What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Roosters Discussion + Voting

renouf

Juniors
Blair and Hodges possibly returning, which is odd considering Wayne said something like this game wasn't important at this time of the year.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
chooks are a little fragile atm could be a good time to play they.
we owe them a couple of losses
need hodgo available

AceAv

Juniors
Lol WB always playing down every game. He'd say a Grand Final appearance was just another day at the office! -I guess it's a good way to coach..

Feeling like this game will really find us out. Last few weeks have been great to win, but all 4 teams were pretty poor and gave us some easy points.

Roosters will be out to win and win big, so hope we all bring our A game, a win here would be complete bliss!

gUt

Coach
I think this game is vital to both clubs pre-Origin. We got smashf**ked by the bunnies, now it's time to show we're competitive with the Roosters

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Thanks for setting up the thread Renouf, much appreciated!

Team named is unchanged from last week:

BRONCOS NRL TEAM

1. Lachlan Maranta
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker ©

Interchange:

14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Mitch Garbutt
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Kodi Nikorima

18. Francis Molo

Coach: Wayne Bennett

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2015/04/07/international_pair_m.html

Will be interesting to see if there are any late additions.

We are currently sitting in 2nd, a bit higher than we should be imo. But, will take it! Roosters will be a good test to see where we are at. I hope we do get some players back though. We are currently missing: Boyd, Kahu, Hodges, Blair, Gavet who would probably be in our top 17. It will tough against the Roosters if we are missing all these guys.

Dazzat

First Grade
Yes, on our performances (besides against the Cowboys) it's hard to believe we are so high on the ladder.

Probably couldn't pick a worse weak to play any top team like the Roosters - the week after they've been touched up by the bottom team.

JWH will be a huge boost for them obviously.

Looking forward to more improvement from Milford.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
still holding out hope for hodges.
would make a huge difference.
look at the positives of the season.
we beat the sharks who toweled up this lot.
the cows went on to win 2 straight after playing us.
and the warriors were going well until we beat them.
we deserve our 2nd place imo

user_nat

Coach
Unfortunately, I suspect this game will be a bit of a reality check. I feel we have gotten fairly lucky over the past few weeks.

Will be happy to just be close, particularly with our current injury toll.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Unfortunately, I suspect this game will be a bit of a reality check. I feel we have gotten fairly lucky over the past few weeks.

Will be happy to just be close, particularly with our current injury toll.

I think we're more of a chance. Last weeks loss against Cronulla showed that the Roosters are very beatable. Even though the chooks didn't have their best game by a long shot the Sharkies kept them frustrated never letting them get in front. Hopefully we can score first and keep the pressure on. Gonna be a tight one though! C'mon Broncs!

Dazzat

First Grade
Great game. Not much else to say.

3. Thaiday (I don't care if he's playing for his future - that was awesome)
2. Hunt (this guy is fast becoming Alfie II)
3. McGuire (did all the hard stuff without shirking)

u4er

Juniors
Awesome game. Despite a couple of errors and bad options Hunt had a blinder. Picking up where he left off last season. Milford fairly quiet but still valuable input. Thaiday played like it was Origin 2011. Dodds is crushing in defence, and solid with ball in hand.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
thaiday really shut up some merkins tonight.
his best performance since........well maybe ever.
owned jwh
3. thaiday
2. reed
1. hunt
jack reed was great tonight some huge defence and ran the ball very well.
milford is getting there.
gillett and glen also outstanding

hellteam

First Grade
3. Hunt (wouldn't have won without him)
2. Thaiday
1. Glenn

Towards the end of that game I was thinking I wouldn't even be mad if we lost. Our forwards stepped up massively, every one of them, and in the end won us the game. Best our forwards have played for years. Minimal silly errors too.

We didn't have much in attack, missing too many backs. Was good to see Milford step it up in the second half, he played well.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
So good seeing someone stand up to him, get under his skin, and belt him with every tackle and run.

Sam hasn't hit like that for years.
I was wondering if he still had it in him.
really hammered everything tonight.
can someone else please give reed a wrap.
the poor merkin cops so much shit.
played superb tonight

hellteam

First Grade
Reed did play well, but he always does against bigger centres. It's the quick ones he struggles against . SKD was a good match up for him.

Johns mentioned it in commentary, our tackling style seems to have changed. First man hits hard at the ball. Forced a lot of errors.

Nerd

Bench
You don't often see JWH get owned like that. If Hunt can sort out his kicking game we are looking the goods.

3. Thaiday
2. Hunt
1. McGuire

I know Hunt scored the winning try but it was Thaiday's efforts in shutting down JWH which set the match up to be won.

In fact best display I've seen from the forward pack for quite a while.

Latest posts