What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Dragons: Saturday 9th April 5:30pm @Accor Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Righteo, time to look towards Round 5 and the Dragons. This is a super important week for us, a crucial week because I feel this game is a must win. We just have to walk away with the win on Saturday, there's no two ways about it. We must start a bit of a run this week and we must live our Season record to 2-3. As I said, we just have to.

Standing in our way is the Dragons who are one of our great rivals, always a big game when we play. While this rivalry perhaps doesn't have the hate or spite of our past two weeks, there's no doubt it's still a traditional rivalry built on respect really. Our history with the Dragons stretches back over 100 years now and I'm looking forward to adding to that.

It's hard to know what to make of St George Illawarra this year. They looked really good early on but have kind of stumbled a little. In my opinion, that's dangerous for us. They were hammered last night and will be really fired up to bounce into this week and try and turn it around so we need to beware of the wounded Dragon this week. I do think they're a different side to last year, the Charity Shield proved that so no doubt they are capable of turning it around so we must be wary. Got some real strike in their side with a big forward pack containing the likes of Molo, Lawrie, Bird, Sims and De Belin; A smart hooker in Andrew McCullough and then a strike backline with guys like Sloan, Ravalawa, Lomax and Suli so we need to be on our toes. The forward battle is key. Win there, and I'm confident we can win in the outside backs.

Just like the Dragons, we have some turning around of our own to do this week. Friday night against the Panthers wasn't what we wanted and we have a lot to work on if we want to get the result on Saturday. The main focus should be ball control. Hold the ball, hold the ball, hold the bloody ball! If I was JD, I'd be drilling it into the boys all week. We have to improve our consistency with our completion rate and that starts this week. You can't win Footy game completing at 63% so that simply has to improve. We need some defensive work put into us this week too and I'm expecting a big improvement in that area. We have so much to play for this week and as I said, we must get the win. Playing back at home will be a big help.

So it might be cliche, but this week really is a danger game but it's vitally important we get the two points against our traditional rivals the Dragons. We need to pack Accor Stadium so if you are able to get there, do it!! Let's get behind the boys. Bring on Saturday!!!

Last edited:

Rabbit57

Juniors
Latrell continues to be hung out to dry by South Sydney: https://www.theroar.com.au/2022/04/04/latrell-continues-to-be-hung-out-to-dry-by-south-sydney/

Stupid article in my opinion.
I think he makes a lot of sense have said so a number of times on this forum and accept that it is an unpopular view. Mitchell cannot do what Papenhuyzen does at fullback but he can outplay any centre in the game. For Souths to replace the dodgiest centre in the game with the best would make a big difference to our effectiveness. Taafe’s energy at fullback and his support game up the middle would make us more dangerous when the forwards are rolling down field. It’s not about the individual it is how we can get all the best players on the field.

callmack1

Staff member
My predicted line up for Round 5 against the Dragons is,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Milne
4. Graham
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Knight
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Host
15. Havili
16. Burgess
17. Moale

This is the way I see it. Knight is the one most likely to move into the starting side to replace Nicho as he has been playing the last couple of weeks and I feel he can handle it. Arrow starting in the middle with Hosty on the left edge is an option too but I think Davvy is the next man up (and that's what I'd most like to see) which would leave us with no second rowers on the bench, hence why I think Knighty will start so it leaves Jai and Hosty where they are.

southsport

First Grade
I think he makes a lot of sense have said so a number of times on this forum and accept that it is an unpopular view. Mitchell cannot do what Papenhuyzen does at fullback but he can outplay any centre in the game. For Souths to replace the dodgiest centre in the game with the best would make a big difference to our effectiveness. Taafe’s energy at fullback and his support game up the middle would make us more dangerous when the forwards are rolling down field. It’s not about the individual it is how we can get all the best players on the field.
Totally agree but it's hard to educate the "great unwashed" about these facts.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Latrell
AJ
Campbell
Milne
Paulo
Cody
Ilias
Tatola
Cook
Tom
Keaon
Arrow
Murray

Taaffe
Host
Knight
Moale

Mansour
Havili

Thats what I predict

handyman2190

Bench
Perfect opportunity to give Karapani a go on the wing. It’s all good first grade experience before he is given a chance at centre later in the year.
Honestly id put karapani in the centres or maybe put him on the wing and taafe in the centres

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Line Up for Round 5 Against Dragons: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/04/05/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-five/

A bit different to how I expected but I'm happy with the team for the most part! A pretty strong side! Only thing I don't agree with is the selection of Mansour. We had defensive problems down that right edge last week and surely Sauce is not the solution to that? I guess he will come in with a point to prove but I'm still not confident given his past few first grade games. Jaxson is still named in the 24 man squad so maybe he's still a chance?

The forward pack is still strong as ever, this will be the first time Tom has started in a while so it'll be interesting to see how he goes. Looking forward to seeing both Taaffey and Davvy back! Also great to see that Hame is back in the squad which hopefully indicates he's fit.

All in all a strong squad! Hurry up and get here Saturday!!!

Latest posts