What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Souths

Crush

Coach
I watched and listened to Hooks preview of this upcoming match and spiel of last weeks game. I have been suffering really badly with insomnia and when I woke, the interview was well and truly over - oh dear!

Jamie Sowards interview was all on topic and to the point. No wonder he has had the success of the girls team to date. Good luck to him and the girls for Sunday.
But we were good in the first half last week. Good signs.
Lol

Crush

Coach
As a dragons fan, I usually go through an unhealthy ritual. After a loss I am filthy and generally go straight to bed in disgust. Following week go on the forum and vent, criticise where I see fit. But come game day I wake with a feeling of positivity, today is the day we turn it around perhaps, I always get my hopes up and think we can win this.
I do not feel that way today, we will lose, even if Souths play poorly we won’t be able to get the win, I know it is true, we are as cooked as we were with Mary in charge, I have accepted it.

Illusion

Bench
It will be the same today:
Slow service from the dummy half
Slow up after a tackle
Hunt caught trying to kick
Kerr dropping the ball
Maybe out of position
No look passed from Zac
Blah blah blah
Hope I’m wrong
You can see the future ...... Ah not hard with this mob ..... The first 20min or so we will be thinking they are on their game , their line speed is good , fowards getting over the advantage line , then soon as something goes against them its back to the rubble ...... No plan B not sure even if there is a plan A ...... Im hoping Im wrong and we smash this lot ...... Soon know ..

Dragon David

First Grade
Well anything can happen in this game. Souths will want to put on a score against us because we beat them in the Shield game. We know how to beat them, so bring it on.

As usual, my comments are that our boys need to play the full 80 minutes with the same strong intensity throughout, give little penalties, keep all players on the field, have a high completion rate and to outscore them. Not too much to ask for is it?

I notice Aitken is playing well in the forwards for the Warriors. That is where he should have been playing for the Dragons. All very well in hindsight.
I recall that a few people on this forum argued in favour of Aitken being moved to the back row. I thought he showed a lot of promise early on and he was mooted as an SoO prospect but I remember seeing him get totally owned - tactically and physically - by Latrell one day and after that his progress seemed to stall. In fact, it went retrograde. He might turn out to be one of those journeymen backrowers who picks up a Premiership late in his career.

Dragon David

First Grade
One of the TV shows had a journo saying Sloan was dropped for not organising the defence from fullback. Going quiet.
Who does that remind us of? Sloan will not be happy. Surely the coaches can be blamed for some of this and if it is an attitude thing with Sloan, he better pull his finger out. Nothing is given on a plate in league. The great ones that can last a decade and more in the game do so because they are not quitters.

I have a feeling that the squad of players that we have in reserves and first grade are down in the dumps at the moment for some reason and it is so early in the season. I hope it is temporary.

TruSaint

Referee
As a dragons fan, I usually go through an unhealthy ritual. After a loss I am filthy and generally go straight to bed in disgust. Following week go on the forum and vent, criticise where I see fit. But come game day I wake with a feeling of positivity, today is the day we turn it around perhaps, I always get my hopes up and think we can win this.
I do not feel that way today, we will lose, even if Souths play poorly we won’t be able to get the win, I know it is true, we are as cooked as we were with Mary in charge, I have accepted it.

Sadly agree.

I find no logical reason to see us winning, but I will certainly celebrate being wrong.

justadragon

Bench
Sadly agree.

I find no logical reason to see us winning, but I will certainly celebrate being wrong.
it not something that we all haven't been used to now for many weeks. includes last year as well even the last 10-12 years, that slight feeling that we may actually do something and then the reality of actually what is happening, but i will support them anyway and then sit quietly in a dark room after the game :)))

TruSaint

Referee
it not something that we all haven't been used to now for many weeks. includes last year as well even the last 10-12 years, that slight feeling that we may actually do something and then the reality of actually what is happening, but i will support them anyway and then sit quietly in a dark room after the game :)))

I hear you bro.

FlameThrower

Bench
How many times has he passed the ball?
He doesn't bend the defensive line.
They smash him especially close to their line.
And how many times does he come back on the inside.
He should be nowhere near our attack.
I hope they aren't the instructions.
Like a trombone in the violin section.

BLM01

First Grade
I recall that a few people on this forum argued in favour of Aitken being moved to the back row. I thought he showed a lot of promise early on and he was mooted as an SoO prospect but I remember seeing him get totally owned - tactically and physically - by Latrell one day and after that his progress seemed to stall. In fact, it went retrograde. He might turn out to be one of those journeymen backrowers who picks up a Premiership late in his career.
Not at the Warriors