Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Warriors: Saturday 13th April 3pm @Sunshine Coast Stadium

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by callmack1, Apr 8, 2019.

1. callmack1

callmack1 Moderator Staff Member

Honestly cannot wait for this one!!! We need a good rebound from the boys after last week and hopefully they are fired up, switched on and ready to show that the performance against Manly wasn't us.

Great for us to take a game to the Sunshine Coast too!!

No doubt I'll be getting plenty of stick from my workmates about this during the week but I'm gonna give it back don't you worry about that!!!!

2. Go Bunnies

Go Bunnies Juniors

I’m off to the Sunshine Coast. Hopefully the boys handle the warmer daytime conditions better than last weekend and also better than the Warriors.

callmack1 likes this.
  3. callmack1

4. Travitoh

Travitoh Bench

Like the selling of a game to Nth Queensland in previous years, I'm not a fan of selling a game to a stadium that is a little over an hour away from Suncorp Stadium.

I know that the draw was confirmed well before the NRL began expansion suggestions but what good does South Sydney playing North of Brisbane do the competition and the game of rugby league? Surely the NRL have some say in the selling of home games. This is an area that Brisbane or Gold Coast should be used in but that's another discussion.

IMO, if our games aren't going to go country NSW or to expansion areas then what is the point?

Go Bunnies likes this.
  5. Oldmate

Oldmate Juniors

Sutton needs to be coming off the bench, Lowe can play the first 55. Turner offers very little and I think Britt should be given his chance, in the backline I think moving Graham to centre and Hiroti to the wing would be a better option than using Gagan to replace Inglis, fingers crossed the big man is back this week

6. callmack1

7. callmack1

My predicted Line Up for Round 5,

1. Johnston
    2. Allan
    3. Gagan
    4. Gagai
    5. Graham
    6. Walker
    7. Reynolds
    8. Tatola
    9. Cook
    10. T.Burgess
    11. Sutton
    12. S.Burgess (C)
    13. Murray

14. Lowe
    15. Knight
    16. Nicholls
    17. G.Burgess

Gagan was average last week but he should be given another go.

8. Oldmate

Oldmate Juniors

Gagan was rubbish, give Graham a shot at centre, the position he played when he captained the Aussie schoolboys, and give hiroti a go on the wing, he’s a weapon and he can kick goals

dudley G likes this.
  9. Go Bunnies

Go Bunnies Juniors

It does seem a strange decision for a Rabbits home game as Sunshine Coast is s feeder for Melbourne - surely Melbourne should be taking games there!

Travitoh likes this.
  10. 250excf

250excf Juniors

I think giving Hirohito his debut against the warriors huge backline could destroy his confidence, Maumalo , Fusitua etc are huge powerful units

11. 250excf

250excf Juniors

Hiroti

12. Pommy

Pommy Coach

Turner in the centres is interesting

Rabbit toes likes this.
  13. Rabbit toes

Rabbit toes Bench

I like it. Stiffens up the defence, plus he’s no slouch in attack.
    Liam knight back on the bench.

callmack1 and dudley G like this.
  14. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

No surprise.

Bennett likes defensive centres eg Tony Carroll.

15. callmack1

Round 5 NRL Line Up to play Warriors: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/04/09/round-5-nrl-line-up-to-play-warriors/

Interesting Line Up this week but I think I'm happy with it. Turner in the centres is a bit of a gamble but no doubt he will stiffen up that side defensively and will hopefully be good when coming out of our own end.

Great to see Knight back in the side too!! I loved his work in the first two Rounds.

16. callmack1

bunny hopped likes this.
  17. Oldmate

Oldmate Juniors

Stoked to see Knight back, him Tatola and the twins makes for a relentless front row rotation. Think Nicholls is dead weight on the bench, would much rather Kennedy given another run. Turner at centre is worrying for me, his lack of speed in defence could hurt us but I prefer him to Gagan. Not worried about his attack as his direct line running will compliment Cody’s lateral attack beautifully. Hopefully he’s marking Kata

18. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

I watched the souths canterbury cup last week, rys kennedy dropped or surrendered possession nearly every time he was given the ball, it was worse than watching george play,id rather nichols

19. Oldmate

Oldmate Juniors

Just saw his stats for last weekend, 4 errors, definitely not good enough for first grade, fair call Handyman. He is a strong ball runner though with a great off load and enthusiasm in defence. With our current pack we need dynamic forwards coming off the bench, Nicholls is safe and reliable but very one dimensional. Hopefully Britt is back to full health soon, showed some great form towards the back end of last year, scored a few tries in reserve grade and runs exceptional lines.

20. Oldmate

Oldmate Juniors

@Handyman, having watched the Canterbury cup games, what’s your opinion on Amone and Koloamatangi, the latter seems to be really coming of age, I see he’s been playing lock, Do you know if he’s more of a prop or backrower? Can’t find much info