What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Knights

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I must be the only one but I woke this morning feeling optimistic about this game.

Our horrible start of season draw is almost over and we will finally get to see our beloved dragons have a run against a few of the more evenly matched skill level wise sides.

Fox Commentary mentioned last night we seemed down on confidence and I agree, we started well against the Warriors, took that confidence in to the narrow loss against Penrith and from there we were outshone by two early season specials in the Sharks and Eels and those heavy defeats clearly had an impact on the playing group last night in another underwhelming performance against Souths.

This week we come up against a Newcastle side down on their luck as well and with some injuries. It's a home game at Win Stadium on Easter Sunday afternoon. Let's hope for some sunny weather so we can see the ball moved around at speed.

The frustrating thing for all of us is that as supporters the performance of the team is out of our control, but what we can control is our own attitudes towards the side as it's loyal supporters.

This means this Sunday we need to rally behind whichever team is selected to go out there and with that we can inspire some confidence in the internal playing group and a much needed win to accompany it.

Ask yourselves what this game could lead to if we come away with a good victory? There is still a lot of footy left to be played this year and a win here can help inspire the fans, players and all involved that there is reason to believe and to support.

Saints by 10.

OH WHEN THE SAINTS

Well, if we start with the same spine that was so effective against Cr*n*ll* and Souffs I will not be watching. It's one thing to unconditionally support your team, it's another to sacrifice two hours of your life to another display of witless ineptitude.
I think it's time for Sloan to have another crack at FB, Hunt to dummy-half and Sullivan and Amone to renew their combination in the halves. Bird to centre with Lomax having a run in the comp that was named after him (the Knock On Effect). McGuire to second row with Fuimaono. Mbye bench. Lawrie, Sims and McCullough.....GAWN!

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
We are no chance unless changes are made. Knights have a good forward pack, good fullback, fair halves and a young coach out to prove himself. If we pick the same side we have slow forwards, an ordinary fullback, lacklustre halves and an old coach padding out his superannuation.

You never know for sure, but you can have a pretty good idea as to how this will go.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
We are no chance unless changes are made. Knights have a good forward pack, good fullback, fair halves and a young coach out to prove himself. If we pick the same side we have slow forwards, an ordinary fullback, lacklustre halves and an old coach padding out his superannuation.

You never know for sure, but you can have a pretty good idea as to how this will go.
Yes we are, we are real chance; Newcastle aren’t that great. If we can build pressure we can get these guys. Might take some of forwards and bench forwards to hold the ball at crucial stages.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Yes we are, we are real chance; Newcastle aren’t that great. If we can build pressure we can get these guys. Might take some of forwards and bench forwards to hold the ball at crucial stages.
Completely agree. Hunt and whomever is in the spine this week will have to work on their finishes to sets. So many poor kicks in good field position last night cost us.

Geez, Hornby & Inosi write a positive note only to be dragged down by others .I know it's not great at the moment & the club deserves major criticism but can we just curtail naysayer responses just for the sake of it ?
We were a real chance of beating Souffs too.
At this point in time the only thing I am optimistic about is Griffin being shown the door before 2022 is a lost cause.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Well, if we start with the same spine that was so effective against Cr*n*ll* and Souffs I will not be watching. It's one thing to unconditionally support your team, it's another to sacrifice two hours of your life to another display of witless ineptitude.
I think it's time for Sloan to have another crack at FB, Hunt to dummy-half and Sullivan and Amone to renew their combination in the halves. Bird to centre with Lomax having a run in the comp that was named after him (the Knock On Effect). McGuire to second row with Fuimaono. Mbye bench. Lawrie, Sims and McCullough.....GAWN!
1 win from our last 14.

Yeah Im confident...

🙃
I can’t believe we are favourites to win on the betting, think I’ll back Newi and if we happen to win I’ll still be happy either way
Haa win win

TruSaint

Referee
Geez, Hornby & Inosi write a positive note only to be dragged down by others .I know it's not great at the moment & the club deserves major criticism but can we just curtail naysayer responses just for the sake of it ?

It's a game day thread. Opinions vary.

Just as Hornby and Inosi can post their views, so can others. Nobody had a shot at them.

People can post as they feel... on either side.

Latest posts