What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 - Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs: Friday 15th April 4:00pm @Accor Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Time to look forward to another big clash this week, another big occasion as we are going to be getting an Easter treat this weekend! That's right, we go up against the Bulldogs in the traditional Good Friday clash this week. I always love the Good Friday clash, one of my favourites that I always circle on the calendar. It's Easter and a long weekend so it always brings a large crowd which always makes it a big game, a big occasion and I'm sure this year will be no different. What's more, we go up against one of our traditional rivals in Canterbury Bankstown. Over 80 years of history and there's a fair bit of feeling in this one. Playing them is always a tough encounter and I expect no different this week.

Good Friday always seems to bring out the best in both teams, both teams tend to get up for the occasion. Think about how many times we've actually done Good Friday easy in recent times and last year is the only one that springs to mind. For that reason, I don't think the Dogs are going to make it easy for us this week. Yes, they've been struggling quite a bit but a big occasion like this could be what they need to spark themselves. Therefore, I don't think we can under-estimate them at all because if we do, we'll get our pants pulled down. They still have some real stars in their team and some real strike but kind of like us, they've had lots of new combinations to get used to and that takes time. A team that contains the likes of Dufty, Addo-Carr, Burton, Vaughan, Jackson and Thompson is not a side to be scoffed at. If they get things right, they can fire. As always, they'll be super fired up for a Good Friday upset.

They'll be fired up but hopefully the big occasion pumps our boys up too! It always seems to. As I said, we simply cannot afford to take the Bulldogs lightly and there is no room to be complacent this week. Especially because our form lately hasn't been to crash hot ourselves. However, in saying that, if you want to be a top side, these are the kind of games you really should be winning. I want to see some real improvement from us this week and to just keep building, show that last week was the start of a run. It all comes off the back of our handling. it was better last week but still not where we need it to be. Get that right, and everything else will flow off the back of that. I also really want Cody to step up finally in 2022 and have a big game. That'll help.

So another big game this week and we simply have to get the win. We really need to start climbing up that ladder. Big occasion, it's Easter and I'm confident the boys in Red and Green can bring home the chocolates. Let's go!!

Last edited:
Trent hasn’t managed to get his side on the go this year.

So many elite footballers, they are not working, I’m not sure what’s going on out there?

They’ve been very poor.

Which brings us to Lats and yet more down time. They say he’s on $875k or so, but so many games out, suspension and injury, I’m not sure he justifies the investment. If he’s only playing half a season, his true cost is 1.7m or something. That’s over 4 times factory. Incredible. Solly got his sums wrong.

Against that, some really great performances by your factory, a standing salute to JD. He’s icing it. The kids actually deserve a pay rise. So far, they look worthy and are having a red hot go. Even my Paulo, I’m not going to belt him. He’s trying his little heart out.

Beware the Burto, he’s starting to get into his zone.

Souths by 13 plus, but it’s no gift.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
From Fox Sports,

WHAT TO DO ABOUT CODY WALKER?

South Sydney may have done enough to notch their second win of the season with a 24-12 win over the Dragons, but Cody Walker’s worrying form slump continued.

Apart from a strong performance against the Roosters, Walker has struggled in the first month of the season and it was left to his teammates to get Souths home without Latrell Mitchell (hamstring) who went off injured after 14 minutes.

Walker is still without a try assist in 2022, which is remarkable considering he led the NRL in try assists last season and also broke the record for linebreak assists.

Walker had just 12 run metres from two runs, an error, seven missed tackles and no try or linebreak involvements against the Dragons, with Lachlan Ilias outshining him in the halves.

Corey Parker was critical of Walker for failing to take the game into his own hands and put Souths on his back in the absence of Mitchell, who went off with a hamstring injury early in the game.

“Just touching on some of Souths’ experienced players and I go to Cody Walker,” Parker said.

“Without pinpointing him too much coming into the 2022 season with the expectation based on what we saw last year.

“He was one of the best players in the competition for a long period of time. His running game was definitely on point.

“Latrell Mitchell leaves the field and they need somebody to stand up. Cody Walker in that first half was just watching the game go by.

“Some of his efforts have been lacklustre. He didn’t even run the ball. Zero runs for that first half. He made eight tackles and missed five of them.

“He needs to really stand up and demonstrate to his teammates around him that at 10-0 they need to go on with this and they need some of their stars.

“I just can’t see Cody Walker because we saw last year what he can do. He is just not displaying those efforts.”

Braith Anasta and Greg Alexander believe Walker looks unsure of himself and low on confidence.

“He has been far from his best all year and that was probably his worst half,” Anasta said.

“He needs to get better.”

“It has been a slow start to the season,” Alexander added.

“Unlike the Cody Walker we have seen for the last four years. Watching him against Melbourne in the opening 60 minutes where they really struggled, I had never seen Cody Walker second guess himself about who to give the ball to.”

There was always going to be an adjustment period for Walker without long-time half Adam Reynolds by his side, but now that Ilias is starting to play consistent football and know his role, Walker is out of excuses for his own poor form.

From Fox Sports,

WHAT TO DO ABOUT CODY WALKER?

South Sydney may have done enough to notch their second win of the season with a 24-12 win over the Dragons, but Cody Walker’s worrying form slump continued.

Apart from a strong performance against the Roosters, Walker has struggled in the first month of the season and it was left to his teammates to get Souths home without Latrell Mitchell (hamstring) who went off injured after 14 minutes.

Walker is still without a try assist in 2022, which is remarkable considering he led the NRL in try assists last season and also broke the record for linebreak assists.

Walker had just 12 run metres from two runs, an error, seven missed tackles and no try or linebreak involvements against the Dragons, with Lachlan Ilias outshining him in the halves.

Corey Parker was critical of Walker for failing to take the game into his own hands and put Souths on his back in the absence of Mitchell, who went off with a hamstring injury early in the game.

“Just touching on some of Souths’ experienced players and I go to Cody Walker,” Parker said.

“Without pinpointing him too much coming into the 2022 season with the expectation based on what we saw last year.

“He was one of the best players in the competition for a long period of time. His running game was definitely on point.

“Latrell Mitchell leaves the field and they need somebody to stand up. Cody Walker in that first half was just watching the game go by.

“Some of his efforts have been lacklustre. He didn’t even run the ball. Zero runs for that first half. He made eight tackles and missed five of them.

“He needs to really stand up and demonstrate to his teammates around him that at 10-0 they need to go on with this and they need some of their stars.

“I just can’t see Cody Walker because we saw last year what he can do. He is just not displaying those efforts.”

Braith Anasta and Greg Alexander believe Walker looks unsure of himself and low on confidence.

“He has been far from his best all year and that was probably his worst half,” Anasta said.

“He needs to get better.”

“It has been a slow start to the season,” Alexander added.

“Unlike the Cody Walker we have seen for the last four years. Watching him against Melbourne in the opening 60 minutes where they really struggled, I had never seen Cody Walker second guess himself about who to give the ball to.”

There was always going to be an adjustment period for Walker without long-time half Adam Reynolds by his side, but now that Ilias is starting to play consistent football and know his role, Walker is out of excuses for his own poor form.

It’s always interesting these guys make comments without knowing the game plan or what Cody’s been asked to do.

They don’t know if he’s injured etc.

Further, none of them ever possessed a smidgeon of his natural talent and don’t have the standing or the qualifications to criticise him. How dare they?!

When you have a great innate talent, you play above and beyond in some games whilst others are much quieter.

That knights game, the flogging, one of the greatest 5/8th performances of all time by Cody Walker. Maybe the best.

Cody has been a bit kids gloves in his career, that’s how these “artist footballers” work. They are not to be compared with ordinary footballers. They are a very different footballing creature. They are not the same.

Besides, it’s not like you are losing.

Your young half has only been on the scene for a few minutes. He’s still below Renno standard of excellence, but Renno was exactly like him once.

It’s preposterous that Parker should dip his hat into this ring of fire. Brain dead idiot. It seems to me, he doesn’t understand Cody or what he’s about.

Fox should give these guys an official employment warning. They are destroying the company reputation ( if it has one).

What they can do for Cody Walker is to “piss off.”

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Time to look forward to another big clash this week, another big occasion as we are going to be getting an Easter treat this weekend! That's right, we go up against the Bulldogs in the traditional Good Friday clash this week. I always love the Good Friday clash, one of my favourites that I always circle on the calendar. It's Easter and a long weekend so it always brings a large crowd which always makes it a big game, a big occasion and I'm sure this year will be no different. What's more, we go up against one of our traditional rivals in Canterbury Bankstown. Over 80 years of history and there's a fair bit of feeling in this one. Playing them is always a tough encounter and I expect no different this week.

Good Friday always seems to bring out the best in both teams, both teams tend to get up for the occasion. Think about how many times we've actually done Good Friday easy in recent times and last year is the only one that springs to mind. For that reason, I don't think the Dogs are going to make it easy for us this week. Yes, they've been struggling quite a bit but a big occasion like this could be what they need to spark themselves. Therefore, I don't think we can under-estimate them at all because if we do, we'll get our pants pulled down. They still have some real stars in their team and some real strike but kind of like us, they've had lots of new combinations to get used to and that takes time. A team that contains the likes of Dufty, Addo-Carr, Burton, Vaughan, Jackson and Thompson is not a side to be scoffed at. If they get things right, they can fire. As always, they'll be super fired up for a Good Friday upset.

They'll be fired up but hopefully the big occasion pumps our boys up too! It always seems to. As I said, we simply cannot afford to take the Bulldogs lightly and there is no room to be complacent this week. Especially because our form lately hasn't been to crash hot ourselves. However, in saying that, if you want to be a top side, these are the kind of games you really should be winning. I want to see some real improvement from us this week and to just keep building, show that last week was the start of a run. It all comes off the back of our handling. it was better last week but still not where we need it to be. Get that right, and everything else will flow off the back of that. I also really want Cody to step up finally in 2022 and have a big game. That'll help.

So another big game this week and we simply have to get the win. We really need to start climbing up that ladder. Big occasion, it's Easter and I'm confident the boys in red and Green can bring home the chocolates. Let's go!!
It's time to focus.......😂

callmack1

Staff member
My predicted line up for Round 6 against the Bulldogs is,

1. Taaffe
2. Johnston
3. Milne
4. Graham
5. Mansour
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Host
15. Sele
16. Moale
17. Knight

This is the line up I think we'll see. Sauce won't be dropped from the wing unfortunately and the starting 13 will remain the same as last week apart from fullback obviously.

I think Sele comes onto the bench however, JD could opt for Havili too.

handyman2190

Bench
It’s always interesting these guys make comments without knowing the game plan or what Cody’s been asked to do.

They don’t know if he’s injured etc.

Further, none of them ever possessed a smidgeon of his natural talent and don’t have the standing or the qualifications to criticise him. How dare they?!

When you have a great innate talent, you play above and beyond in some games whilst others are much quieter.

That knights game, the flogging, one of the greatest 5/8th performances of all time by Cody Walker. Maybe the best.

Cody has been a bit kids gloves in his career, that’s how these “artist footballers” work. They are not to be compared with ordinary footballers. They are a very different footballing creature. They are not the same.

Besides, it’s not like you are losing.

Your young half has only been on the scene for a few minutes. He’s still below Renno standard of excellence, but Renno was exactly like him once.

It’s preposterous that Parker should dip his hat into this ring of fire. Brain dead idiot. It seems to me, he doesn’t understand Cody or what he’s about.

Fox should give these guys an official employment warning. They are destroying the company reputation ( if it has one).

What they can do for Cody Walker is to “piss off.”
Listen dont be surprised if cody asks for a release later this season. I think someones made him an offer he cant refuse,and if he plays like this for the season watch what happens, this has got bennet all over it

Listen dont be surprised if cody asks for a release later this season. I think someones made him an offer he cant refuse,and if he plays like this for the season watch what happens, this has got bennet all over it

Mmm, interesting.

Im not sure that things are that grim.

But no doubt Cody and Bennett have a very close relationship.

He’s capable of the proper 5/8th game, how they are supposed to be able to play, the whole idea of lethal threat from the scrum.

Bennett famously said of his game, “you can’t teach that”

At Codys maximum power game optimum, the factory defender only has a 33% chance of making the right decision. Go left or right or tackle him!

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
It's about time for Cody to leave anyway unfortunately.

southsport

First Grade
That’s a bit over the top mate he’s been up for us for so long let’s not lay the boot in when he is in a form slump he can still come good.
I'm not putting the boot in, after next year he's on a year by year deal and that's if he doesn't ask for a release at the end of this season to be with his family in QLD.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Line Up for Round 6 Against Bulldogs: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/04/12/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-six/

Pretty happy with that line up, basically as expected. Taaffe into the starting side at fullback, that was obvious, but good to see Hame back in the 17 too! I would have liked to see something happen with Milne and Mansour but it's probably not going to happen just yet. However, Kalo Kalo in the 17 man squad is a great sign! A sign of things to come!

So a pretty strong team! Seriously can't wait for Good Friday!!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Rabbitohs Line Up for Round 6 Against Bulldogs: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/04/12/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-six/

Pretty happy with that line up, basically as expected. Taaffe into the starting side at fullback, that was obvious, but good to see Hame back in the 17 too! I would have liked to see something happen with Milne and Mansour but it's probably not going to happen just yet. However, Kalo Kalo in the 17 man squad is a great sign! A sign of things to come!

Well from the list above, Kalo Kalo is not in the 17, but he is in the extended list.
Honestly, why are we wasting time and development on dead wood like Mansewer, Kalo Kalo should be the starter.
If it doesn't work, so be it, but it might be a diamond in the rough.
Could this be because JD is considering his own W-L record?

handyman2190

Bench
I'm not putting the boot in, after next year he's on a year by year deal and that's if he doesn't ask for a release at the end of this season to be with his family in QLD.
You mean his boyfriend bennett, this has bennet written all over it, he cant get players so he has destabalised our team, cody is probably in 2 minds,go or stay, and its affected him

handyman2190

Bench

Jac has a habit of scoring against us,now mansewer has to defend against him

handyman2190

Bench
Well from the list above, Kalo Kalo is not in the 17, but he is in the extended list.
Honestly, why are we wasting time and development on dead wood like Mansewer, Kalo Kalo should be the starter.
If it doesn't work, so be it, but it might be a diamond in the rough.
Could this be because JD is considering his own W-L record?
Problem is the sewer is on 400k and supposedly experienced, the riff were very astute pissing him off, at least its his last year