAIN TO FFIIRREEE UUUPPPP!! We can’t take Brisbane lightly they’re better than the Bulldogs. We need to block out the outside noise and focus on the task at hand and that starts with doing the little things well and being disciplined, completing our sets highly and defending well DONT LET THEM OFFLOAD!! I have full faith in Benji and Host starting tonight. Hopefully we are well ahead so in the last 15-20mins Hawkins can come on. If we wanna make the top 4 these ones are the games we simply have to win cant afford to drop them. Being a Thursday Night probs won’t be a big crowd but we can sure make it a loud one! I’ll be there tonight I AM PUMPED!!!!

In the words of Jez, ok as we look down the tunnel her at Stadium Australia we can see the boys from Brisbane starting to male their way down the tunnel, Rabbitohs members and supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Brisbane Broncos!...........

AT AROUND 7:53PM TONIGHT OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME ONCE AGAIN TO GET ON YOUR FFEEETTTTT!!! STOMP YOUR FEET CLAP YOUR HANDS SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY COME ONTO HOME TURF YYOOUUURRR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRAAABBBBIIITTTOOOHHHHHSSSSSS!!!!

GLORY GLORY!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
The squad aren’t happy for Reyno Mark Levy spoke to a senior player today and they’re disgusted in Ello and Solly and this player and another will consider leaving if Reyno goes! Like Levy and Jim Wilson said it will tear our club apart!

I’ll get the audio for you later tonight after the game!

All the players love Reyno this senior player said and they’ll do anything for him

@callmack1

callmack1

Staff member
From Zero Tackle,

Rabbitohs debutant already an off-field star

Dean Hawkins was only informed by Wayne Bennett on Tuesday that he’d be making his NRL debut this week, but this maiden first-grade appearance has been a long time coming.

Hawkins will come off the bench against the Broncos on Thursday night, likely into the halves with Benji Marshall to slot back into the drifting lock role he’s been filling over the opening month of the competition.

Rising through the Rabbitohs’ ranks via their Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup side, the 22-year-old has drawn comparisons to teammate

Adam Reynolds with his astute kicking game and playmaking abilities. Though while Reynolds honed his trade on the streets of Redfern, kicking a footy at lamp posts and garbage bins, Hawkins had a different method.

Better known as ‘Footy Dean’ online, Hawkins ran his own YouTube channel at age 13, showing the world his footballing ability. Whether it be a short kick, a flick pass or showing us ‘how to make a line break’, the halfback has the skills in his arsenal to make an impact.

Former teammate Jack Johns gave followers a taste of Hawkins’ most viewed video, ‘Kid kicks off a cone into a small hole (10m)’, via his Instagram story, showing a young Hawkins giving fans a taste of his kicking game.

If you thought that was impressive, wait until you see the youngster perfect his flick pass in another show of the debutant’s ability.

With a whopping near 700 views on his ‘Kid kicks off a cone into a small hole’ video, there’s no doubt that Hawkins is already a star before he runs onto Stadium Australia tonight.

How much game time he sees will dictate how much of this wide skillset fans will get to see, but regardless, best of luck to Dean on his debut!

Rabbits20

Immortal
@Jim Rockford you know how I feel mate. We are on our way in bad traffic and I can’t focus on the game I’m getting very emotional re Adam I have tears in my eyes.

Johns was just on Levy sports show saying give him 2 years. Roosters fans are messaging saying give him 2 years.

I will get you the audio tonight mate you’ll have to listen I know how much Adam means to you like me some others on here I don’t think get the connection I feel.

Levy was on fire and I couldn’t have put it any better myself.

Levy and his passionate plea brought tears to my eyes.

3rd most capped player tonight as well equal with Bobby and no talk from the club!

WAKE UP SOLLY ANE ELLO YOU GUTLESS IDIOTS AND HAVE A HEART!!!

My Dad is thinking of going to our headquarters at end of year if Reyno is gone and cutting his membership card out. Will say you spat Adam all against what we are about I can no longer give money but will still support Souths but Solly and Ello have ruined the fabric of our club and treated our legend like a piece of shit!!!

Jim Rockford

Bench
Near the Burrow.

Don’t worry mate I’ll get you the audio goes for around 15mins.

LETS GET THE THERE IS ONLY ONE ADAM REYNOLDS CHANT GOING
Keep your eye out for me.I'm the tall guy (6'6'') in the Red and Green hoodie with another guy in a Parra jersey as well as his teenage daughter and young son.

Latest posts