1. Round 10 Edition OUT NOW:

The Magic Round issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

A packed Magic Round issue looks ahead to the weekend at Suncorp, with more stories including an opinion piece on a recent court verdict, news from Victoria, and a chat to Knights' rookie Phoenix Crossland - plus the full match program for Round 10 of the NRL and teams & results for NSWRL, QRL and more.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 10 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 5 - time for a scrub

Discussion in 'Cronulla Sutherland Sharks' started by shaggs, Apr 10, 2021.

1. shaggs

shaggs First Grade

1. William - much safer and was very good in the first half. Second half when we had a chance we were too lateral. And he doesn’t work well with lateral.
    2. Hiroti - was ok. Not a first grader. Career squad guy. It shows
    3. Duges - solidish
    4. Ramien - attack wise when he runs early he looks strong. Defensively he isn’t very smart
    5. Ron - Is there someone else available? Something missing for him this year. Mental issues??
    6. Matt - defensive was strong again. Attack needs earlier ball
    7. The one and only - first half strong. Second half played off the back off dominated forwards. Defensively was dreadful in that last 20
    8. BHU - is something missing for this bloke this year??
    9. Blayke - did his job. Defended bravely
    10. Aaron - we were better when he was on the field
    11. Wilton - did enough to keep nikora out, but he will replace wade on the left. (Nikora right edge)
    12. Wade - no rating. Dreadful technique. Needs a fortnight off
    13. Toby - Brought his energy.
    14. Conor. - valuable input
    15. Tolman - didn’t notice him being good or bad. So I guess he did his job
    16. Williams - was pretty good. Bench edge is his go.
    17. Billy - was ok. Maybe a yard too slow for a team like the roosters.

imasharkie, Frenzy. and blue bags like this.
  2. Stake Removed

Stake Removed Moderator Staff Member

Hiroti had bad miss on Morris for his try he waited didn't go in

blue bags likes this.
  3. shaggs

shaggs First Grade

That’s correct. That’s why I said he wasn’t nrl level. A career squad player

Eion and blue bags like this.
  4. Stake Removed

For a bottom 4 team, the rabbits didn't think he was up to bring in top 30

blue bags likes this.
  5. shaggs

shaggs First Grade

You have heard of money and what it is used for right? We have a least 8-10 guys on minimum wage. He is one of them

6. Eion

Eion First Grade

What shat me the most was the drags out to touch. 2 of 3 of those our blokes should have stopped it. Weren’t thinking/ didn’t have the mongrel to win at all cost.

Cheese sandwich and Frenzy. like this.
  7. Stake Removed

That was the one on Ronaldo when Ramien and Chad looked

Cheese sandwich and Eion like this.
  8. Eion

Eion First Grade

He’s a stop gap. May develop over time as seems a confidence player, but wouldn’t be in the side but for injuries

shaggs likes this.
  9. Eion

Eion First Grade

That was piss poor.

Geez noodles does some dumb shit, but Chad snoozing as well. Not good enough

10. Frenzy.

Frenzy. Immortal

Yes but 2 or 3 of them the blokes were dragged into touch, not held up on their feet and pushed over. Probably should have been penalties to us.

The other leg up the Roosters got was with their back 5 being always allowed to crib 3-4 metres at the ruck. I don't know how a referee missing obvious shit like that

Thick Skinned Shark likes this.
  11. SharkShocked

SharkShocked Bench

Ronnies fault this one. Took a great catch. Took the contact then tried to push off and steal a few more metres when he should have been smart enough to hit the deck. Others were lazy around him but it was inexperience again by Ron.

imasharkie likes this.
  12. Eion

Eion First Grade

Maybe. 50/50. But for shits sake, I tell my 7 year old to play for the whistle

13. Eion

Eion First Grade

Don’t know about that, thought he was trying to get to the ground. But the roosters were really trying for the drag out all game. Support should have been awake to it. Chad was standing there appealing to the ref

14. Griffoshark66

Griffoshark66 First Grade

That was f**ked. That's the issue right there.

15. Craigshark

Craigshark First Grade

That loss will probably take a bit to get over. They looked like they wanted it pretty bad, for at least the first 60 minutes anyway. That’s the thing that sucks the most about losing that game, the confidence they would have gained. I would have really liked our chances of running up a score against newcastle next week. Now who knows.

16. BatteredFlake

BatteredFlake Juniors

Really think some peoples demands on Morris are grossly unfair given the situation he inherited . In saying that next yr Sharks will have cap money and really MUST shore up the weak positions . Morris has never been in position with money to spend and its a different ball game . None of the names thrown up have been in position of being head coach with core of young side and needing to bring in some guns. I don't see any who are less risk than Morris . Only one I can think of (and I expect to be shot down in Flames).......... is Wayne Bennet . 1 year during recruitment phase , bit of mentoring for Morris. Contract with clause of bonus for the teams performance the yr after he leaves. Maybe not feasable but makes as much sense as bringing in Fitzgibbon or even Bellamy who has only really had success with the Storm NRL darlings.

17. Weaponhead

Weaponhead First Grade

Exactly.
    Its a sliding doors game. Go on with it and the story is about Sharks getting a big scalp. The capitulation creates all the noise about Morris and the Sharks not having it against the big teams.

The last 18 minutes was awful. Defence is what they have said they worked on and it was poor. No point crying about no ball. Concede 4 tries in 18 minutes and you wont have any ball. The 4 one on one misses were just not good enough. They should have been stopped.

There are good improvements in this squad. They are playing with more intensity (apart from that 18 mins). The ball movement and skill level is good. Kennedy has really grown as a player. Brailey is quality.

18. Stake Removed

Uele has now gone backwards.
    Morris can't get Fifita to retire, look at difference with Bennett he gets players to medically retire.
    He even got James Roberts to forgo his contract

19. Special K

Special K Coach

I like Bomber but I don't get how he talks about standards etc then picks Chad every week. He had two missed tackles of basically rookie halves for 2 tries with the game on the line. That is ridiculous.

chewsta and Craigshark like this.
  20. chewsta

chewsta First Grade

For The first time this year they looked tired in the back end of the game. Not surprising really, we have been in some pretty full on games over the last few weeks.

Frenzy. and R-15-3 like this.