What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Roosters

Fair enough, Baz.

It frustrates me that Allgood is similar in size to Lussick, but plays in such a weaker manner.

Oh, I agree mate...I just think it usually comes down to concentration, footwork, timing etc, rather than 'catititude' though I guess they can look very similar. What happens in the fraction of a second before a player hits the line makes a pretty big difference I reckon, regardless of whether you look like captain cranky all the time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Oh, I agree mate...I just think it usually comes down to concentration, footwork, timing etc, rather than 'catititude' though I guess they can look very similar. What happens in the fraction of a second before a player hits the line makes a pretty big difference I reckon, regardless of whether you look like captain cranky all the time.

Well said, Barry. The fact Allgood looks so awkward just before he hits the defenders says he might be thinking about his technique. That's not something a bloke should have to give conscious thought to, by the time he's in first grade.

The fact he makes some good runs and breaks the line every now and then shows he is physically up to it. Plus that factor no merkin seems to care about - that he defends well.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Well said, Barry. The fact Allgood looks so awkward just before he hits the defenders says he might be thinking about his technique. That's not something a bloke should have to give conscious thought to, by the time he's in first grade.

The fact he makes some good runs and breaks the line every now and then shows he is physically up to it. Plus that factor no merkin seems to care about - that he defends well.

Good points, and I understand what you're both saying.

Gronk

Staff member
When Moose and Darcy return, Allgood won't be seen in FG again.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Reports doing the rounds that George Rose has requested a release from Melbourne, to join Parramatta :oops:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Dont underestimate how being part of a happier and progressive environment can impact on injuries and more to the point recoveries from injuries. If players "want" to play for a certain coach as opposed to a certain dead beat "pretender coach" the psychology of the player may well interfere with his ability to play under duress. How many more sickies do employees have when they hate their employer and or their boss.
just my opinion of cause.

The Colonel

Immortal
Players are more likely to play injured to if there is competition for their spot. Can't run the risk of sitting down for a week injured as the next bloke in could just push you out.

Latest posts