What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Warriors

Maddragon99

Juniors
Watch out for little Kodi. In recent history he has torn us apart for either playing for NZ or Broncos.
I am talking myself out of win here this week if I keep thinking too hard.
Got to get the monkey off our back and start beating NZ Warriors again.
They are the new Raiders who at one stage we could not beat.
This is typically a game we’d lose, coming off a couple of good wins & looking ahead to AMZAC Day. A win this week will tell us a lot about the team & their focus on week to week footy.

redv13

Bench
Not at all. The hookers & cocaine have just turned up.

Gotta love the Monday night shenanigan tradition..

Anyway, back onto the football.. Do you think we displayed a positive attitude during the charity shield?
I don’t read too much into trial games. Plenty of players going on, going off, different combinations etc. Zero f**ks given to be honest. Round 1 on wards is all that counts in my eyes.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting game v Warriors, a sort of homecoming for Brown and LAM, and Gould will be death riding us no doubt.

Fusitua could be a big out for them.

I'm guessing we will be 1-13 on the team list today and possibly 14-17 as well. I see Maguire in the 21 though and he may come in for Ellis or Lawrie if he cant recover from his cork.

George Dragon

Juniors
Interesting game v Warriors, a sort of homecoming for Brown and LAM, and Gould will be death riding us no doubt.

Fusitua could be a big out for them.

I'm guessing we will be 1-13 on the team list today and possibly 14-17 as well. I see Maguire in the 21 though and he may come in for Ellis or Lawrie if he cant recover from his cork.

Blocka unlikely to play. Moose in

getsmarty

Immortal
2021-r06_7-sgi-v-war.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

NRL.com preview: Round 6 v Warriors
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Mon 12 Apr 2021, 05:05 PM
Share on social media
The Dragons have every right to feel good about themselves heading into Sunday's meeting with the Warriors.

After starting the season outside of most people's top eights, new coach Anthony Griffin has got everyone headed in the right direction. They've won four in a row to be sitting in fourth spot.

A feature of their surge has been the play of their forwards. That unit will be put to a stern test against the Warriors.

A last-minute loss to Manly last weekend is something they'll want to make amends for pretty quickly.

Dragons v Warriors /

Match: Dragons v Warriors

Round 6 - Sunday 18th April

2:00pm

Home Team

Dragons

4th Position

Away Team

Warriors

10th Position

Venue: Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

Match broadcasters:

• Kayo
  • Foxtel
Buy Tickets
The rundown
Team news
Dragons: No injuries from their upset win over Parramatta means it's all good news for the Dragons at the moment. And they may even add to their playing stocks if the reported acquisition of Cowboys veteran Josh McGuire goes through in time.

Halfback and captain Ben Hunt is hoping to return from a leg fracture in round eight.

Warriors: Marcelo Montoya suffered a head knock in the narrow loss to Manly and will have to prove his fitness if he is to reprise a willing defensive effort against the Sea Eagles.

In better news following the long-term loss of gun prop Addin Fonua-Blake, big men Bunty Afoa and Jamayne Taunua-Brown both return from suspension to bolster the pack.

Key match-up
Corey Norman v Kodi Nikorima: Both are potential match-winners on their day. Norman has benefited from the strong play of his forwards so far this year, while Nikorima has had to readjust to the loss of halves partner Chanel Harris-Tavita to injury and the arrival of Sean O'Sullivan.

Stat attack
The Dragons have averaged 18 dummy-half runs per match over the opening five rounds - the most in the NRL. The Warriors average just eight per match.

Head to NRL Pick'Em and get pickin’ to win a share of $100,000 cash every week!

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/04/13/nrl.com-preview-round-6-v-warriors/

Old Timer

Coach
I often think adjusting the team to accommodate a 1 week absence of a key player is often harder than making adjustments for longer periods.

As Blocker is out for 1 week then I sincerely hope that we do not make mass changes to facilitate replacing him.

No doubt some will want Kerr back into the prop rotation, Fui to edge and Moose to lock but I do not think that is the best way to handle it.

IMO absolute minimal change is what is required so Alvaro to start, Merrin into the prop rotation with Moose on the bench to cover the back row and everything else remains as is.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I often think adjusting the team to accommodate a 1 week absence of a key player is often harder than making adjustments for longer periods.

As Blocker is out for 1 week then I sincerely hope that we do not make mass changes to facilitate replacing him.

No doubt some will want Kerr back into the prop rotation, Fui to edge and Moose to lock but I do not think that is the best way to handle it.

IMO absolute minimal change is what is required so Alvaro to start, Merrin into the prop rotation with Moose on the bench to cover the back row and everything else remains as is.

Agree.

Minimal disruption is what's required, not rotating players just to accommodate a 'newbie'.

Moose would not have more than 1 training session with the boys, and some will say he's played with them before and he knows Hooks plans already so doesn't need to, however, it's a new club, new players around the squad and different assistants with their specific roles, something Hook never had, or explored more previously.

If Lawrie is out, then the debate is whether he starts with Vaughan, or he comes off the bench. If he doesn't start then is it Vaughan and Alvaro to start, with Moose and Ellis as the prop rotation?

Illusion

Bench

Will he even be on the bench ? Or does he need at least a week training with the team before he plays .... Not sure either way Hook will know ....

hewi

Bench
Stat attack
The Dragons have averaged 18 dummy-half runs per match over the opening five rounds - the most in the NRL. The Warriors average just eight per match.

Wow, what a change.

redVinme

Juniors
Even if blocker was fit I'd rest him this weekend and even play him off the bench next week to come on at same time as JWH. See if he can get under his skin and force some penalties or errors.

Latest posts