1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 5 Vs Titans

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by Panther Mick, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Panther Mick

Panther Mick Juniors

Time to shine boys and get those attacking plays in order.
    The Titans will be desperate and tricky to beat up there, but if we are fair dinkum and can hang on to the bloody ball we will win.

2. PANTHERMIKE

PANTHERMIKE Juniors

Hold the ball. Win..

Its not rocket science boys....

3. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

75% completion rate we win... Simple

4. Bob

Bob Juniors

Nathan Taylor from the Western Weekender just posted on Twitter that Edwards was training on the wing today,

Aliceinwonderland likes this.
  5. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

well Ivan doesn't drop anyone so hardly surprising

6. Luke Bowden

Luke Bowden Bench

I’d like to see Luai on the bench.

Hopefully if he is picked, Edwards redeems himself!

7. Bob

Bob Juniors

Maybe buy him some of this stuff cause what he’s using ain’t working

Gecko Grip is a specifically formulated sports grip designed to assist in providing complete control when either taking possession or disposing of the ball by hand or foot.

upload_2019-4-8_14-24-34.jpeg

8. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

a dry track will help everyone's hands

tripster likes this.
  9. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Referee

Edwards scoring that try was no doubt a stay of execution. Wasn't much work to be done really. But it was still a decent try.

It was good seeing Cleary, Maloney and Blake draw their opponents in to create the space. Its a basic play. But we got it right finally. We built pressure to get that set right too. Early kicks the 2 sets before to test them out and force drop outs. Not sure why it took 76 minutes to plan that way and execute it correctly. Both halves forced drop outs kicking both sides of the posts. That had to help us on the set we scored from.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  10. Fangs

Fangs Bench

Geckogrip will be needed.

Amazing this team still hasn't completed their sets well in 4 games. As simple as it gets.

11. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Ivan doesn't drop guys when he should. That is my biggest criticism of him. The only change to the 17 will be Fuimaono in for Winterstein. May not even change DWZ and Edwards numbers. Just lineup different on Friday.

We need to do the same with the halves not on the same side. Then that will create doubt and help the scoring

12. Panfa

Panfa Juniors

The nrl has invested a fair amount of money on the titans i can guarantee you 1 thing the refs will not be generous to us on friday night.As the only team not to win a game this yr they will be doing there best to get them home.We need to be on song from the 1st whistle attack defence discipline especially.Titans will be fielding there strongest 17 this week they are a much better team than there position on the ladder and garth is under enormous pressure to win.As for our guys we need to put back to back wins together and start climbing the ladder this is our best chance to do that.

13. Sime_11

Sime_11 Juniors

Peach will have a blinder - and we'll all get depressed that he's no longer a panthers player

14. Palms

Palms Juniors

So will Aekins ever get another crack? I can understand Luai sticking around for next year but Aekins has no clear path.

15. PenrithPanther45

PenrithPanther45 Juniors

I don't think the club will be able to afford to keep both DWZ and Edwards next extension so that's the only real chance for Aekins.

Aliceinwonderland likes this.
  16. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Referee

Peach and Carty will both wanna have big games. Staring at 5 losses to start the season I think Titans will be trying harder every week to win. Rein and Gordon will no doubt lift too. Flash always seems to be good against us.

This game won't be easy despite the Titans position on the ladder. We havent been playing much better

17. Exsilium

Exsilium First Grade

This won’t be an easy game.

Their forwards haven’t been too bad this year. It’s their lack of creativity and backline speed that’s killed any attack.

I think titans get up by 8

18. martielang

martielang Juniors

Yeh I'm worried about this game too tbh, especially if they start Brimson at fullback which surely they will.

19. TheFrog

TheFrog Coach

Good idea. Keep the media at bay.

20. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Referee

They gave Souths a run for their money without Taylor and Roberts. Last week was only their first match together so they should improve with that run.

Titans have a pretty handy roster. Good forward pack, good halves, some attacking potential in the backs. Home ground advantage, former Panthers wanting to lift against us. They have lots to motivate them... although avoiding 5 losses in a row would be thr biggest motivator.

I think we will win a close game. But I wouldn't be shocked if we lost. Our form is barely better