What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs the Raiders

murraymob

Coach
Clearys kicking game could be the difference.We need this win soon a gap will start to appear for the top 4 sides .The we can start rotating players to give them a rest

panther.mike

Juniors
The raiders are all arms and legs etc in the tackles and take their time getting off [ and getting away with it] We should win but ??????

Kilkenny

Coach
I didn’t see the Titans v Raiders game but looking at the match stats it was rather bizarre to see the Titans won in most areas but were rather soundly beaten in the end.

The Raiders are a tough uncompromising side and we will have to be at our very best.

Hopefully a full house will contribute to us getting the job done.

franklin2323

Immortal
I didn’t see the Titans v Raiders game but looking at the match stats it was rather bizarre to see the Titans won in most areas but were rather soundly beaten in the end.

The Raiders are a tough uncompromising side and we will have to be at our very best.

Hopefully a full house will contribute to us getting the job done.

GC bombed 3 certain tries. That made the score not reflect how close it was

Original Name

Juniors
Everyone carries niggles but I think Leniu's carrying an injury that's slowing him down. Doesn't have the same leg speed I'm used to seeing from him.

This having players play through it and play at 80% is what I must find frustrating about Ivan's coaching. Last year Tetevano played busted in the gf and barely had an impact. Fair enough if it isn't effecting their on field performance but when it is and we have depth it should be a no brainer to rest him and debut Hopgood for 6 rounds or however long it takes. Then hopefully we can have Leniu coming on and tearing up in the finals instead of repeating history again.

MugaB

Coach
Everyone carries niggles but I think Leniu's carrying an injury that's slowing him down. Doesn't have the same leg speed I'm used to seeing from him.

This having players play through it and play at 80% is what I must find frustrating about Ivan's coaching. Last year Tetevano played busted in the gf and barely had an impact. Fair enough if it isn't effecting their on field performance but when it is and we have depth it should be a no brainer to rest him and debut Hopgood for 6 rounds or however long it takes. Then hopefully we can have Leniu coming on and tearing up in the finals instead of repeating history again.
Poor Tetevano, his GFs haunted him at the roosters, im not suprised he finally wanted to be fit for one... our GF issue was not Tetevano, it was simply our defence in the 1st half, we forgot the simple stuff, and in attack tried to play flashy against a very good Storm Unit, dont get me wrong i hate the storm, but we were to nervous and chanced our opportunities, instead of just grinding with them, if Apisai doesn't try to knock Smiths arm for the footy, Cameron probably doesn't score. Nathans Moon Cut out that Vunivalu intercepts/scores. Thats 2 times we tried shìt, that has 10% chance of being favourable for us. Shortcuts!
The 2nd half we didn't go too stupid, yes Papz got that try, thru bad defence, but thats just a great setup by the storm, we didn't try that dumb 10% there, and after To'o scored the rolling panthers score back to back to back,
I know this is all hindsight.. but we win that game if we play the way we are playing now, im not seeing the dumb 10% plays, im seeing Iceman plays by both halves, kicking to corners, repeat sets at the ingoal, 40/20s. Stuff thats very good at pressuring the opposition, we are strangling each team we play.
There was glimpses of this last year, but now its just consistent! even without scoring, we're fùcking teams up

chrisD

Coach
I am confident we can beat the Raiders but we are $1.39 favourites, That price is ridiculous
We haven't lost a regular season game since Parra early last season. Our last home loss was in 2019. We beat the reigning premiers two weeks ago. We top the ladder and have comfortably the best points differential. We have conceded 16 points this season, the next best is 48. At a glance the odds seem out there for a match up between two contenders, but objectively they have a good case.

Hopefully we get a real good defensive test, find out where we really are.

MugaB

Coach
Hopefully we get a real good defensive test, find out where we really are.
We did against the Storm round 3, but i think against this raiders team this week we will see how smart we are, i feel if we stay ICE COLD!!!!
videotogif_2021.04.06_12.01.31.gif
and relentlessly keep them scoreless and in their own half for a bulk of the game, we will see ricky kick another chair at someone, or better yet throw another water bottle, we might even see a pity penalty from the ref, which we will probably challenge.....

...and win

.... thrice

...Now that's Smug!!!

Last edited:
Panthers NSW Cup coach Peter Wallace has named his squad to face Canberra Raiders at BlueBet Stadium on Friday.

The gameday will be used to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the club's inaugural premiership, with members of the Panthers 1991 Grand Final side performing a lap of honour prior to NRL kick-off.

1. Brent NADEN
2. Tom JENKINS
3. Robert JENNINGS
4. Izack TAGO
5. Taylan MAY
6. Jaeman SALMON
7. Kurt FALLS
8. Jayden TANNER
9. Brendan HANDS
10. Lindsay SMITH
11. John FAIUMU
12. Scott SORENSEN
13. J'maine HOPGOOD

14. Trent TOELAU
15. Alec SUSINO
16. Billy TSIKRIKAS
17. Anton IARIA
18. Sunia TURUVA

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his squad to face Canberra Raiders at BlueBet Stadium on Friday.

The gameday will be used to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the club's inaugural premiership, with members of the Panthers 1991 Grand Final side performing a Lap of Honour prior to kick-off.

The Panthers will wear the 2021 Alternate Jersey.

1. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
2. Charlie STAINES - sponsored by Chemtools
3. Paul MOMIROVSKI - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
4. Matt BURTON - sponsored by Hertz
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Granville PlastaMasta
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Wisdom Dental and Denture Clinic
7. Nathan CLEARY (c) - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
8. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by East Blaxland Butchery
9. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Casella Express
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Hix Group
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
12. Kurt CAPEWELL - sponsored by MKJ Projects
13. Isaah YEO (c) - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans

14. Tyrone MAY - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
15. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
16. Matt EISENHUTH - sponsored by Potter Automotive
17. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by El Gringos Locos
18. Scott SORENSEN - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Robert JENNINGS - sponsored by Uphire
20. J'maine HOPGOOD - sponsored by Lonestar Rib House & Brews Penrith
21. Jaeman SALMON - sponsored by You. Me. Brand. Now.

Panfa

Juniors
Hopefully we see this in 1st grade Burton Staines monirovski chrichton too luai cleary yeo kikau capewell fisher Harris Kenny leota leniu may martin eisenhuth.

Sime_11

Juniors
Im still not convinced by the Raiders tbh - on current form, id backed Storm, Us, Souths & Chooks to beat them - Chooks a diff story now with their amounting injuries to key players, but i think they'd still give Raiders a very good game.

the Raiders are a good grinding team with the Forwards - but they dont strike fear into you out wide like they did of previous seasons.... if you dominate their forwards - i dont think they have a great deal to throw at you apart from Wighton running the ball.

Crichton at FB was solid but not elite - if we lose a game, he'd be the 1st back id consider dropping on form - he's got his coin this off season - he needs to lift his game a bit IMO.