What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Canberra

The games on the weekend were pathetic as spectacles , he needed to find some excuse to gloss over .
Both he and Hooper are still heaping Ivan for W/T failure.
"Let them eat cake".

betcats

Referee
I love how Kent talks about good culture, character and class like he has f**king clue what any of those things are. The guy defends Ricky for slagging off Salmon for an incident that happened when Salmon 12 but Salmon and Cleary say something a couple months later the next time we play them and apparently they have waited to long to reply and should've just let it go.

martielang

Bench
People get way too upset about Kent and co. having an opinion that differs from Penrith is god. He's creating some drama and obviously doing his best to defend his mate who is rightfully getting hammered. Who cares. His argument doesn't even make sense which is the best bit of it all.

WestyLife

First Grade
Paul Kent’s comments were totally unwarranted and uninformed. He has a genuine dislike of Penrith as individuals and as a team. He has no idea what the culture is in the team, club or through the juniors.
His protectiveness of Stuart goes too far. Stuart is a god as far as he is concerned and can do no wrong.
He has an inflated opinion of himself and acts as if everything he says is gospel, and if you don’t agree with him then you are wrong or stupid.
surely Fox could find somebody better to cohost 360.

It's not anti Panthers so much as pro Ricky Stuart. Any club would've copped it for Kent to defend his mate.

Munky

Coach
Kent's entire rise up the ranks at Newscorp is likely due to access to Stuart during the early 00s and his coaching stints at a successful Roosters then NSW/Aus.

Likely some serious quid pro quo going on.

BxTom

Bench
After hearing and seeing the rant I quite agree.

Kent is kent. I loved last night how Ginnane, Badel and even Buzz came out in favour of Penrith.

When I saw the incident and Ivan's reaction I knew what Kent's focus on Monday would be.

Bring it on.
Kent is such a poor excuse for a jourbalist that he can't even spell his surname. Replace the E with a U and it's correct.

Pjf04b

Juniors
He is a sad, lonely, little being (was going to say man but it doesn’t fit him) who is losing the plot big time.

age.s

First Grade
People get way too upset about Kent and co. having an opinion that differs from Penrith is god. He's creating some drama and obviously doing his best to defend his mate who is rightfully getting hammered. Who cares. His argument doesn't even make sense which is the best bit of it all.
I agree with all this as a general comment and I wouldn't recommend clicking or giving Paul merkin the support of your attention (let alone money), but honestly the ongoing, very publicly made claims that Salmon is a poor quality human based on a one-sided, entirely unverified account of words that were spoken when he was a 12 y/o boy are unusually disgusting, even accounting for the circus like nature of the RL media. We're not talking about churlish complaints about post-try celebrations or playing style, it's bordering on defamation both here and with the general, quite personal insults directed at other players for quite innocuous indiscretions (ie, Luai's wedding speech). Not sure what can (or should) be done about it, but really doesn't sit right with me and I think quite a few others.

Pomoz

Bench
I was very impressed with Smith. The Raiders targeted him and tried to belt him hard and they are not a small pack. He took it all and came back for more. The substance and character is there, he just needs to have a good offseason on the weights to add a bit of beef, it will help improve his collision impact. Not too much though, his mobility is good and remembering ME's best saying "you might be strong enough to lift a cow, but you've gotta catch it first".

YoungPanther

Juniors
We know Kent reads these forums so I will start the rumour the Panthers have put a huge offer in for Jack Wighton. That should piss off all concerned no end.

I agree with all this as a general comment and I wouldn't recommend clicking or giving Paul merkin the support of your attention (let alone money), but honestly the ongoing, very publicly made claims that Salmon is a poor quality human based on a one-sided, entirely unverified account of words that were spoken when he was a 12 y/o boy are unusually disgusting, even accounting for the circus like nature of the RL media. We're not talking about churlish complaints about post-try celebrations or playing style, it's bordering on defamation both here and with the general, quite personal insults directed at other players for quite innocuous indiscretions (ie, Luai's wedding speech). Not sure what can (or should) be done about it, but really doesn't sit right with me and I think quite a few others.
100% agree with this. And there is quite an insidious undertone of racism about some of the criticism directed at a few of the boys also.

Latest posts