What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs: Friday 7th April 4:05pm @Accor Stadium

Steenson123

Juniors
Ilias is the starting HB. Whether or not we agree that is irrelevant for now at least. Demetriou is sold on it so he must install full confidence into the lad.
That means Ilias should be assigned the bulk of the kicking duties. He did that against Canterbury, instead of Walker's fairy floss left foot shanks, and the entire team looked much sharper.
This game should have cleared some rust, not just in having a much sharper, more dangerous kicking game but also in establishing the offense. It was jagged in spots but the squad should at least gain some confidence from scoring points.
I notice today on Radio, both Demetriou and commentators mentioned the tough opening Schedule and how it was necessary to now open up the attack.
We cannot go into RDs 8-10 with a 10-12 average ppg.
Squad needs to torpedo Burt next week as well. I believe they are now in position to do just that. Which means the small brutal phase that follows should be traversed with greater output and improved results.
The last 14 or so on the Schedule represent a significant drop in class.

Steenson123

Juniors
Be c
I know ive raved on about sele, im not doubting his talent,he was enormous,its his staying power i worry about,hoping he can not get injured again.
I was stressed first 15m i thought for once we got lucky at least 1 of lats trys was forward,but heck we cop it often enough.
Glory Glory!!
Be content.
This was the exact type of kick-arse game the squad required instead of intense week after week stressed out playoff style contests. That had exhausted the players, albeit playing sans key forwards.
I can only think of one name responsible for constructing that horrific first 5 games: Politis and Eastern Suburbs. Written in Bondi Junction.

Travitoh

First Grade
Trell, Cody and Graham will get the votes in this one but Sele was the most influential player yesterday. He changed the game with his barnstorming runs, sometimes twice in a set, and dominated the Dogs bench forwards. If he can stay fit, he will definitely be an asset in our pack moving forward.

handyman2190

Bench
Trell, Cody and Graham will get the votes in this one but Sele was the most influential player yesterday. He changed the game with his barnstorming runs, sometimes twice in a set, and dominated the Dogs bench forwards. If he can stay fit, he will definitely be an asset in our pack moving forward.
Provided he stays on the field

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Be c

Be content.
This was the exact type of kick-arse game the squad required instead of intense week after week stressed out playoff style contests. That had exhausted the players, albeit playing sans key forwards.
I can only think of one name responsible for constructing that horrific first 5 games: Politis and Eastern Suburbs. Written in Bondi Junction.
Lol
The conspiracy runs deep, but hey, it's the mortal enemy so I'll stand with you on this one 😂

Thumper

Juniors
Be c

Be content.
That’s hilarious. Get off the pipe champ.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Early on when we were down 6-0 about 17mins in Dogs got a penalty and Burton kicked for touch and Milne leapt into the air and batted it back in was a massive play from Taane had me out of my seat.

Then later that set we go up field and score.

Steenson123

Juniors
That’s hilarious. Get off the pipe champ.
Its no brag dude. No pipe either. I follow various codes globally and I tell you that is THE hardest opening Schedule I have ever seen!!
If this was say Dallas in the NFL all commentators like Stephen A et al would be speaking about for 5 weeks would be THAT Schedule. The players are not mechanical devices. They need a break, a soft game here and there to reboot and get their rhythm back. In this country we are far too conservative... "oh well we just have to cope with the draw". Balderdash!! Someone has drawn that horror Schedule deliberately, most NRL Bureaucrats and Journalists hate Souths they all follow the other clubs. Even during broadcasts you can their excitement if the other mob is beating us or how " if only he passed earlier they would have been leading".
That opening Schedule can wreck any squad's season and the gradient is soon going Uphill again!
I heard Demetriou on radio Saturday state the goal was to come out of this first 10 Rounds at 6-4. That means we need to go 3-1 in the next 4 but we are up against Cleary and Bellamy..... again!!

Thumper

Juniors
Its no brag dude. No pipe either. I follow various codes globally and I tell you that is THE hardest opening Schedule I have ever seen!!
If this was say Dallas in the NFL all commentators like Stephen A et al would be speaking about for 5 weeks would be THAT Schedule. The players are not mechanical devices. They need a break, a soft game here and there to reboot and get their rhythm back. In this country we are far too conservative... "oh well we just have to cope with the draw". Balderdash!! Someone has drawn that horror Schedule deliberately, most NRL Bureaucrats and Journalists hate Souths they all follow the other clubs. Even during broadcasts you can their excitement if the other mob is beating us or how " if only he passed earlier they would have been leading".
That opening Schedule can wreck any squad's season and the gradient is soon going Uphill again!
I heard Demetriou on radio Saturday state the goal was to come out of this first 10 Rounds at 6-4. That means we need to go 3-1 in the next 4 but we are up against Cleary and Bellamy..... again!!
Gotta beat the best to be the best.
vs Penrith they completed at 69%
Vs roosters 62%.
storm was high 70’s.
should have won all 3 of those game.
ball control has been an issue and they paid the price.
if South’s are 6-0 no one is complaining about the draw. It’s an easy excuse.
comparing The dallas cowboys to south’s is like comparing apples to potatoes.

Latest posts