What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Warriors

Mjab

Juniors
Would have loved to have seen Turnstile play for the Warriors and get smashed, but he is out injured

Dion

Juniors
I'm sure Hook has this covered. Unlike McClown who couldn't get them up for any game, the most notable being the last round in 201? When we had to beat the Dogs to make the semis. All the f**kwit was worried about was sending Graeme out a winner in his last game for the mongrels before he joined us.
How can you forget that year.
Started the season like a house on fire only to fade miserably and capped off by that terrible performance against Canterbury. Missed the finals from an unmissable position.
Only McGregor could have achieved that sort of capitulation.

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Started the season like a house on fire only to fade miserably and capped off by that terrible performance against Canterbury. Missed the finals from an unmissable position.
Only McGregor could have achieved that sort of capitualation.
Yes mate also as the season progressed teams worked out how we played and nullified our game plan .... Our Genius had no plan A B or C .... just kept doing the same thing for 6 years .... Also had no idea how to use his bench ....

Maddragon99

Juniors
Only McGregor could have achieved that sort of capitualation.
I think that will the difference this year, I think we’ll get better as the season goes on. McCullough is the key as long as he stays injury free we’ll be right. He a natural leader & has taken over from Cam seamlessly. We need to pickup a utility from somewhere incase McCullough goes down for a couple of weeks. We’ve got plenty of depth everywhere else in the squad. Go you mighty Dragons!

Illusion

Bench
I think that will the difference this year, I think we’ll get better as the season goes on. McCullough is the key as long as he stays injury free we’ll be right. He a natural leader & has taken over from Cam seamlessly. We need to pickup a utility from somewhere incase McCullough goes down for a couple of weeks. We’ve got plenty of depth everywhere else in the squad. Go you mighty Dragons!
If he goes down Hunt to 9 Clune stays .... Untill we find the right utility player ....

ingles

Juniors
I'd say Ellis who only got a run because of Po's poor form. His efforts in reggies so far this year aren't the reason he was promoted, or I hope not because he's been very ordinary.

I thought he did well on Sunday - may well have been the better standard of those around and opposite him lifted him.
I doubt he will ever win us a game single handedly , but he's shown he is capable of doing the job the coach asks of him .
Every team needs a few like that , even IF only for depth .

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
For anyone who saw our Rava monster several Eels' players on Sunday imagine how I felt when I saw him charging towards me on his pushie on the beachfront path near North Beach, Wollongong, this arvo. I just had time to jump out of his way and call out, "Great win Sunday! Loving your work under the high ball!" before he was gone on his way. I wanted to say how much I loved his big hits too but he was gone too fast. However he did turn his head back with a great big grin on his face and gave me a "thumbs up"!

Gotta love this big Fijian and the sheer joy he shows and his mates share when he scores. Such a great improver since mid-season 2020. The better he gets the more Dragons' fans he'll attract to our games.
Why didnt you drop the shoulder in just as he was passing......at least you know how it felt in real terms ....and besides he may have stopped and said hello....although then again you may have been posting from the local hospital

ALSGI

Bench
Why didnt you drop the shoulder in just as he was passing......at least you know how it felt in real terms ....and besides he may have stopped and said hello....although then again you may have been posting from the local hospital
Lol BSE.
Dropping the shoulder in on Rava as he rode his pushbike past is soft mate.
I would’ve dummied a dropped shoulder, chucked my rubbish in his front basket, rung the bell on his handle bars and ripped the streamers of his flag pole!

Then run like hell and likely post from my hospital bed.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors

The biggest compliment Macca can get is the fact that nobody misses McInnes. Truly appreciated the blokes heart but his Mary love was sickening

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Lol BSE.
Dropping the shoulder in on Rava as he rode his pushbike past is soft mate.
I would’ve dummied a dropped shoulder, chucked my rubbish in his front basket, rung the bell on his handle bars and ripped the streamers of his flag pole!

Then run like hell and likely post from my hospital bed.
Ha ha.....ALSGI seriously do you think Rav would be riding a bike with a basket on the front lol

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Definitely another test for us this weekend

Sides will start to take us seriously now

We need to keep the momentum going
Thats good Tangles I hope sides do take us seriously and give it to us every game we play from now on.....you dont build character, team bonding and momentum from beating teams without being tested.....it may bank you 2 points when you win easier games but come the pointy end of the season those games that you really had to work for will be invaluable

BLM01

First Grade
No mate just kidding.
Can’t think of a Winger that would have a highlight clip just on hard hits! Rava’s going to have a Part 1,2 and 3 the way he’s going - just on hard hits then few more on scoring.
Jorge Taufua

Gareth67

First Grade
Back at Kogarah ! The stage is set for the boys to put on a great show for the supporters, more so after their recent success .

Let’s hope that they remain focused on the game and completely forget about their last 4 wins as we do not wish to do a ‘ Parramatta ‘ and take the opposition for granted .

The Warriors are a good side and we must not make too many mistakes , we need to continue on with the same attitude in our defense and have the ‘ speed ‘ players backing up the big boys for any off loads and the Big Red V could well put on a very respectable score against the team from the other side off the ditch .

Dragons by 18 :innocent:

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
remote.axd

Sign up for a free NRL Account to access this video and other exclusive content.

Already have an NRL Account? Log In

Not sure? Learn more about an NRL Account.

GAME DAY

Game day guide: Round 6 v Warriors
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 14 Apr 2021, 02:08 PM
Share on social media
The St George Illawarra Dragons will face the Warriors at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah on Sunday, April 18. This is your Round 6 game guide.

McGuire in contention
The ink on Josh McGuire's playing contract hardly had time to dry on Tuesday afternoon when he was named in the Dragons' 21 for the weekend's clash against the Warriors.

The former Cowboy had not yet met his teammates or had a training session in Wollongong prior to his nod in Anthony Griffin's reserves list.

Finding his way into the Dragons' forward pack won't be easy given the form of the Red V engine room of late.

McGuire will become St George Illawarra player #243 if he finds his way into an unchanged 17 following the Dragons' 26-12 win over the previously undefeated Parramatta Eels last Sunday.

remote.axd

Players react to McGuire signing

Players react to McGuire signing

Two in two weeks
Trent Merrin celebrated 150 games for the Dragons last weekend and will back it up this weekend with his 250th first grade game.

The 2010 premiership winner's 72 games for Penrith (2016-18) and 27 games for the Leeds Rhinos in the English Super League has helped the push for his second milestone in a fortnight.

The Warriors have been a happy hunting ground for Merrin over the course of his 13-year career, having won 12 of his 14 games against the team from across the ditch.

Troops return for opponents
Peta Hiku (knee), Bunty Afoa and Jamayne Taunoa-Brown (both suspension) are all welcomed additions to a Warriors team who copped a last-minute loss to the previously winless Sea Eagles on Friday.

The timely inclusions are at the expense of key players however, with David Fusitu'a (hamstring), Bailey Sironen and Eliesa Katoa (shoulder) all ruled out.

A new-look back row of Jack Murchie and Josh Curran beckons for the Warriors, who too will celebrate captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck's 100th game for the club.

Stats that matter
Matt Dufty was everywhere against the Eels. Directly responsible for all four tries (two scored, two assisted), the Penshurst RSL junior was a massive influence in the Dragons' fourth straight win.

One of the tries Dufty laid on was for Jack Bird who celebrated his maiden four-pointer for Red V, and first since Round 6, 2019 when he was at the Broncos.

Paul Vaughan meanwhile equalled his biggest on-field input for the season with a whopping 57-minute stint. The New South Wales and Test representative recorded 175 metres and 29 metres against the Eels.

Freeze frame
When Mikaele Ravalawa smiles, the world smiles. Look how happy the Fijian flyer is after scoring his fifth try of the season.

ravalawam-try-210411_bc_a75i7694_2021411192059.jpg

Member, member on the wall…
Where can you find my name on the famed Red V member wall this weekend? Well we're glad you asked.

The Red V members wall can be found at Gate A from go to whoa at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/04/14/game-day-guide-round-6-v-warriors/