What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos: Thursday 8th April 7:50pm @Stadium Australia

callmack1

Staff member
It's time for us to move on to another big week as we turn our attention to the Broncos on Thursday night. Brisbane have become a pretty big rival of ours in recent years due to the Seibold vs Bennett factor as well as various players jumping ship and joining us from Brisbane. While the coach factor is no longer there, I'm sure some of the stuff said between the two clubs over the years has not been forgotten and I'm sure the wounds are still there. It may not have the added spice but it is still a big rivalry and I expect it to be quite firey still.

No doubt the Broncos are struggling, there's no doubt about that. However, similar to last week's game against another struggling side in the Bulldogs, he have to head into this week with full focus and we have to make sure we don't get ahead of ourselves. We simply cannot afford to take them lightly that's for sure or it will come back to bite us. I said it last week and I'll say it again, in the past we have performed poorly in games we're expected to win so we must make sure that is not the case here. Brisbane will be desperate. They'll want a win so badly. Still plenty of dangerous players out there for them too, particularly in the forward pack with the likes of Haas and Pangai Jnr and they have to potential to lay a good platform for the likes of Milford and Issako to work some magic if we're not careful.

It's going to be an interesting week for us considering who we're missing. Cody and Keaon are actually quite big losses and it'll be interesting to see if our attack suffers without Cody in particular. Obviously Benji will slot straight into 5/8 and we all know how legendary he is so I have no doubt he can do a job but Cody is 'our man' and we rely on him a lot so how will we go without him? I'm actually kind of excited to see how we cope. Once agin, we need to make sure we're ruthless with our ball handling, last week just got a pass mark in terms of errors and completion rate so there's still room for improvement there. And hopefully we can continue to build on two great defensive performances in a row.

So yea, really looking forward to Thursday night!!

Last edited:

Mad Bunny

Juniors
It's time for us to move on to another big week as we turn our attention to the Broncos on Thursday night. Brisbane have become a pretty big rival of ours in recent years due to the Seibold vs Bennett factor as well as various players jumping ship and joining us from Brisbane. While the coach factor is no longer there, I'm sure some of the stuff said between the two clubs over the years has not been forgotten and I'm sure the wounds are still there. It may not have the added spice but it is still a big rivalry and I expect it to be quite firey still.

No doubt the Broncos are struggling, there's no doubt about that. However, similar to last week's game against another struggling side in the Bulldogs, he have to head into this week with full focus and we have to make sure we don't get ahead of ourselves. We simply cannot afford to take them lightly that's for sure or it will come back to bite us. I said it last week and I'll say it again, in the past we have performed poorly in games we're expected to win so we must make sure that is not the case here. Brisbane will be desperate. They'll want a win so badly. Still plenty of dangerous players out there for them too, particularly in the forward pack with the likes of Haas and Pangai Jnr and they have to potential to lay a good platform for the likes of Milford and Issako to work some magic if we're not careful.

It's going to be an interesting week for us considering who we're missing. Cody and Keaon are actually quite big losses and it'll be interesting to see if our attack suffers without Cody in particular. Obviously Benji will slot straight into 5/8 and we all know how legendary he is so I have no doubt he can do a job but Cody is 'our man' and we rely on him a lot so how will we go without him? I'm actually kind of excited to see how we cope. Once agin, we need to make sure we're ruthless with our ball handling, last week just got a pass mark in terms of errors and completion rate so there's still room for improvement there. And hopefully we can continue to build on two great defensive performances in a row.

So yea, really looking forward to Thursday night!!

Callmack get ready for reyno to stand up and get man of the match glory glory to reyno.

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted side for this week since there will be a few changes,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Gagai
4. Graham
5. Mansour
6. Marshall
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Burgess
9. Cook
10. Tatola
11. Host
12. Su'A
13. Murray

14. Hawkins
15. Nicholls
16. Mago
17. Arrow

The obvious one is Benji straight into 5/8 for Cody. Some want Murray to shift to the second row to cover Koloamatangi, with Arrow coming into lock but I think Hosty will come straight into the starting side with Cam and Jai staying where they are. In my opinion, we're more balanced that way and I think Wayne loves Arrow off the bench, I certainly do.

Dean Hawkins also looks set to make his debut from the bench. Campbell was talking about it in his media interview today and it was mentioned on another forum that Dean's Mum confirmed on Facebook he's going to debut on Thursday night. If true, that's awesome for him and his family!! It's a great sign as he's obviously worked hard and has overtaken Dargan in the pecking order. Wayne obviously wants to stick with the playmaker on the bench model too which isn't a bad idea.

Aside from these changes, we'll name the same side as last week.

Last edited:

Mad Bunny

Juniors
I’d prefer a 4 forward bench.

Hi R20 We have no forwards left they are all injured or suspended as in keon koloamatangi case for 2 weeks.i suggest having hawkins on the bench is good cover for benji marshall when he needs a breather.i think Callmack is spot on in his 1-17 mate by adding Dean hawkins on the bench at present.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hi R20 We have no forwards left they are all injured or suspended as in keon koloamatangi case for 2 weeks.i suggest having hawkins on the bench is good cover for benji marshall when he needs a breather.i think Callmack is spot on in his 1-17 mate by adding Dean hawkins on the bench at present.
I thought Sele was back this week!

Travitoh

First Grade
Here's my predicted side for this week since there will be a few changes,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Gagai
4. Graham
5. Mansour
6. Marshall
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Burgess
9. Cook
10. Tatola
11. Host
12. Su'A
13. Murray

14. Hawkins
15. Nicholls
16. Mago
17. Arrow

The obvious one is Benji straight into 5/8 for Cody. Some want Murray to shift to the second row to cover Koloamatangi, with Arrow coming into lock but I think Hosty will come straight into the starting side with Cam and Jai staying where they are. In my opinion, we're more balanced that way and I think Wayne loves Arrow off the bench, I certainly do.

Dean Hawkins also looks set to make his debut from the bench. Campbell was talking about it in his media interview today and it was mentioned on another forum that Dean's Mum confirmed on Facebook he's going to debut on Thursday night. If true, that's awesome for him and his family!! It's a great sign as he's obviously worked hard and has overtaken Dargan in the pecking order. Wayne obviously wants to stick with the playmaker on the bench model too which isn't a bad idea.

Aside from these changes, we'll name the same side as last week.

Same line up for me. Opportunity to see where Hawkins is at in regards to being first grade quality.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Team List for Round 5: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/04/06/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-five/

Very happy with the team named today, it's exactly as I predicted!! This week really shows the quality of our depth because you look at the guys we are missing, and then look at the guys we're bringing in! Benji, Hosty and Hawkins. Hame and Jaxson back in the 21 man squad too! It's still an awesome side. Really excited for Deano, he's been waiting a while but will finally make his debut, I hope he gets some decent minutes.

So yea, still a very strong side this week! Keen as!

callmack1

Staff member